• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

We got some Wii U news

smb123w64gb

Smash Rookie
UPDATE:DO NOT UPDATE TO 5.5.1. If you have, Well looks like someone didn't test there exploit for it, And that one works..... So you can but id recommend not. Other Than that I have some videos to send your way soon.

Good News,
The Wii U is going to have a new exploit coming in the upcoming month, Please try to refrain from updating from 5.5.0 or below. This is were you can find updates on the new exploit. http://gbatemp.net/threads/hykems-5-5-iosu-exploit.406150/
If you need help with setting up your Wii U or cant wait and buy an older Wii U (5.3.2=<) follow this post
http://gbatemp.net/threads/the-definitive-guide-to-wii-u-hacking.396828/

Also soneek00 has been working hard on his script and has created more song slots Esp for stages like Midgar.

I have been working on some early custom skin... Elec Man over Mega Man
If you want even more proof. (This is an older Ver)

Oh and don't forget... I'll mostly post on Twitter. http://twitter.com/smb123w64gb
I've done all lot of model swaps lately but back into business of general sm4sh modding.

Last edited:

404House

Smash Cadet
This is some cool ****. If I read right, 5.5.1 and before works, but 5.5.1 isn't recommended while 5.5.0 and before works just fine? I'm a bit confused on what works and what doesn't, but that's alright.

Regardless, I can't wait for more stuff on this. Keep up the good work.

smb123w64gb

Smash Rookie
Well I can clear that yes 5.5.1 works fine... Its exactly the same as 5.5.0 but with an updated web browser. Mr rean ported Marionumberone 5.5.0 kernal and it worked fine. You can update for now. If you have a 5.4.0-5.3.2 you're in luck you can spoof yourself to 5.5.1

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
This certainly is looking really promising so far.

Hopefully Ninty won't drop us another system update before the final Smash DLC and Hykem's exploit. ^^

Sudoi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Blargbla

Hopefully Ninty won't drop us another system update before the final Smash DLC and Hykem's exploit. ^^
They will. They've done it before. Honestly I hope the exploit releases AFTER the DLC patch. Let us have out Corrin and Bayonetta damnit!

digiholic

Smash Ace
NNID
digiholic
Will the Wii U still be able to access network apps like Youtube or Netflix if it's not fully upgraded? I don't know if I'm already at 5.5.1 or not, but I've only really Netflix'd on it for the past few weeks.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599

considering how it's a given they are gonna patch this game due to the 8 player bug, they very well may axe the exploit too.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
considering how it's a given they are gonna patch this game due to the 8 player bug, they very well may axe the exploit too.
Well they will patch the game anyway so the final smash DLC can be added to the game, that's a given.

Though they will probably add another system update to the game again right before or on the final DLC too.....

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Ah so there is a thread for this! I follow your twitter, but I'm interested in following this thread as well! Your work is pretty good! Keep it up!

kantoskies

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kanto-skies
This is all amazing! I modded Brawl quite a bit and would love to do the same to Smash Wii U. Hopefully someone releases a tutorial though because otherwise I'm useless at doing it :s

Burruni

Smash Hero
It's a bit amazing that modding's getting these kinds of leaps barely over a year into the game's lifespan.
Here's hoping to things like Wario's missing colors, Jigglypuff's headband... and maybe "Project B" in the future. :p

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So I just made this. I just used the texture for the "cosmos beneath her gown".

I dunno if it's ready for in-game yet since I don't know the specifics. I want this texture to be animated, and I believe it is in Smash (a Source Filmmaker port of the model has it animated, at least). It is in Galaxy 2 anyway so I will have to figure that out. I just tried this out quickly, to have it ready.

Last edited:

Sudoi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Blargbla
Is the wii u still able access online like netflix and for glory
Right now, no. It requires kernel(?? I think?) access, which requires you to be on an outdated version. Nin's being a **** again, and limiting online to those who updated their FW.

Nikkechu

Smash Rookie
NNID
nikkechu
Right now, no. It requires kernel(?? I think?) access, which requires you to be on an outdated version. Nin's being a **** again, and limiting online to those who updated their FW.
okay thanks but can you remove kernel by removing the sd card or is it just always on the console after ones put in there (i only have a one wii u and dont wanna do anything bad to it)

Kirbycide20XX

Smash Rookie
Is character cloning possible yet?
I don't mean adding so much as, say making a pikachu clone and making pichu.

Sudoi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Blargbla
okay thanks but can you remove kernel by removing the sd card or is it just always on the console after ones put in there (i only have a one wii u and dont wanna do anything bad to it)
The kernel is not contained in your SD card, or Wii U drive (?? Correct me if I'm wrong). It's in a tiny piece of the Wii U, that acts as a ring 0 security measure. All code runsthrough the kernel, and it manages what happens. It's kinda like part of the system OS. (IOSU Control is more powerful I think tho). If we have Kernel Access, we can run any code inside of it (Hence the name Ring 0). Your games have a ring 3 security measure, they have the least permissions and can only run certain things.

smb123w64gb

Smash Rookie
Well to get online we have spoofing, this being if you have a Wii u 5.4.0 < you can get kernal access, To get kernal you goto a webpage that loads the code into memory so you can execute unsigned code. Wup installer is what we use to spoof via a official Nintendo update chunk like wads from Wii except this will permanently spoof your Wii u until an update. Its not to hard to host a webserver, there are people who host there own to share with others. I can play online perfectly of I don't mess with the parms to moveset or broken hitbox data on swaps. These would desync both players, else we have tested modded params online and got no desyncs with shared data in a friend room.

Top Bottom