• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

We still stand unnerfed!

Gryphon827

Smash Apprentice
For those unaware, v3.1.0 came out very recently. It was a balance patch in which pretty much all of the top tiers got nerfed into the ground. Well, all of them except Ike. By some miracle, we still have yet to be nerfed in any 3.X.X patch. Nair still has no landing lag after frame 15, Fsmash still kills at 50% by ledge, Aethercide still kills the opponent first and Counter still lasts for 24 frames. We've still got it, boys.

Arrei

Smash Lord
Because Nair's still all we've got. We already ate some nerfs coming from 4 with Fair, Bair, and Utilt, our smashes are still trash, our Counter is the slowest and one of the laggiest in the game on both miss and success. If they touch Nair at all Ike has nothing left except fishing for Ftilts and Bairs, so I don't feel like any nerfs are likely... but I still want the rest of his kit buffed.

Last edited:

DeDeDIke

Smash Apprentice
Maybe it's better he remain unchanged. That Nair is pretty useful, the most useful thing he has in his arsenal. And the aethercide still kills the opponent first. Buffing his other moves would be helpful too.

Arrei

Smash Lord
He's already dropping in tier lists, is he not? It'd be the same thing that happened in Smash 4. People flip their noodles over Ike getting one really good combo and then he falls off when they start to realize his shortcomings. Except now we don't even have our old Fair and Utilt kill power to fall back on.

Last edited:

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
Glad the whiners(I don't even play Ike and the ammount of "AAAA HOW DARE A CHARACTER HAVE A GOOD NAIR! CHEAP!" whining i see everywhere irritates me) haven't gotten you guys unjustly nerfed but.. it's a bit hasty to celebrate. Lie low before the devs take the axe to you next

Arrei

Smash Lord
I hope so much for Fair and Utilt to get their old kill power back... but I'm not going to expect it.

Top Bottom