• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Weak reverse bair as a potential combo extender

it's Papa

Smash Apprentice
https://gfycat.com/FarawayDeterminedBedlingtonterrier

Here is something I pulled off in tournament last week that I don't really see anyone doing. I managed to connect the weak second reverse hitbox of bair, allowing me to continue a punish. Granted, while this didn't extend the combo in a true sense in this case, it set me up in a perfect position to punish the missed tech. At lower percentages/different stage positions this may allow for a true follow up. I think this has a lot of potential to be a useful tool for us, and I'd love to see people start experimenting with it.

-Sothe

Smash Cadet
I've explored this a little, and it works really well if you can get it. I've found by replacing fair/nair/uair with reverse bair, you can send your opponent at the most horizontal angle (they DI away for combo DI), allowing you to get a different set of followups. My favorite was a reverse bair to RAR bair in casual games. It can more generally follow up into a fair or dash attack, both of which will give good combo extension. In general, reverse bair, dash attack, and fair are the best combo extenders, with uair strings being my end goal, and for others is could be stage position or sending the opponent into an edgeguard position. It is definitely one of my favorite tools for comboing since it's so stylish. :)

redcometchar

Smash Journeyman
Thats intresting. I always used reverse bair to cover tech options. If you rar bair at an opponent who is about to tech you can cover every option. If its possible to combo out of it that would make ivys punish game really good.

Saproling

Smash Journeyman
I have explored this a little bit too but I have been too busy to ever go to since 3.5 tourny to see whats possible but im absolutely sure this can be implemented.

Top Bottom