• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Weekly AMA: Dutch Sakuraba (ROUND 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
451546(1).jpg

Dutch Sakura
This AMA's subject is a favorite face in the Social Thread has good ol' Irish blood, Dutch Sakuraba!

Now this ain't Just a Dutch Sakuraba's first AMA here as they were a subject in the past. I'd strongly recommend checking out Dutch Sakuraba's initial AMA from last year just so we don't get a majority of repeat questions. However a good amount of time has passed and some answers may have changed, so at the same time, I wouldn't completely discourage repeats either.

As always, all site rules are in effect. Please try and limit yourself to one post containing up to three questions until Dutch Sakuraba has answered, then you may ask more. And when asking questions, please keep it civil. Have fun! If you're curious about if you're on the list of future AMAs, refer to this post over in the Social thread. If you're not and you'd like to be added, please send me a message. Even if you've been a subject in the past, you're free to go again! We'll try to draw one name for an AMA each week, so stay tuned! And if you wanna check out some of the older AMAs, please refer to this post in the Social Thread

Alright, Dutch Raikuna Dutch Raikuna , you ready?

I'll start:
  1. What are your overall thoughts on Ultimate's set of newcomers?
  2. What's your favorite thing about Smashboards?
  3. Waffles or Pancakes?

Noipoi

Howdy!
Sup?

1) Would you rather have an elephant sized dog or a dog sized elephant?
2) What did you have for lunch? Three weeks ago?
3) You are tasked with creating an animated series. What’s the plot?

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Well, well I'm up for round 2! First of all: I still remember my first AMA very well. Those days of binging Hitman 2 and before going on holiday to England. Fun times.

ANYWAYS!

b0036381_50ac7aca37e79.jpg

Let us begin!

View attachment 340430
Dutch Sakura
This AMA's subject is a favorite face in the Social Thread has good ol' Irish blood, Dutch Sakuraba!

Now this ain't Just a Dutch Sakuraba's first AMA here as they were a subject in the past. I'd strongly recommend checking out Dutch Sakuraba's initial AMA from last year just so we don't get a majority of repeat questions. However a good amount of time has passed and some answers may have changed, so at the same time, I wouldn't completely discourage repeats either.

As always, all site rules are in effect. Please try and limit yourself to one post containing up to three questions until Dutch Sakuraba has answered, then you may ask more. And when asking questions, please keep it civil. Have fun! If you're curious about if you're on the list of future AMAs, refer to this post over in the Social thread. If you're not and you'd like to be added, please send me a message. Even if you've been a subject in the past, you're free to go again! We'll try to draw one name for an AMA each week, so stay tuned! And if you wanna check out some of the older AMAs, please refer to this post in the Social Thread

Alright, Dutch Raikuna Dutch Raikuna , you ready?

I'll start:
  1. What are your overall thoughts on Ultimate's set of newcomers?
  2. What's your favorite thing about Smashboards?
  3. Waffles or Pancakes?
Head chef comes first! (I mean that is logical but still.)

1. To go into a bit of detail, as the base game I still think a few newcomers is missing like Captain Toad, Tails, Dixie Kong, a new Zelda rep and a reworked Young Link/Toon Link and Lucina (her bride class would have been cool). DLC is where it got really good. Still feel like Joker should have been one of the last to accommodate for Royal/Strikers content. Would have loved Nakoruru over Terry.
FP2 though is just perfect but wouldn't have minded another FF rep like Terra or Lightning over Sephiroth.

2. Very easy - The 12 or so people who I find cool. If you are on my server it means I like you but a few I still haven't added or anything. I'll get round to that over the Christmas break.
Best of all I just like it how a lot of SB are actually creators of their own like writers and artists. Feels like a branch of it's own.

3. Hmmm.........................................................Narrowly Waffles. Except the one with sugar cubes hidden in them.

Sup?

1) Would you rather have an elephant sized dog or a dog sized elephant?
2) What did you have for lunch? Three weeks ago?
3) You are tasked with creating an animated series. What’s the plot?
The man who I could probably rhyme his name the best comes best.

