• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Weekly AMA: FazDude (ROUND 2)

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
475762.png

FazDude

This AMA's subject is the Anna Lynn Apreciator, Fazdude!

Now this ain't Fazdude's first AMA here as they were a subject once before. I'd strongly recommend checking out Their initial AMA from last year just so we don't get a majority of repeat questions. However a good amount of time has passed from them and some answers may have changed, so at the same time, I wouldn't completely discourage repeats either.

As always, all site rules are in effect. Please try and limit yourself to one post containing up to three questions until Fazdude has answered, then you may ask more. And when asking questions, please keep it civil. Have fun! If you're curious about if you're on the list of future AMAs, refer to the Weekly AMA Directory. If you're not and you'd like to be added, please send me a message. Even if you've been a subject in the past, you're free to go again! We'll try to draw one name for an AMA each week, so stay tuned! And if you wanna check out some of the older AMAs, please refer to the Prior AMAs section in the AMA Directory

Alright, FazDude FazDude you ready?

I'll start:
  1. What are you expecting the next Smash game to look like?
  2. Do you have a favorite Pokemon?
  3. What got you to latch onto Anna Lynn in the first place?

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
1. What are some games you find underrated that don’t rhyme with schmanalynn or schmantonball schmeluxe?
2. Cats or dogs?
3. If you could give twitter to any fictional character and whatever they think gets tweeted who would you give it to and why?

Linkmain-maybe

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1042-6735-2236
1. Do you play any FPS's?
2. What are some games you find overrated?
3. If you had ONE wish that can do ANYTHING, what do you wish for?

FazDude

Smash Master
  1. What are you expecting the next Smash game to look like?
  2. Do you have a favorite Pokemon?
  3. What got you to latch onto Anna Lynn in the first place?
1. Honestly, all I’m expecting from the next Smash is roster cuts. Other than that, I really don’t put that much energy into thinking about what it could be. We don’t know if Sakurai’s directing or not, and even then, it probably won’t be for quite a while beyond this point, so I don’t think about it too much.
2. Not really - I used to be really into Pokemon as a kid, but I kinda fell off for reasons I don’t recall, so I’m really unfamiliar with most Pokemon beyond Gen 4. That said, I do have some candidates: Pikachu, Meowth, Ditto, and Gardevoir come to mind; Gardevoir is mainly just those old Ask Airalin Something comics rubbing off on me, though. Gamer Gardevoir >>> Weird fanart Gardevoir.
3. It’s a bit of a long-winded tale, but I’ll keep it brief. Found Annalynn on Steam, bought it, played it, liked it, tried submitting her to the All-Star Strife thread, went into a rabbit hole which changed me forever.

1. What are some games you find underrated that don’t rhyme with schmanalynn or schmantonball schmeluxe?
2. Cats or dogs?
3. If you could give twitter to any fictional character and whatever they think gets tweeted who would you give it to and why?
1. DKC3, New Super Mario Bros. DS, FNaF 3, Virtual Boy Wario Land, and Skylanders as a whole, just to name a few.
2. Cats all the way.
3. This one’s tricky. I’m gonna say Bowser for now.

1. Do you play any FPS's?
2. What are some games you find overrated?
3. If you had ONE wish that can do ANYTHING, what do you wish for?
1. The only ones I really play are TF2 and the DOOM series.
2. If I’m just sticking within my own realm of expertise here, Super Mario 64. It’s still a great game and a pretty big innovator in the realm of 3D gaming, but it hasn’t aged very well.
3. Infinite money.

1. Least wanted franchise for Drifting Dimensions?
2. Do you like Cartoon network? If so, what are you favorite shows?
3. Favorite toyline?
1. I don’t really have one - There’s franchises I don’t really care for, but I wouldn’t be upset if any of them got in.
2. I didn’t watch much Cartoon Network growing up, but I’ve come to appreciate it more on recent years. I do remember watching Dexter’s Lab more than any other CN show, though.
3. I really liked Transformers growing up.

Last edited:

Linkmain-maybe

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1042-6735-2236
1. Honestly, all I’m expecting from the next Smash is roster cuts. Other than that, I really don’t put that much energy into thinking about what it could be. We don’t know if Sakurai’s directing or not, and even then, it probably won’t be for quite a while beyond this point, so I don’t think about it too much.
2. Not really - I used to be really into Pokemon as a kid, but I kinda fell off for reasons I don’t recall, so I’m really unfamiliar with most Pokemon beyond Gen 4. That said, I do have some candidates: Pikachu, Meowth, Ditto, and Gardevoir come to mind; Gardevoir is mainly just those old Ask Airalin Something comics rubbing off on me, though. Gamer Gardevoir >>> Weird fanart Gardevoir.
3. It’s a bit of a long-winded tale, but I’ll keep it brief. Found Annalynn on Steam, bought it, played it, liked it, tried submitting her to the All-Star Strife thread, went into a rabbit hole which changed me forever.

