• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

We lost one of our own yesterday - In loving memory of Nnja

grayfox

Smash Champion
Very sad news, I had no idea what he was going through. He was hilarious, friendly and an all round great guy. Condolences to all that care for him.

EK

Smash Journeyman
I cant believe it he was a really nice guy who always had fun with everyone. I remember when we did go around and say random swedish and dutch words it was really fun

rhan

Smash Hero
In a span of 4 days this is the second smash related death I heard of...

RIP bro. :(

Quic

Smash Journeyman
My condolences Amsah.
Always completely mindboggling to see people go so young, ****.

MooseEatsBear

Smash Journeyman
I've never met Choco, but it really seems like he affected a lot of people. Rest in peace.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
My condolences. Its always terrible to see someone having to pass at such a young age.

Faab

Smash Ace
Rival, teammate, friend, brother. How things can change in life and take this all away. I will remember you for all this, but most importantly, i'll remember how you changed me from the nerd to the person i am today. I will honour you forever, choco 'simbad' malik.

Zgetto

Smash Ace
A litle guy with one of the biggest personalities i've ever met in life, a true loss for this world =/
You will never be forgotten, Rest in peace choco.

PB&J

Smash Hero
my brother suffered from a brain tumor for years so i have a small understanding of what he went through..ill pray for his family

sorry for your loss

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
it always sucks when we lose one of our players :(

RIP Choco

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
I heard about this from Johnnyboy this morning and I couldn't let it slide past.

I will always remember him as the funny little, attention-craving guy who I looked up to at tournaments. I never imagined something like this could happen so suddenly. My sincere condoleances go out to all the people related or close to Choco.

I hope you will rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.

Fox128

Smash Journeyman

AE just called me, I couldn't believe it. This is so sad. Why him?!

Ok.., for me, Choco was a very fun person to meet. Always had fun talking to him. He sometimes made fun of me because of my Austrian accent and always called me "Arnold" since then. I also learned some techniques playing him. And I still have to think of him, every time I happen to use the
"NINJA"
(Falco backthrow to backthrow,..)
And probably I also learned some things about life from him. (yes I did, I won't write it down though..)

... Man. Although I somewhat retired from Smash and haven't been to any Smash related events abroad lately (meaning: in the last two years or sth.), It's really unbelievable and sad, that I won't ever have the chance to meet him again. He really coloured things up, and he was probably the most fun and charismatic person of the whole Smash scene.

And as I was reading Amsah's request, I remembered I had a little something, and I've also uploaded it now:

Choco at RoS3 / Liseberg entrance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xIcHhkYq08

REST IN PEACE CHOKO! WE'LL NEVER FORGET YOU.

THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING YOU DID FOR US.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
This is sad. It seems to be happening more and more in the community. Times like this bring everyone closer in overtime. The way people unite in friendship and fun I would say this community is more like a family and It hurts just the same to find out a member has passed on.:(

RIP Nnja

UchihaJP

Smash Ace

And as I was reading Amsah's request, I remembered I had a little something, and I've also uploaded it now:

Choco at RoS3 / Liseberg entrance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xIcHhkYq08
/QUOTE]

Thank you so much for this!

I am desperately trying to find the vid where choco is putting like 10 meatballs in his mouth. hahaha
The vid was taken at the Rox4 tournament I think? It used to be on youtube, but it seems it got deleted.

If any1 still has the vid please let me know!!

Thanks so much.

drug_duck

Smash Rookie
I got to know him at Luma's and Milkman's tourney in Berlin in 2008 where he played me in LT and crushed my DK with his Luigi and I instantly recognised that he was an exceptional player... I think I read it before here that he had a brain tumor because I remember posting the above in the past... Anyway, I'm really shocked, why him?!? Condolences are also extended to his friends (Nihonjin and others) and to his family... For all of you it is best to keep a loving memory, he certainly wouldn't want you all to drown in tears...

Aldwyn McCloud

Smash Ace
This left me kind of speechless.. I had heard he had been affected by a serious cancer but would have never thought he'd end up dying because of it.. I opened a thread on our boards as well, in order to inform the rest of the Italians.

Me and Seretur in particular will miss him a lot. Although I never told anyone about this I often wondered what he'd be doing after his retirement. Never I would have imagined this. Not considering how cheerful he was. Apart from being a very skilled player, his presence really changed the mood of tournaments. Definitely one of the most important reasons to love those 06/07 moments.

Never I will forget the crew match at Helios' place before RoX4 in which me, him and Seretur were in the same crew. I actually chose him for how fun he was, let alone his skills. Nor his meatball challange, always from RoX4.

I feel sad every time I hear of a smasher's death, but in this case more than ever I think it was undeserved. Choco really was one of the most cheerful and full of life people I've ever met. Those who didn't get to know him should really regret it.

Rybaia

Smash Journeyman
I've never met him but actually I'm very sad.
Die at 22 for such a terrible disease is always unfair.
R.I.P. Choco

Dax

Smash Journeyman
Oh my god I really don't know what to say.
I still even have pictured an image of him with his face painted while sleeping at Ros3 or Rox4, can't remember exactly. We even did a photo without having him know about that, I remember this clearly.
I met him many times later and when I noticed that he was not attending tournaments anymore I just thought he had generally quit.
He was a really funny person, and to die at such age, that's just too cruel and unbelievable.
RIP

Kasper!

Smash Lord
i may be from the brawl side but who cares. From the sound of things you really impacted everyone around you with ure happy apporoach to life and ure smash skill.

YOU WILL BE MISSED REST IN PEACE MAN !

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
i may be from the brawl side but who cares. From the sound of things you really impacted everyone around you with ure happy apporoach to life and ure smash skill.

YOU WILL BE MISSED REST IN PEACE MAN !
Much respect to you. It just goes to show you that when it all comes down to it, both Melee players and Brawl players still know what's really important.

R.I.P.

Qlex

Smash Cadet
That guy was really cool. I remember when we faced in brackets in ESA2, he kicked my ***!

Good memories. Rest in peace, Choco.

ivootjes(nr18)

Smash Lord
I was so sad when i heard this, i hadn't seen him in a while, and i knew he was sick, but i didn't know it was this bad.

With Choco around, you just knew that you could laugh your *** off any moment, he did so much funny stuff all the time. Who doesn't remember him taking 30 stock of spain in a crewbattle? Who doesn't remember him banging a chick under a table in the sleeping hall at rox4? Who doesn't remember the meatball challenge that he easily won?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZlh1CKqsiU
Look at how much fun everyone is having

Choco was a real entertainer and a very nice guy too

RIP Choco :(

UnholyWeapon

Smash Apprentice
"And he will wipe out every tear from there eye, and death will be no more. Neither will mourning nor outcry be anymore, the former things will have passed away" Taken from revelation 21: 4

Lawrencelot

Smash Lord
Men are not created for death. Especially Choco; I remember him from my first and second tournament, he drew a lot of attention there, he really cheered up the whole tournament and made me realize that the smash scene is not a bunch of silent nerds playing a videogame. I won't forget him and I'll pray for his family and friends.

Exalador

Smash Lord
I remember meeting Choco at his own tournament, SotF. It was my first tournament in years and my first 'big' tournament. He already made a big impression on me there, but I didn't really get to know him... Over time I got to know him better, and he was one of most amazing people from the smashcommunity I ever knew, both as a player and a person...

The fondest memories are of RoX4, most definitly. I had so much fun there...

Ivo posted this on the Dutch forum already, but I feel it should be posted here as well, as I think it defines Choco really well... Always center-stage en up front:

Rest in peace Choco

Top Bottom