• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Webb of Shadows Tourney Jan. 9th Poughkeepsie New York

PK Webb

Smash Champion
Ok Im deciding to throw another tourney while ppl wont be havin skool johns most likely. If u can take a train to Poughkeepsie i am willing to pick up ppl from the train station and bring them to the tourney free of charge and of course back to the train station at the end of it all (just make sure u can stay to at least 6 or sumthing like that). My truck and fit 7 altogether. Just pm me that u will need a ride and i'll pm u my number

Address:
Time: 11:30am
Dragons Den
2600 South Rd. (Rt. 9)
Poughkeepie, NY 12601
Phone: 845-471-1401

Now i understand pound 4 aint cheap and its the following weekend so:

Venue fee: $10 unless 20 ppl show up (including myself then it $5)

Singles: $5

Doubles: $5 per player

Rules For singles:
- 4 stock matches with an 8 minute time limit
- Items off
- Each set will be best 2 out of 3 except for winners, losers and grand finals which are best 3 out of 5
- no excessive stalling tactics (ex: jiggly's rising pound, peach bombing, etc)
- Ties will be broken by lives, then percentage. In the event of a percentage tie, both players will do a 1 stock match on the same stage with the same characters to determine winner.
- Wobbling is banned

Random Stage List:
- Fountain of Dreams
- Pokemon Stadium
- Dream Land 64
- Final Destination
- Battlefield
- Yoshi's Story

Counter Stage List:
- DK Island: Jungle Japes
- Mute City
- Poke Floats
- Corneria
- Brinstar
- Rainbow Cruise
- Kongo Jungle 64

All other stages are banned

Doubles Rules:
- Same as singles
- Life Stealing is allowed
- Team attack is set On

Random Stages:
- Pokemon Stadium
- Dream Land 64
- Final Destination
- Battlefield
- Yoshi's Story

Counterpick Stages:
- DK Island: Jungle Japes
- Poke Floats
- Corneria
- Brinstar
- Rainbow Cruise
- Kongo Jungle 64

All other stages are banned

Set Procedure:
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match
2. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for the entirety of the set
3. The first stage will be played at random from the Random Stage List
4. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Random Stage List or the Counter Stage List
4a. The loser may also agree to pick "Random" for the counterpick
5. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
6. The loser of the previous match chooses their character

**No player is allowed to choose the stage they just won on (unless both players agree)

I would like to get a list of ppl going so the store owners will no if i need more space. Then they can open up a room downstairs 4 us.

So far its:

T. Webb
Rykard
IcedTea
Cloudz
F8(if allied comes i'll get him to pick u up)
Bino
Sol
Ky
Phish It
Allied (maybe)
OTG(maybe)
Niko(maybe)
Mikeal(maybe)
and any1 else that otg can con into coming if he comes.

PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bring setups....i cant bring my tv but i can bring 2 wii's and a copy of smash.....and if any1 has a tourney organizer program on a laptop could u bring it plz. i would if i still had a laptop but if not sum1 with better experience than me help me make brackets

Just think of it as a warm up for pound NY

PK Webb

Smash Champion
I can't change it next available date is like march or late feb........the date stands.....plus its a free ride to the tourney for those who r taking a train to poughkeepsie

PK Webb

Smash Champion
:laugh:I told u my bribe pockets have no end....they Have more ammo than falcos blaster

Rykard

Smash Ace
Mike might come?? i thought you were only allowed to wreck me when i go to cornell. oh well, this should be pretty exciting to see if i have gotten any better. And trey, i think that i may need some bribe money to team with you. jk

Top Bottom