• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Weegee Counter?

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
I've played smash bros games since the first one on the N64, but up to this point I haven't ever tried to mimic anyone's play style or used any tips and I've held a decent win rate. However, I feel that I can't go on like this since I've been struggling against luigi users that love to spam fireball and grab combo me. Normally, I find a way around anyone that loves to repeat the same tactic over and over without a change up, but this time I still haven't figured out a counter especially when I'm using a heavy character without projectiles. So, for the first time I'm asking for tips.

MERPIS

Smash Lord
NNID
Catboog
Exploit Luigi's ass-tier mobility, range, and recovery, yes, he can do a crap load of damage if he gets a hold of you, but if you play a character like Mewtwo, Cloud, or Sonic, you won't need to worry about that at all.

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
Don't get too close to him. If he grabs you you're taking about 50 damage.

My personal character choice is Villager (already one of my submains). Play ultra safe and don't commit to getting too close to him if you can help it. Focus on just getting him off stage and gimping his recovery. His recovery is horrible and it's easy to exploit that.

Out of all the characters you play based on your signature, I guess I would recommend..Mario? Or Diddy Kong? Maybe Yoshi if he can mash out of luigi's combos, idk.

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
Well, in the matchup with Mario you need to abuse FLUDD since it pushes him harder than any other character in the game, and his ledge options are poor. Utilt covers ledge jump, hang, rise, and has low enough endlag to react to the other options. (Luigi is one of the few characters mario utilt hits on the ledge)

So base your neutral on camping with fludd, fireballs, and bairs to get him off the stage.

Also opt to ALWAYS fthrow offstage him unless you have notable enough rage to make dthrow stuff true. (OR you know he's going to DI in thus make dthrow kill confirms work) And even then, aim for dthrow bair/nair.

They also LOVE to spotdodge, but can shield > upb dash attack so just fsmash a lot as it's very safe on luigi's shield, beats grab, jab, and spotdodge.

But, the matchup is still hard and worth getting a secondary for.

Mewtwo, Yoshi, Corrin, and Rosa boast good and easy matchups vs Luigi.

Top Bottom