• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WE LIVIN' BIWEEKLIES: A New Jersey Melee... - November 2nd, 2013 - Bergenfield, New Jersey

Ryobeat

Smash Ace
eLivin' Biweeklies! Saturday, November 2nd! Hosted by IPlayFalcon and Ryobeat

VENUE
160 N Washington Ave, Bergenfield, New Jersey 07621

Join the event on Facebook as well! https://www.facebook.com/events/379164268883305/

Pictures of the venue can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.308587969275679.1073741824.190700707731073&type=3

Schedule

Venue Opens: 12:00 P.M.
Doubles Sign Ups Start: 12:00 P.M.
Doubles Start: 1:00 P.M.
Singles Sign Ups Start: 2:00 P.M.
Singles Start: 3:00 P.M.
Venue closes at 9:00 P.M.

Prices and Payout

Venue: 10$
Singles: 10$
Doubles(per person): $5
Payout will be
1) 60%
2)30%
3) 10%

The Melee Ruleset
*Credit to Brian Chung
Singles Stage List
Starters/Neutrals:

• Yoshi’s Story
  • Fountain of Dreams
  • Battlefield
  • Final Destination
  • Dream Land
Counterpick:
  • Pokemon Stadium
Doubles Stage List
Starters/Neutrals:
  • Yoshi’s Story
  • Pokemon Stadium
  • Battlefield
  • Final Destination
  • Dream Land
Counterpick:
  • DK 64
General Rules
  • Items are set to off.
  • Stock and Time are set to 4 stock and 8 minutes, respectively.
  • Wobbling is LEGAL.
  • Double Blind*: If elected.
  • Contest Port Priority*: If elected.
  • Neutral Start*: If elected.
  • DSR will be used*
  • Gentleman’s Clause*
  • Forced Character Selection*: Off
  • Matches that time out will be determined by the remaining number of lives, then percentage of the current stock. In the event of a percentage tie, the match should be replayed in full. Sudden Death is not to be played, and will not count.
Additional Rules for Teams Play
  • Team Attack: ON.
  • Life Stealing is allowed.
  • If the game is paused accidentally while attempting to steal a life, the opposing team may deem that life forfeit. Wait until the announcer has finished saying defeated before pressing start, or turn pause off prior to beginning the match.
How to Play a Set
  1. Players select their characters. Either player may elect to Double Blind.
  2. Use Stage Striking* to determine the first stage.
  3. The players play the first match of the set.
    Prior to starting this match, either player may elect to Contest Port Priority or Neutral Start.Note: Only one of these two may be used, as both have a built in Port Selection mechanism using RPS. If there is a situation where a player would like to change which option they elected after playing the game of RPS, it is the opponent’s choice to allow it. The results from the previously played game of RPS will carry over.
  4. Winning player of the preceding match bans a stage/stages (if applicable).
    For Best of 3 sets, each player gets 1 stage ban.
    For Best of 5 sets, there are no stage bans.
  5. The losing player of the preceding match picks a stage for the next match.
  6. The winning player of the preceding match may choose to change characters.
  7. The losing player of the preceding match may choose to change characters.
  8. The losing player of the preceding match gets first pick of port. Either player may elect for a
  9. Neutral Start, but RPS will not be played to determine first pick.
  10. The next match is played.
  11. Repeat Steps 4 through 9 for all subsequent matches until the set is complete.
Term Definitions
  • Double Blind: Either player may request that a double blind selection occur. In this situation, a 3rd party should be told, in secret, each of player’s choices for the first round. Both players are to then select their first round character, with the 3rd party validating that the character selected is the same as their word.
  • Contest Port Priority: If an agreement cannot be made as to who gets what port, the players may enact a best of 1 game of Rock Paper Scissors. Winner gets their port selection, loser selects any other port.
  • Neutral Start: Either player may enact this rule. Once enacted, both players may only use one of the two “Neutral Starting Positions”. A best of one game of Rock Paper Scissors may be used to determine who gets the higher port. If one player elects to Contest Port Priority and the other elects to Neutral Start, Neutral Start takes priority. Singles:
    Stage Port 1 Port 2 Port 3 Port 4 FD * *

