• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WE DID IT!!!!!!

Dendros

Smash Apprentice
"Fans overseas wouldn't shut up about him so we put him in" -Sakurai

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Well, technically they did it. But yeah, super hyper for Ridley.

Quillion

Smash Hero
I'm certainly happy that they changed his proportions so that he would look recognizable but still work within Bowser-size limits.

I'd like to complain about the bipedalism, though.

Crainy

Smash Apprentice
I cannot adequality explain how happy this makes me! Dreams come true! Ive waited like 15 years or something for this :D

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
Guys...
I've been with you since the bloody wars on Pyrosphere. Looking back, it's silly how a full-out flame war was triggered over a single shadow. I first met you all as merely a simple detractor that used a basic idea on what makes a character worth putting in Smash.

My world was constantly rocked with every newcomer I thought would've never stood a chance, and I think that overstimulation had put me in the wrong path by blindly joining you guys... Except it didn't. You guys got me pulled into Metroid; I still remember buying Super Metroid because I wanted to see for myself what made fans out of all of you. Now I've got Fusion and Prime Trilogy under my belt, and Prime 4 will soon join me, as well.

I still remember that day Sakurai clarified that making Ridley playable was nigh-impossible, and remembering how crushed I felt...
Today, however, we celebrate Smash's ultimate victory.
Years -- maybe decades -- of passionate cheering for the cunning god of death, only to be responded with either hate from others, or the silence of Sakurai...

And it's finally over.

Even if I didn't agree with everyone's ideas, I can't ignore the fact that it's all thanks to each and every one of you for making the impossible possible.
Today, you proved the world once and for all that Ridley -- Samus' arch-nemesis -- is not too big.
Congratulations, pirates. ;)

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
I couldn't be happier. I've never been the person who got their number 1 in, now I can rest and just look forward to any more surprises. This is amazing!

Elin

Your face is strange... Is it always like that?
NNID
ShinySilverEevee
3DS FC
5301-1189-1305
Well, color me surprised. Yesterday I sarcastically joked to my sister that Master Chief had a better chance than Ridley after all the fiasco that happened during Smash 4.

And here I am, being proved wrong in the most embarrassing manner.

Congratulations Ridley supporters. You have finally won your battle after fifteen long years.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I liked that shoutout to the overseas fans a lot, really makes it feel like we made a difference.

Captain Hazama

Smash Ace
I never been so happy in my life. A character that everyone said that he will never be playable, is now playable. My god. This will be the best Smash in history. not just because of Ridley. But everyone who where once playable, is now back.

we diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiid itttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

So happy. RIdley is playable. And you know what. . .he's awesome!

Projectile
Commabd grab
etc

gonna be great
:061:

SS2000

Smash Apprentice
11:45 AM, June 12th, 2018.
The day "He's too big" died.

You have my condolences.

And thus was new meme born: "He's too small!" lol I've seen some folks complain he looks weird scaled down and that he should be at least something like 5 meters as opposed to 4 when standing straight up. That probably would've required scaling the max height bar -which is apparently set at Bowser's height- higher from the get go and design everything else around that. A scaled-down, hunched-over Ridley is the most I ever hoped for, and is pretty much what we got.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
*GOD*. If ever there was a metaphor for pure, COMPLETE catharsis, that ****ing AMAZING trailer was it.

As soon as I saw the environment, and then Samus' boot, it was ****ing over. After all this time. So goddamn happy.

Good job keeping up hope everyone! The day has finally come!

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
That was AWESOME!!!

I'm so happy that he finally made it! IT was this thread that really sold me on Ridleyh during Sm4sh speculation - I've ndver played a Metroid game in my life, but Ridley's been my #1 support because of this. So happy to be able to share this moment with you all.

And that one move he used against Link where he collapsed and then flew off? SO COOL!

Now to plan my vs. Giant Ridley events...

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
I still can't believe it. Ridley is playable. After all of the years, arguments, discussions, people literally laughing at the thought of Ridley being in the game, "HE'S TOO BIG", Pyrosphere shadow, Sakurai basically saying he was impossible to put in Smash...

RIDLEY IS FINALLY PLAYABLE AND I HAVEN'T STOPPED GRINNING SINCE. WE DID IT FELLAS. WE MADE IT.

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
I wanna go back in time 17 years and tell little me that June 12th 2018 is the day

What an epic reveal, I love you all. This Nintendo fan is happy, really really absurdly happy.

Shaboba

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-1760-9183-5135
Welp, I can safely say that I probably won't play as any other character now. He looks absolutely NUTS... could our Ridley actually wind up being top-tier?? Let's hope and pray.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I know, right??

So glad Daisy is in.

What're you guys talking about?

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
I'm so happy the Ridley supporters finally got their wish. I will most likely pick him up and try him out when I finally get the game. May end up as my secondary next to Wolf.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
So did anyone else notice Ridley's official art has him doing the boobs-and-butt pose?
Not implying Ridley ISN'T sexy, butt...

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
This is one of those weird things. He looks so UGLY...but it's so RIGHT! I love it! You can really see the Xenomorph motif here.

And Meta-Ridley as an alt costume? This is beyond cool.

They really weren't kidding when they called this one 'Ultimate'

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Alright. I had my doubts after he wasn't in Smash 4, but now, in Smash Ultimate we finally got our dude in.

I'm definitely gonna fight with him a lot.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
*tears of joy*

After all of these years

We finally won

The war has come to an end

2:32 change frodo to Ridley!!!

Gollum = shokio

The ring = he's too big for smash

Sauron and orcs = every single comment and meme involves the words "Ridley will not be playable"

Last edited:

Blue_Sword_Edge

Smash Lord
NNID
Blue_Sword_Edge
3DS FC
1633-5415-5386
Congrats to you Ridley guys. You guys deserve everything after all that happened. Now, I hope you guys have fun.

AuraWielder

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AuraWielder
3DS FC
2363-6821-1127
This is honestly amazing. After so long... Melee, Brawl, Smash 4, Smash 4 DLC... Ridley has finally become a genuine playable character.
I remember when I first got into the Metroid series. It was back in early 2015, when I had a Wii U and Nintendo was re-releasing the Metroid Prime Trilogy on the Wii U eShop for $10. I had also used Club Nintendo's closing (RIP) to get the Wii U version of Super Metroid as well. Together, Super Metroid and Prime 1 on Wii U made my first Metroid experience.
My interest in Metroid made me mildly support Ridley during SSB4, but I had more investment in Shulk from Xenoblade Chronicles at the time.
Funny.
Shulk was my #1 back for Smash 4, and he got it.
Ridley then became my #1 for Smash Switch, and against all odds... it happened.
Thanks for the ride, guys. And thanks to Vergeben. That leak gave Ridley fans hope that they haven't had in a long time.
To Ridley... I salute you.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
My reaction in a nutshell:
tumblr_inline_o80frq3cH71rsvzl8_500.gif

And Ridley looks like he'll be a broken character to play as (possibly the next Meta Knight/Bayonetta), but congrats to all the Daisy Ridley fans who wanted them in (see what I did there) :awesome:.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Glad for you guys!

Ya'll busted your asses over the years.

Glad it finally paid off.

ChrysanthosVice

Smash Cadet
So did anyone else notice Ridley's official art has him doing the boobs-and-butt pose?
Not implying Ridley ISN'T sexy, butt...
What makes Ridley sexy isn't that he's the oldest twink in the galaxy, it's when he punches a hole in your servos with his tail and breathes a mouth full of fireballs at you. That's what makes Ridley sexy.

Top Bottom