• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Weekly AMA: Baysha

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
1000000963.png

Baysha

This AMA's subject is all ears, Baysha!

As always, all site rules are in effect. Please try and limit yourself to one post containing up to three questions until Baysha has answered, then you may ask more. And when asking questions, please keep it civil. Have fun! If you're curious about if you're on the list of future AMAs, refer to the Weekly AMA Directory. If you're not and you'd like to be added, please send me a message. Even if you've been a subject in the past, you're free to go again! We'll try to draw one name for an AMA each week, so stay tuned! And if you wanna check out some of the older AMAs, please refer to the Prior AMAs section in the AMA Directory

Alright, Baysha Baysha , you ready?

I'll start:
  1. On a scale of 1-10, how satisfied are you with Ultimate's set of newcomers??
  2. How'd you get to joining SB in the first place?
  3. Waffles or pancakes?

KillerCage

Smash Master
1) Favorite game genre(s)?

2) Favorite prehistoric animal(s)?

3) Would you give Albert Wesker an egg? :4pacman:

Baysha

Smash Ace
Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku
1) Eh... 6 closer to a 5 than a 7. Looking at Ult's newcomers it kinda just feels like they all coalesce together into a beige-colored sludge. There's not really much that appeals to me personally looking back tbh. There's like, K-Rool, Inkling, and Steve and that's kinda it. Not to mention that I didn't buy either of the fighter's passes, so the majority of the speculation scene was spent as a spectator that didn't actually get to play any of the characters.

2) I actually made a profile post about this on my 1 year anniversary of being on this site. Basically, I'm working on a platfighter concept thing that I actually want to turn into a real game eventually. (If I even can, lol) Where characters can pull out items mid-match. (Kinda like Smash Remix's taunt item mode but you get to select which items you pull out) so I went looking for examples of competitively-balanced item design and came across these two threads about making a more competitive item ruleset and the rest is history.

https://smashboards.com/threads/off...d-for-a-side-project-huh-p-poll-in-op.164675/

https://smashboards.com/threads/item-standard-play-ruleset.379640/

3) Definitely pancakes. They're just so fluffy and waffles taste a little too starchy for me.

FazDude FazDude
1) I've mainly been playing a lot of Yomi Hustle (I refuse to call it Your Only Move Is Hustle) an addictive turn-based stick figure fighting game where you can basically do all the strategy and cool stuff pro fighting game players do without having to need the reaction time. I've also been playing a lot of flash games on the flashpoint archive.

2)
  1. Snowball (Bunnykill)
  2. Bloody Bunny (Bloody Bunny)
  3. Cinderace (Pokemon)
Yeah my top 2 are both cute murderous bunnies whatcha gonna do about it?

3) uh... the Metal Head one without Diddy's singing I guess

Baysha

Smash Ace
1) Favorite game genre(s)?

2) Favorite prehistoric animal(s)?

3) Would you give Albert Wesker an egg? :4pacman:
1) Platform fighters by far. I'm also a fan of rogulites, boomer shooters, arcade-style games, and genre mashups

2) The euoplocephalus or (the feathered version of) the raptor

3) He seems to really want one, so sure.

1. New hopes for Mario movie?
2. Favorite Newgrounds character?
3. Favorite anime/manga?
1) That it won't feel like a "museum of references" without a good plot. As in it just goes from one game reference to another while not having much in the way of a story

2) I don't really have a specific favorite, but some highlights are Bitey from Brackenwood, Doki and Nabi from There She Is, Snowball from Bunnykill, Strawberry Clock, Castle Cat, and more.

3) I don't watch much anime, but I adore the aesthetics of 60's and 80's anime.

1. Are you excited for any upcoming games?
2. What are some of your favorite characters, in video games or otherwise?
3. How do you like bananas: brown, brownish yellow, yellow, yellowish green or green?
1) Fraymakersfraymakersfraymakersfraymakersfraymakers

2) Mine, Bomberman, Tux the Penguin, Plok, Stevonnie and White Diamond (but only as a villain) from Steven Universe, Mozart and Hamood from DOATK, Ceda Cedovic, Doomguy (but not Doom Slayer) Cattail, Egret Flower, Magic Shroom, and Fume Shroom from PvZ, the cat that used to replace Commander Keen in Freedoom until they replaced them with some weird alien thing, and some more I probably didn't think of

3) Yellow but not minding the greener ones. I don't like brown ones.

Last edited:

KillerCage

Smash Master
4) Favorite Platform Fighter(s) excluding Smash Bros?

5) Favorite Rogulite(s)?

6) Would you help Duke Nukem get his massive forearm out from a can of Sour Cream & Onion Pringles? :4pacman:

Baysha

Smash Ace
4) Favorite Platform Fighter(s) excluding Smash Bros?

5) Favorite Rogulite(s)?

6) Would you help Duke Nukem get his massive forearm out from a can of Sour Cream & Onion Pringles? :4pacman:
1) Rivals of Aether and/or Slap City. They're actually my favorites even when including Smash

2) Binding of Isaac. I love how varied each run can be and the dark theming (Also my roguelite hot take is that I don't really like Hades. The gameplay of it at least)

3) No. He's better this way. You know how effective hitting them with a Pringles can is at stopping alien invaders?

KillerCage

Smash Master
7) Favorite boomer shooter(s)?

8) Favorite arcade game(s)?

9) Would you let Ryu shoot Ryu with swords? :4pacman:

Baysha

Smash Ace
7) Favorite boomer shooter(s)?

8) Favorite arcade game(s)?

9) Would you let Ryu shoot Ryu with swords? :4pacman:
1) Probably classic Doom. (Not NuDoom 😡) it was really the first one I played and I haven't stopped since. I also love the modding community for it.

2) Annalynn lol. Also a lot of flash games in general

3)I have no idea what you're talking about but no seems like a safe bet.

4. Favorite music genre?
5. Favorite SEGA franchise?
6. HWYR if Heavy (TF2) was added to smash as playable fighter?
1) B R E A K C O R E

2) Not that into Sega but I like Jet Set Radio

3) WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Top Bottom