FoD * *

YS * *

DL
    * BF

* * PS

Doubles:
    Stage Port 1 Port 2 Port 3 Port 4 FD Team A Team B Team A Team B PS Team A Team B Team B Team A BF Team A Team B Team B Team A YS Team A Team B Team B Team A DL Team A Team B Team B Team A
  • DSR: A player/team may not counterpick to the stage they last won on.
  • Gentleman’s Clause: Any stage may be played on if both players agree to it. This rule takes priority over DSR.
  • Forced Character Selection: The losing player once had the option to select Random Stage as their counterpick and remove the option to change characters from the winner of the previous round. This is no longer legal. If a player wishes to select Random Stage as their counterpick, the winner of the previous round may choose to change their character.
  • Stage Striking: Players eliminate stages from the Starter/Neutral list until there is one stage remaining.
    Players strike stages in this order: Strike Player 1 Player 2 Strike 1 *
    Strike 2
    * Strike 3
    * Strike 4
Unsure of how the tournament will be? Read the results threads and read words from the players who attended and there thoughts!

7/20/13 28 Entrants http://smashboards.com/threads/we-livin-weeklies-results-7-20-13.338867/

8/1713 20 Entrants http://smashboards.com/threads/we-livin-biweeklies-8-17-13.340079/

9/14/13 14 Entrantshttp://smashboards.com/threads/we-livin-biweeklies-results-9-14-13.340393/#post-15825955

We hope to see you there!

Note: Since this a brand new tournament and venue, we have no setups(CRTS nor Cubes). Please bring equipment to the venue to help out! If you are able to, confirm what you can bring in the comments and it will be listed here.

Confirmed items

1. Ryobeat(2 cubes+Melee+1 CRT)
2. Iplayfalcon (1 Full setup :Melee, Cube, and CRT)

Last edited:

Captain Smuckers

Smash Journeyman
I'll try very hard to make it to this, perhaps we could get 2 cars from westchester to go if I can get bred to drive. Too bad all of yonkers quit <_< (a nub doesn't count)
Anyway yeah, I hope people make it out to this despite the short notice

What's the westchester crew?
hello.

Edit: you're probably thinking of West Chester Pennsylvania, based on your location. I'm afraid he meant Westchester in New York =\. Also I go to Lancaster like twice a year (for pretty much no reason), cool to see that there are smashers there.

D

Deleted member

hello.

Edit: you're probably thinking of West Chester Pennsylvania, based on your location. I'm afraid he meant Westchester in New York =\. Also I go to Lancaster like twice a year (for pretty much no reason), cool to see that there are smashers there.

Darn. Well if you're ever in Lancaster send me a message or something if you want to play.

Boat Mode

Smash Journeyman
You should tag this Atlantic North, I seldom look for non-pinned tournaments w/o that tag. But uhh $5 venue fee is hype as ****.

Ryobeat, if Cheren and I can make it out there you should let me know if you want us to set up QTEQ.

Ryobeat

Smash Ace
Cool. QTEQ, I am gonna check with the owner and then get back to you.

Edit: Also guys, PLEASE bring some TVS/Cubes. TVS more than cubes.

pokemongeof

Smash Lord
Ok theres bad new and good news.

The bad news is that my vacation to Cooperstown for this weekend has been ultimitely cancelled :(

The Good News: Prepare for Pokemongeof (and Possibly MachWindEX) at We Livin this weekend!

Also I can bring a stream and a melee setup, but no CRT

Ryobeat

Smash Ace
Note: Winner Semi's will be a best of 5. Even though its a local, not many people would argue with more games :) Hopefully we learn from longer sets. Remember to bring your cubes, and I hope a bunch of teams enter. See you guys tomorrow!

DayBernal

Smash Rookie
Can you tell me the easiest way to get there?? I live in White Plains and I can take the train to grand central but then what?? haha. I might come but directions would be appreciated.

Jayk

Smash Apprentice
Shiiit only 20 minutes away. I can't go this week, but the week after I will.

Rykard

Smash Ace
Considering this since it is only a little over an hour away. It all depends on what the weekend plans for the 17th are though, which I can't say for sure until probably a couple days before

LLDL

Smash Hero
Damn ryo, I wanted to come and would have come to this could attend if this were the 18th, but I'm hosting an arcade game tournament at the arcade on the 17th =(

GU$

Smash Rookie
Might come to this if I don't have work if I come ill be bringing a full set up

Top Bottom