1. Elephant sized dog by far. Would be funny to have a Chihuahua that size. Wouldn't look forward to clean up the mess though.

2. Knowing me? Probably Chinese food or Burger King.

3. Too many ideas. If I had to go American style I'd probably make it like Rugrats but replace the kids with walking plants.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
  1. What is your favorite literary genre?
  2. Do you have any anime/cartoon you wish was still ongoing?
  3. Which egg is the best?

Dutch Raikuna

1. Favorite food?
  2. Cats or Dogs?
  3. Do you ever ponder your place in the cosmos?
1. Asian Cuisine. Instant ramen and toast is a favourite snack of mine. I do love a lot of meat and rice combined.

2. Dogs by far. Still miss mine.

3. Yes everyday.

1. What is your favorite part about writing?
2. Name 5 positive things about yourself
3. If you and I were to meet up irl one day, how would you want to spend our time together?
1. The ability to express myself in a way that I don't get stressed about it or how compared to something like modelling it doesn't have as a high of a bar to jump over.

2. My hair, my nationality, my love of cycling, my love of writing and the fact that I exist outside of the norm.

3. Mostly walk around insert city and talk. Sit at a cafe and show stuff we written. Most of that is the same on a voice call.

1. What is your favorite literary genre?
  2. Do you have any anime/cartoon you wish was still ongoing?
  3. Which egg is the best?
1. Adventure that has interesting lore, absurdist comedy and slice of life.

2. Spice and Wolf, Re:Zero, Land of the Lustrous. Those I could watch until the end.

3. Omelette. That and fried rice together is just amazing.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
1. What do you enjoy most about where you live?
2. Any notable music that you've been listening to lately?
3. Top five waifus, go. (Somebody had to)

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

1. I'd say I'm familiar with the anime you love, but what are the shows you dislike?
2. Where does the name Dutch Sakuraba come from?
3. How many fingers am I holding up?
Dylly actually gave me tough questions.

1. Outside of live-action cop dramas and British soap operas there were a few anime I didn't like. Persona 5 the Animation, Monster Musume (friend forced me to watch that), Tonikawa, Wataten etc. I'm more a person who is pretty divisive on shows. To Your Eternity (I can write about that one), No Game No Life, Angel Beats, Konosuba, That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime etc.

2. Gonna copy it from what I told Andrea the other day:
Dutch comes from Dutch van der Linde from Red Dead Redemption.
Sakuraba comes from Neku Sakuraba from The World Ends With You which I played the same year.
2014 started playing Persona 4 Golden (had it for a year and a half before but I was weird with for some reason.) and before I knew Yu Narukami as the canon so I picked the name. So stuck the two together and the name became what I use for social media.

3. None as you are typing.

1. What do you enjoy most about where you live?
2. Any notable music that you've been listening to lately?
3. Top five waifus, go. (Somebody had to)
A friend has asked me one of the toughest.

1. Being part of a place that has given me a very different identity that isn't really found anywhere else in the world. I live in a place that has no universally agreed identity and how it's seen is based on the individual. Other than that it's a bunch of small things and mundane things you find other places.

2. Been listening to Bastion and Transistor's soundtracks a lot lately over the past few weeks and have added more anime songs like the OPs from Beyond the Boundary and Super Cub to my phone. Nothing beyond that.

3. Just before this. I saw this post while taking a break from cycling and I literally sat down for 15 minutes thinking about this so damn you. Here you go so judge me.

1. Holo (Spice and Wolf)

v2-a050cc51abb1768faba5703454f6aa93_1440w.jpg

2. Noire (Hyperdimension Neptunia)

noire-hyperdimension-neptunia-358.jpg

3. Kat (Gravity Rush)

5f706aeda9e24e7e3669bff052628914045f17e8v2_hq.jpg

4. Arashi Spring (Scarlet Nexus)

Elx8kk2.jpeg

5. Mythra (Xenoblade 2)

EKZIfboku.jpg

Then honorable mentions:

Claire Rieveldt (Trails of Cold Steel)
Tifa Lockhart (Final Fantasy VII)
Kurumi Tokisaka (Date A Live)
Makoto Nijima (Persona 5)
Makise Kurisu (Steins Gate)

I am a man of honesty...............or a degenerate.

