• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Weekend Watchlist Two: What To Watch This Weekend

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Welcome to the second edition of Weekend Watchlist, the best way to find the most exciting tournaments to watch each weekend! We help fans satisfy that craving for Smash content by sifting through the tournaments and streams planned for each weekend and coming up with the best to tune into. Without further ado, here is the Weekend Watchlist!

Denti's Bizarre Adventure
Taking Place in Plano, Texas on May 16th, Denti's Bizarre Adventure is a Smash 4 tournament that will feature players like Denti, Oracle, Bwett, Aerolink, and Larry Lurr. Accompanying the normal singles and doubles events will be an amiibo tournament as well. The tournament will be streamed by Tourney Locator, and a tentative schedule is included below. For more information on the event check out its Smashboards thread.
Schedule:
10:00 AM: Venue Opens, Registration Begins
11:00 AM: Doubles Bracket Starts
12:00 PM: Amiibo Tournament Starts, Singles Registration Ends
12:30 PM: Singles Pools Start
5:00 PM: Singles Bracket Starts

Smash PhD

With one of the coolest trailers around (including a female version), Smash PhD is an epic tournament taking place in Sao Paulo, Brazil featuring Smash for Wii U, Project M, and Melee. The tournament is awarding some very unique prizes for the winners:

Melee/PM
1º R$300,00
2º GCN Controller
3ª Amiibo (Sheik/DK)

Wii U
1º Nintendo 3DS XL New Super Mario Bros 2 Edition
2º GCN adapter
3º Amiibo (Diddy)
4ª Amiibo (Luigi)​

The brackets for the event will be available here. The event will be streamed by TeamDASHSP, and a tentative schedule has been included below. For more information on the event check out its Smashboards thread.
Schedule: (UTC - 3:00)

Saturday 05/16
10AM: Venue open
1PM: Melee Pools (A - D)
3PM: Project M Pools (A - D)
5PM: Melee Top06
7PM: Project M Top06
10PM: Venue close

Sunday 05/17
10AM: Venue open
11AM: Wii U Pools (A - B)
2PM: Wii U Pools (C - D)
6PM: Wii U Top08
10PM: Venue close

Revelation 2
Revelation 2 is a tournament featuring Smash 64, Melee, Project M, and Smash for Wii U. Presented by MVG, it boasts a list of top players such as Mew2King, Axe, Hungrybox, Zero, MVD, Zhu, Taj, and MDZ! The event is an MVG qualifier event for Melee and Smash for Wii U. The stream will be provided by MVG League, and a tentative schedule is included below. For more information on the event check out its Smashboards thread.

Enthusiast Gaming Live
Enthusiast Gaming Live is collaborating with Toronto’s 4 largest eSports organizations to host 18 events in one location, with opportunities to compete in final brackets for over $12,000 in cash prizes. Among these events are Melee singles and doubles as well as Smash for Wii U singles and doubles. Some well known names and talent will be present, including Toronto Joe, KirbyKaze, RaynEX, Kage, Vwins, Duck, Shroomed, and Coastward. The Melee stream will be on EvenMatchupGaming and the Smash for Wii U stream will be provided by EGEOfficial. While no official stream schedule has been released, an event schedule is available on PDF.
---​

So choose a stream, maybe fire up multitwitch, and satisfy that need for Smash with the coolest events around! If there are events that should be featured in next Weekend Watchlist mention them in the comments below or Tweet them out to @SmashCapps.

Last edited:

MintChipper

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TonyEH
3DS FC
2793-1055-4457
Every single night I pray "Will MVG redeem themselves? Probably nah." (Also I'm crazy glad 64 is at Revelations)

Last edited:

KCB: Cloth

Killer Combro
Nice! Hope to see some nice and heated battles. Hopefully some variety in characters.

E.Lopez

Smash Journeyman
NNID
roykoopa64
Denti's Bizarre Adventure is in Plano, TX!? This is like a 15 minute drive from my house, but I won't be in town this weekend! :c

*sigh*

AncientBaby

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AncientBaby
3DS FC
4854-6493-8093
Denti's Bizarre Adventure is in Plano, TX!? This is like a 15 minute drive from my house, but I won't be in town this weekend! :c

*sigh*
Weeklies for Melee (Monday), Sm4sh (Wednesday), and PM (Thursday) also are hosted at the same venue if you're able to make it out to one of them!

Omar_25

Smash Superstar
I kind of miss the days when brawl was actually at tournaments...

Anyway, I will definitely be watching Revelation 2.

StabbityJoe

Smash Apprentice
NNID
StabbityJoe
Is there anything else?
Wind Waker, Mario Kart 8, Hyrule Warriors, Xenoblade 3D, Arkham Origins, New Leaf, Majora's Mask, Borderlands, Super Mario 3D Land, Treasure Trackers, Minecraft, and Psyco Waluigi to name a few.

LifeMakesMeLOL

Smash Rookie
You all should definitely watch Revelations. Used to live in CO and their scene doesn't get enough love.

Super FOG

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FOG2006
3DS FC
4253-3752-2801
Smash PhD faced some serious problems with the stream, so, for the sunday, it will not have stream in order to focus the tourney organization. Luckily, they'll have a capture card to record the top six matches. Kinda lame, but it was a serious issue in their actual venue.

Top Bottom