• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

We need to do something...

LiL.Will

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZOMGitzWill
3DS FC
2208-5740-6357
Hello~

I feel that is Diddy Kong mains are really in at a HUGE plateau why? Our character is constantly considered very good yet we never seem to really show it in tournaments. So are we doing wrong or is Diddy not as great as we think?

My opinion is well...Diddy is great 1.0.8 was the only time I felt Diddy wasn't good at all because every aerial felt unsafe on shield and we had to play super defensive. Since the shield changes (yes it made that much of a difference) made him safe again and made his versatile playstyle (being able to switch up rushdown to defense on the fly) usable again. I feel that they're are MANY things us Diddy's even top Diddy's still do not do. I feel like we're stuck in the pre-patch days honestly as most of us are still trying to play that way nowadays only using his new kill confirms.

Yes we don't have an active mod but we can change this fourm with a mod or without one (I guess I'm finally getting impatient lol) by coming together and really breaking this character inside and out many of the MUs discussions we have are very back and forth (Fox MU is a great example)

So what's the point of this thread?
To weed all the Diddy players out who basically want to do the same thing I do...grow Diddy's meta!

Leave a comment in here on suggestions or ideas. Do not leave your findings in this thread though don't want it to be overlooked. They're some amazing posters here so I feel I need to rally all of you guys together so we can make the Diddy boards look great!

Thanks for reading this long ass post sorry about that lol

Sonicninja115

Experiment. Innovate. Improve.
Hello~

I feel that is Diddy Kong mains are really in at a HUGE plateau why? Our character is constantly considered very good yet we never seem to really show it in tournaments. So are we doing wrong or is Diddy not as great as we think?

My opinion is well...Diddy is great 1.0.8 was the only time I felt Diddy wasn't good at all because every aerial felt unsafe on shield and we had to play super defensive. Since the shield changes (yes it made that much of a difference) made him safe again and made his versatile playstyle (being able to switch up rushdown to defense on the fly) usable again. I feel that they're are MANY things us Diddy's even top Diddy's still do not do. I feel like we're stuck in the pre-patch days honestly as most of us are still trying to play that way nowadays only using his new kill confirms.

Yes we don't have an active mod but we can change this fourm with a mod or without one (I guess I'm finally getting impatient lol) by coming together and really breaking this character inside and out many of the MUs discussions we have are very back and forth (Fox MU is a great example)

So what's the point of this thread?
To weed all the Diddy players out who basically want to do the same thing I do...grow Diddy's meta!

Leave a comment in here on suggestions or ideas. Do not leave your findings in this thread though don't want it to be overlooked. They're some amazing posters here so I feel I need to rally all of you guys together so we can make the Diddy boards look great!

Thanks for reading this long *** post sorry about that lol
I can help, but I am still doing more Mewtwo labbing then Diddy. If there is anything that needs to be done, I can probably help, so just ask!

Lylo

Smash Cadet
NNID
Chompypy
3DS FC
0490-8557-3079
I wish we had real MU discussions at least.
Global stickied or separate thread, idc honestly

TingleZC

Smash Cadet
As with any character it is important that you all learn and perfect what you already have and know of.

Movement, Kill confirms, combos, what to do in certain situations, etc.

Then comes time for experimentation.

I think a good place to start is looking at underused moves in his move set and experimenting with movement / playstyles.

Matchups are also important.

Last edited:
Top Bottom