Last edited:

KillerCage

Smash Master
1) Favorite game genre(s)?

2) Favorite prehistoric animal(s)?

3) Will you give Albert Wesker an egg? :4pacman:

Dutch Raikuna

1) Favorite game genre(s)?

2) Favorite prehistoric animal(s)?

3) Will you give Albert Wesker an egg? :4pacman:
1. Practically all in one form or another except battle royale and survival horror.

2. Don't really have an answer to that.

3. No.

1. Who is your most wanted SEGA character for Smash?
2. Do you like Capcom Vs. games?
3. Favorite Cartoon Network cartoon?
1. Hmmmmmmm, Sakura from Sakura Wars probably.

2. Haven't played them really.

3. No answer.

1. What’s an anime or another series you wish you could’ve liked or gotten into?
2. How would you describe your own personal philosophy?
3. Who are your personal heroes, real and fictional?
God Wade thought you knew me all ready but that's why I like ya!

1. Non Non Biyori is a great example anime wise. I love slice of life but something about it just feels off. There are a few anime like A Certain Magical Index, Symphogear, Lucky Star etc that I'm surprised I haven't watched yet. Some TV shows like Rick and Morty, Adventure Time etc I'm surprised I haven't watched as well.

2. Be nice to your friends and a **** to your enemies. Always question everything. Look at the stage of the universe and remember that along with kings, sweepers and dictators you share the same drop in the ocean.

3. Don't really have heroes. There are people who have inspired me though in my way of thinking both in life such as George Carlin and Carl Sagan for example.
For the latter is really is an understatement as to how The Pale Blue Dot has really, really changed my life.

Dutch Raikuna

1. Why don't you like being followed?
2. Your most wanted newcomer for Multiversus?
3. Your favorite Fighting game character?
Oh wow.

1. You don't have my respect yet. The ones who do I consider friends.

2. Not into it.

3. Saber (Melty Blood: Type Lumina), Naoto (Persona 4 Arena Ultimax), Kenshi (Mortal Kombat X) and like five others.

Dutch Raikuna

4. What inspired you to pick up creative writing and how long have you been doing it?
5. How would you rank your overall skill level as a gamer?
6. Are there any sweets that you're simply unable to resist?

And that waifu list checks out. Good choices!
I knew you were going to agree on the waifus list. I would have cried.

4. Really got going the end of 2018 but the ideas have been there since about the start of 2014. There was a three month window back then where I was very, very obsessed with Ico/Shadow of the Colossus and the FFXIII Trilogy so they inspired me a bit ideas wise. Then almost died from a blood infection as you know in 2018 and felt very depressed. Writing helped me out with it. More to the story of course.

5. Honestly I'd say midway. Very few games I enjoy on hard mode like Ghost of Tsushima, Assassin's Creed and fighting games like Smash Bros and Melty Blood but for the rest I just play on normal or easy.

6. Cola bottles probably or strawberry laces. Stuff goes well with a Nintendo Direct and a nice soda.

4) Favorite platformer(s)?

5) Favorite RPG(s)?

6) Do you believe Sly Cooper can fly? :4pacman:
4. Off the top of my head? Celeste, Super Mario Galaxy and a few others that hasn't crossed the mind yet.

5. Way too many. I've been playing RPGs since...............since...................uh Mario and Luigi games I think. Now? Trails of Cold Steel 1-4, Xenoblade, The Outer Worlds, Mass Effect 2, The World Ends With You, Tales of Berseria, Final Fantasy IX, Scarlet Nexus, Chrono Trigger and about 20 others.

6. Nah. I don't believe it.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
7. Would you go hang gliding if given the chance?
8. How would you rank the Final Fantasy series from what you've played?
9. Seeing as how you just recently finished replaying it (as did I), what were your favorite suits in Marvel's Spider-Man?