1. DKC3, New Super Mario Bros. DS, FNaF 3, Virtual Boy Wario Land, and Skylanders as a whole, just to name a few.
2. Cats all the way.
3. This one’s tricky. I’m gonna say Bowser for now.

1. The only ones I really play are TF2 and the DOOM series.
2. If I’m just sticking within my own realm of expertise here, Super Mario 64. It’s still a great game and a pretty big innovator in the realm of 3D gaming, but it hasn’t aged very well.
3. Infinite money.

1. I don’t really have one - There’s franchises I don’t really care for, but I wouldn’t be upset if any of them got in.
2. I didn’t watch much Cartoon Network growing up, but I’ve come to appreciate it more on recent years. I do remember watching Dexter’s Lab more than any other CN show, though.
3. I really liked Transformers growing up.
1. Why wouldn't you wish for infinite wishes instead of infinite money.
2. Papa Johns or Pizza hut?
3. Chocolate or Vanilla.

FazDude

Smash Master
4. Any hopes for Mario movie?
5. Which dormant video game franchise deserves a new game in your opinion?
6. Any hopes for Annalynn 2?
1. I hope we get some more nods to music tracks from beyond the N64 era, as well as Wario turning up in a sequel.
2. Wario Land, mainly.
3. I hope those alternate Annalynn power-up concepts that Cruise Elroy posted make an appearance (although I’d prefer them not to clutter up gameplay - I want the game to retain simplistic arcade charm). Other than that, I’m pretty much open to anything.

1. Why wouldn't you wish for infinite wishes instead of infinite money.
2. Papa Johns or Pizza hut?
3. Chocolate or Vanilla.
1. Because you were probably expecting me to answer with that :troll:
2. I’ve only had Pizza Hut, and even then, just those tiny personal pizzas they sell at some Target cafes. So yeah, Pizza Hut, but local joints are better than both of ‘em.
3. Chocolate.

FazDude

Smash Master
7. Any opinions about Sonic frontiers?
8. Any experiences with Star Fox games?
9. Favorite Atari game?
7. I haven't played it for myself yet (saving my Steam money for other games, and I don't think the Switch version will give me the optimal experience), but it seems like a step in the right direction for Sonic, even if it has considerable flaws. In any case, I think it's the best Modern Sonic game we've gotten since Generations.
8. I got Star Fox 64 3D with my 3DS, and I thought it was a pretty neat game even if I sucked at it. Beyond that though, my experience with Star Fox boils down to brief excursions with Star Fox for SNES.
9. Roller Coaster Tycoon 2.

FazDude

Smash Master
10. Any opinions about Gex games?
11. Favorite 2010's meme?
12. Shrek 5 or Bee Movie 2?
10. Haven't played any of them, but they seem decent.
11. That's a tough one - the 2010s were great for memes! I'd have to say either Troll Face (something I still find funny) or Grand Dad (long story there).
12. Shrek 5.

KillerCage

Smash Master
1) Favorite game genre(s)?

2) Favorite prehistoric animal(s)?

3) Would you give Albert Wesker an egg? :4pacman:

FazDude

Smash Master
1) Favorite game genre(s)?

2) Favorite prehistoric animal(s)?

3) Would you give Albert Wesker an egg? :4pacman:
1. Platformers all the way. 2D platformers, 3D platformers, platfighters... I love 'em all!
2. I've always been a T-Rex kind of guy. Pretty basic, but they're still cool. I've also found myself finding pterodactyls quite neat as of late.
3. If he asked nicely.

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
4. NSMBDS, DKC2, Sonic Mania, Rayman Legends, and Annalynn.
5. Super Mario 3D World takes the cake. I also enjoy Banjo-Kazooie, Pac-Man World, and the Crash Bandicoot series.
6. Well, I mean, you showed me proof, so I guess I kinda have to believe.

KillerCage

Smash Master
7) Favorite film genre(s)?

8) Favorite platform fighter(s) excluding Smash Bros?

9) Would you help Duke Nukem get his massive forearm out from a can of Sour Cream & Onion Pringles? :4pacman:

FazDude

Smash Master
7) Favorite film genre(s)?

8) Favorite platform fighter(s) excluding Smash Bros?

9) Would you help Duke Nukem get his massive forearm out from a can of Sour Cream & Onion Pringles? :4pacman:
7. I'm not much of a movie guy, but I usually gravitate towards comedies and horror films.
8. Rivals of Aether, hands down. Honestly prefer it to any Smash game from a gameplay standpoint.
9. I doubt the almighty Duke needs my help. I bet he could just grab the can with his other hand and yank it off.

KillerCage

Smash Master
10) Favorite comedy movie(s)?

11) Favorite moon(s) in our solar system excluding our own moon?

12) Would you kill Ryu Hayabusa will kindness... and bullets? :4pacman:

FazDude

Smash Master
10) Favorite comedy movie(s)?

11) Favorite moon(s) in our solar system excluding our own moon?

12) Would you kill Ryu Hayabusa will kindness... and bullets? :4pacman:
10. I have trouble deciding on an exact favorite, but I’ve always liked the National Lampoon movies. I’ve also watched Home Alone and Stepbrothers recently - Those were fun.
11. Charon. It’s so strong, it makes Pluto wobble. Utter chad of a moon.
12. Don’t the two kinda contradict each other? Anyway, no.

FazDude

Smash Master
  1. A new mainline Mario (preferably 2D), a new Donkey Kong... anything, and a new Wario Land.
  2. Probably Dan. Ryu and Ken are also pretty neato.
  3. I don't go out of my way to see something just because it's post-apocalyptic, but I've seen my fair share of good apocalypse media.

FazDude

Smash Master
16. Least favorite arcade game?
17. Do you like PSABR? If so, who is your most wanted?
18. Favorite gaming decade?
16. That one's a toughie - I'm gonna have to say the original Donkey Kong, surprisingly enough. It's not something I'd call a flatout bad game, but I don't enjoy it really as much as Nintendo's other 80s arcade titles.
17. Never played it. As for a most-wanted character, I'm gonna have to say Crash Bandicoot.
18. The 90's.

KillerCage

Smash Master
13) Favorite horror film(s)?

14) Favorite mineral(s)?

15) Why are there 6 pedals when there are only 4 directions? :4pacman:

FazDude

Smash Master
  1. Gremlins. Yes, it counts.
  2. Probably amethyst.
  3. One for straight up, one for straight down. We don't have the technology to make either possible yet, but the manufacturers put the pedals in as a placeholder.

KillerCage

Smash Master
16) Thoughts on Gremlins 2?

17) Favorite cartoon(s)?

18) Are you Speed Racer's brother Rex Racer? :4pacman:

FazDude

Smash Master
16) Thoughts on Gremlins 2?

17) Favorite cartoon(s)?

18) Are you Speed Racer's brother Rex Racer? :4pacman:
16. I totally get why people prefer the original (Gremlins 2 leans way more towards comedy to the point where it's barely a horror film), but I like it!
17. SpongeBob, Phineas & Ferb (haven't watched Milo Murphy's Law, though), Gravity Falls, the Simpsons, Looney Tunes, and Tom & Jerry.
18. No, but I'm in a book club with him. Dude knows his Shakespeare.

KillerCage

Smash Master
19) Favorite Gravity Falls character(s)?

20) Favorite anime?

21) What would you buy from Waluigi's bridal boutique? :4pacman:

FazDude

Smash Master
19) Favorite Gravity Falls character(s)?

20) Favorite anime?

21) What would you buy from Waluigi's bridal boutique? :4pacman:
19. Bill and Stan.
20. I don't watch anime, but Dragon Ball seems pretty nifty.
21. Whatever he's got.
19. Least favorite gaming decade?
20. Favorite Minecraft mob?
21. Any thoughts about Electronic Arts (company)?
19. I dunno. Maybe the 2010s? As many great games came out during that period, we also saw a lot of companies doing pretty shady stuff.
20. I've always had a soft spot for Creepers.
21. Generally good games, poor morals.

KillerCage

Smash Master
22) Favorite web show(s)?

23) Favorite Spongebob character(s) excluding Spongebob, Patrick, Sandy, and Squidward?

24) Would you let Ryu shoot Ryu with swords? :4pacman:

FazDude

Smash Master
22) Favorite web show(s)?

23) Favorite Spongebob character(s) excluding Spongebob, Patrick, Sandy, and Squidward?

24) Would you let Ryu shoot Ryu with swords? :4pacman:
22. Scott the Woz.
23. In the grand scheme of the whole show, probably Mr. Krabs. In relation to exclusively the later seasons... uhhhh... Fred, I guess?
24. Yes, if only because I'm morbidly curious how that even works.

KillerCage

Smash Master
25) Favorite Simpsons character(s)?

26) Favorite science topic(s)?

27) Will you let Agent G play his 7@(%!#& music? :4pacman:

FazDude

Smash Master
25) Favorite Simpsons character(s)?

26) Favorite science topic(s)?

27) Will you let Agent G play his 7@(%!#& music? :4pacman:
25. I quite like Homer, Ned (mostly from early seasons), and Skinner.
26. I'm not much of a science guy, but I used to be big on astrology.
27. The guy from the House of the Dead? He seems like he has decent music taste; sure.

KillerCage

Smash Master
Final set of questions:

28) Favorite music genre(s)?

29) Favorite Phineas & Freb character(s) excluding Phineas and Freb?

30) WHAT KILLED THE ICE AGE!?!? :4pacman: :4pacman: :4pacman:

FazDude

Smash Master
Final set of questions:

28) Favorite music genre(s)?

29) Favorite Phineas & Freb character(s) excluding Phineas and Freb?

30) WHAT KILLED THE ICE AGE!?!? :4pacman: :4pacman: :4pacman:
28. Other than video game OSTs (which I could consider to be their own thing at this point), I really like country and classic rock.
29. Dr. Doof. Pretty standard answer, but he's a really good character.
30. Disney... for a while, anyway.

It has been an honor, o' wise Cage.

Top Bottom