Dutch Raikuna

7. Would you go hang gliding if given the chance?
8. How would you rank the Final Fantasy series from what you've played?
9. Seeing as how you just recently finished replaying it (as did I), what were your favorite suits in Marvel's Spider-Man?
7. Nah. Not that much into stuff like that.

8. Just going by mainline:

1 - Final Fantasy IX
2 - Final Fantasy X
3 - Final Fantasy XII
4 - Final Fantasy VII
5 - Final Fantasy XV
6 - Final Fantasy VI
7 - Final Fantasy XIII
8 - Final Fantasy VIII

9. The Armoured White Spider and the Iron Spider suits easily. The latter just looks amazing at night.

KillerCage

Smash Master
7) Favorite shooter(s)?

8) Favorite strategy game(s)?

9) Would you kill Ryu Hayabusa with kindness... and bullets? :4pacman:

Dutch Raikuna

7) Favorite shooter(s)?

8) Favorite strategy game(s)?

9) Would you kill Ryu Hayabusa with kindness... and bullets? :4pacman:
7. Too many.

8. Fire Emblem Three Houses and Civ VI. I've spent way too much time on the latter.

9. He too fast for me. I can't even reload a pistol if I could.

KillerCage

Smash Master
10) Favorite action-adventure game(s)?

11) Favorite Xenoblade party member(s)?

12) Will you make a sacrifice to the Door Gods? :4pacman:

Dutch Raikuna

10) Favorite action-adventure game(s)?

11) Favorite Xenoblade party member(s)?

12) Will you make a sacrifice to the Door Gods? :4pacman:
OK you are gonna have to slow down man.

10. Too many.

11. ****. This is hard. Most of them yes.

12. No but I will make a sacrifice to the Office Window god instead.

KillerCage

Smash Master
OK you are gonna have to slow down man.

10. Too many.

11. ****. This is hard. Most of them yes.

12. No but I will make a sacrifice to the Office Window god instead.
I need to ask 30 questions and I already asked 12!
THERE IS NO STOPPING MEEEEEEE!!!!

Anyway:

13) Favorite film genre(s)?

14) Favorite Xenoblade 2 non-story Rare Blade(s)?

15) Why are there 6 pedals when there are only 4 directions? :4pacman:

Dutch Raikuna

I need to ask 30 questions and I already asked 12!
THERE IS NO STOPPING MEEEEEEE!!!!

Anyway:

13) Favorite film genre(s)?

14) Favorite Xenoblade 2 non-story Rare Blade(s)?

15) Why are there 6 pedals when there are only 4 directions? :4pacman:
Nope.

"You are now in the queue. You are number....................7. Please hold."

jingle music plays

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
10. What are some languages that really interest you?
11. Are there any cliches in video games/film that you absolutely cannot stand?
12. How satisfied are you with 2021 anime wise?

Dutch Raikuna

10. What are some languages that really interest you?
11. Are there any cliches in video games/film that you absolutely cannot stand?
12. How satisfied are you with 2021 anime wise?
Forgot to ask this one. I'm sowwy.

10. A lot of languages interest me. Some I can speak at a basic level like Italian, Chinese and Japanese. I used to be interested in Irish and Spanish when I was younger but lost interest.

11. The dumb as **** can't understand hints that insert friend has fallen in love with him or wants a relationship cliche, looking at most JRPGs. And the Deus Ex Machina one.

12. To go into detail:
January - Very, very satisfied with Dr Stone, Laid-Back Camp (swear that cured me of depression for a bit), Re:Zero, Wonder Egg Priority, Quintessential Quintuplets. All five were great but Wonder Egg had a bad finale. Laid-Back and Re:Zero were not as memorable as Season 1 but still perfect.

April - Pretty satisfied with Zombieland Saga. Season 2 knocked expectation after expectation every episode and become the sixth 10/10 anime on my list.
Fluorite Eye's Song (best episode of anime this year came from that) and what I watched of Super Cub was great but need to finish.
Became very, very, very divided on To Your Eternity and Tokyo Revengers (the former is the most divisive anime I've watch personally. I'll explain that one day.) TWEWY was a bit of a disappointment.

July - Dragon Maid was a trip for Season 2 and Jahy felt lacking.

October - Komi-san was good and Mushoku Tensei surpassed my expectations by lightyears. Takt Op Destiny was a disappointment.

Still a lot of anime from this year I've to watch like Nagatoro, Farewell Dear Cramer (the soccer anime), Osamake, Sonny Boy and 86 of course. What do you think?

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
13. What are some of your favorite drinks?
14. Who's the best character in Laid-Back Camp (excluding Rin, because that's obvious)?
15. Do you believe that love can bloom on a battlefield?

Still a lot of anime from this year I've to watch like Nagatoro, Farewell Dear Cramer (the soccer anime), Osamake, Sonny Boy and 86 of course. What do you think?
I think it's been a good year, although I haven't watched nearly as many anime as you have.

• Laid-Back Camp S2 was fun.
  • Nagatoro was a pleasant surprise after a rough couple of first episodes. Love the relationship between the two leads.
  • 86: Eighty Six has great production values and a killer soundtrack while also occasionally delving into some serious themes like discrimination and oppression. Also Lena is the best
  • Jahy really found its footing in the second cour and was generally a wholesome time.
  • Fena: Pirate Princess fell apart in the last few episodes but I mostly enjoyed it. As with 86, the production values were top notch so that made the experience more pleasant that it would have been otherwise.
  • Demon Slayer: Entertainment District Arc is gonna be a ride and I'm all for it.

The only true disappointment I had was Tokyo Revengers...but at least the OP slaps.

osby

Smash Obsessed
  1. Do you like rogue-like games?
  2. Favorite fighting game archetype?
  3. What is a food you never expected to like as much as you do now?

Dutch Raikuna

So guys. I'm up by tomorrow night for a final round or so do fire.

Do you mind answering these questions?

These can be my final question if you want.
OK. Your final ones.

13. Animation, comedy, action. Anything out ther really.
14. Finch, Agate and Kasandra easily (half the reason cause I adore their Japanese VAs) then Praxis and Theory for designs. Also the crossovers of course.
15. I don't know dude, I just cycle.

13. What are some of your favorite drinks?
14. Who's the best character in Laid-Back Camp (excluding Rin, because that's obvious)?
15. Do you believe that love can bloom on a battlefield?
13. Of all time? I'd say Vanilla Coke and strawberry water. Also cold vanilla mocha you can get in a fridge. Stuff is amazing to wake up to but it's expensive so I sometimes drink monster.

14. Outside of Rin I'd say Nadeshiko easily. The friendship is just way too wholesome. I adore the rest of the main cast of friends plus Nadeshiko's friend Ayano.

15. In a one on one sword duel amidst the petals? Yes. Anywhere else? NOPE.

1. Do you like rogue-like games?
  2. Favorite fighting game archetype?
  3. What is a food you never expected to like as much as you do now?
1. Don't mind them but none I have absolute favourites of.
2. Anything that is unique really. I do like more speedy mid range characters ideally.
3. Good question. Teriyaki and Miso flavours in stuff is a great example. Also salt and vinegar chips (fries). Like the dirtiest tasting food known to man but in a good and homely mood it hits good.

Dutch Raikuna

1. Who is your favorite character from Sonic and SEGA Allstars Racing and Sonic Allstars Racing Transformed?
2. Favorite shooting game?
3. Have you grow up with flash games?
1. Haven't played both.
2. Hmmmmm hard to answer.
3. Yeah but the details are vague. Do remember Newgrounds being banned in my household for a while for some reason.

16. What's a quote that lives rent free in your head?
17. How fast can you type on a keyboard?
18. Who are your favorite characters in Fire Emblem: Three Houses?
main-qimg-4ae1d790f30f78d22b5e427b6ac01eddpollplplmpmpmp (1).jpg

Has almost gotten me killed while cycling once but still means a lot to me. In fact almost everything from Kino's Journey can be on it. Too many quotes I like.

17. About 35 words a minute on a good day.

18. Claude, Petra, Bernadetta, Marianne plus Shamir best tutor.

How I have not really replayed the game is beyond me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom