• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

We Can Do It! - The Female DLC Character Discussion and Support Thread

D

Deleted member

well if you're ever not sure just keep an eye out for the copyright notice on the title screen or on start up, im always looking at the notices for some reason
Ever since the SNK Leak tho...

D

Deleted member

I'm betting myself that we will be getting a Direct within the month. Animal Crossing isn't too far away...

zferolie

Smash Hero
Sign me up for this. I have been very vocal on wanting females(and not just because they are females), and I expect at least 1-2 female fighters in this fighters pass. I myself am banking on Shantae and Either Reimu, 2B, or someone else.

As for a direct, I feel like this week or next week we will get one.

Spongeboob

Smash Ace
A hot dog stand at the end of time and space
Switch FC
SW-5063-7952-1131
While I'm okay with anyone, I stand by my opinion. I disagree with wanting a character because /identity/, regardless of how you want to tokenize them (villain, girl, [insert genre here], etc.). It singles out that one singular trait of that character, completely glossing over everything else. Wanting a character that happens to be one or more of those "things" is, in my opinion, okay as long as it's not the reason why you want them. Anyways, while I'm doubtful they'll make it in, I still want Arle and think that Kat & Ana would be a neat idea.
sora's now owned by SE
Where's the source on this? I could've sworn it was Disney who owned him as said on the copyright stuff for Kingdom Hearts. There's also this quote from a while back.
"A lot of people are confused about who exactly owns Kingdom Hearts, but it's Disney - it's developed in partnership with Square-Enix."
Source: https://comicbook.com/2015/08/16/kingdom-hearts-comes-to-disney-infinity-at-d23-expo/
Byleth didn't count because the male is the default.
To claim that Byleth (or by extent Banjo & Kazooie) don't count as female fighters is a No True Scottsman argument. (It's like claiming Family Guy or Indiana Jones don't count as Disney since they didn't start off as Disney properties.) To claim that they're not 100% female, that would be a fair statement. I understand that some people here probably want a pure female fighter, but that doesn't make the argument any less fallacious.

D

Deleted member

To claim that Byleth (or by extent Banjo & Kazooie) don't count as female fighters is a No True Scottsman argument. (It's like claiming Family Guy or Indiana Jones don't count as Disney since they didn't start off as Disney properties.) To claim that they're not 100% female, that would be a fair statement. I understand that some people here probably want a pure female fighter, but that doesn't make the argument any less fallacious
Byleth counts for me. Even if she isn't a purely female, she can be either gender, so she's fine in my pass.

Sign me up for this. I have been very vocal on wanting females(and not just because they are females), and I expect at least 1-2 female fighters in this fighters pass. I myself am banking on Shantae and Either Reimu, 2B, or someone else.

As for a direct, I feel like this week or next week we will get one.
I just hope that Sakurai would take this provlem into consideration...

D

Deleted member

hang on, a what now?
It's more or less not giving credit to what we have and instead continue to demand.

Fem!Byleth is our true credited female rep so far, but the pass has yet to get a solo female rep, so...

AigisRen

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-8311-2361-6150
An obvious female character would be Impa. Dunno why she hasn't gotten in yet (Maybe too similar to Sheik?)

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
Sophitia Alexandra is my prime choice, then her sister Cassandra who could get in as an echo.

Chun-Li deserves to be in.

Inside Nintendo, I would like any of both Ashleys. Alexandra Rovias, Sabrina (aka Natsume) and Bea from Pokemon as themselves.

It is a pipe dream but I would like to see Ashei from Twilight Princess. Or even Saria.

Another pipe dream is Solange, while she has been mostly on Nintendo systems; the issue with Mai Shiranui is a no no.

Tifa would be good, but we already have Cloud.

Any of the female characters from Arms.

Lala from Lolo should be in either as an echo or skin. Similar case on Mrs. Pacman. Oh and another similar case, Jeanne from Bayonetta should be in.

Ayane from Dead Or Alive should be there.

We already got Castlevania reps; but I have always wanted Carrie Fernandez to be playable. Speaking on which, I always wished that from the Castlevania whip-user rep character, we could had gotten a case like the Koopalings as in having several Belmonts as skins, so Sonia Belmont could had been among them, though she is no longer canon.

Lip and Jill from Drill Dozer are long overdue.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
What about Dixie Kong? After Samus she's probably the biggest heroine of Nintendo, having had her own game and all and never being a damsel in distress. Anyone discussed her over here yet ?

Impa is yet another female character that should've been in since Smash 4.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
A 'No True Scotsman'... Its an appeal to purity... I can't really explain it... Sorry for getting in the middle of that conversation but you asked so...
It's more or less not giving credit to what we have and instead continue to demand.

Fem!Byleth is our true credited female rep so far, but the pass has yet to get a solo female rep, so...
ok, why Scotsman though?

zferolie

Smash Hero
Byleth counts for me. Even if she isn't a purely female, she can be either gender, so she's fine in my pass.

I just hope that Sakurai would take this provlem into consideration...
I would think there are plenty of female protags from big or important series that also have unique movesets.

An obvious female character would be Impa. Dunno why she hasn't gotten in yet (Maybe too similar to Sheik?)
I always thought she would be a perfect Shiek echo fighter, or luigi style "clone"

Seriously there are a ton of females in gaming that star in their games and have very unique movesets for smash

D

Deleted member

I would think there are plenty of female protags from big or important series that also have unique movesets
Of course there are tons. It's just that Sakurai's philosophy ends up picking the males first...

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
fp2, but it's all chicks.png

What would you guys say to this? 6 gaming women, all of whom have the potential to bring something unique to the game, and have legacy that is comparable to that of other characters. A bunch of honorable mentions to fans of characters who couldn't make it on this list, but they're the ones I first think of.

A Square-Enix girl to kick it off, Shantae gets the western fanbase hyped as heck, and either Arle or Sakura keep the Japanese hype going. Reimu and Ammy are a bit more niche, but have significance so they get in too. Last but not least is one of Nintendo's own leading ladies.

There's more than one candidate per category, because basically all of them fit their roles really well. The most expensive characters are probably either the Squeenix duo or SEGA duo, but I see it as easier and easier to work on them.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
View attachment 261045

What would you guys say to this? 6 gaming women, all of whom have the potential to bring something unique to the game, and have legacy that is comparable to that of other characters. A bunch of honorable mentions to fans of characters who couldn't make it on this list, but they're the ones I first think of.

A Square-Enix girl to kick it off, Shantae gets the western fanbase hyped as heck, and either Arle or Sakura keep the Japanese hype going. Reimu and Ammy are a bit more niche, but have significance so they get in too. Last but not least is one of Nintendo's own leading ladies.

There's more than one candidate per category, because basically all of them fit their roles really well. The most expensive characters are probably either the Squeenix duo or SEGA duo, but I see it as easier and easier to work on them.
Elma’s in there, I can’t possibly say no!

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
View attachment 261045

Looks great to me!

zferolie

Smash Hero
View attachment 261045

God i would love if that was the full pass. Ammy would be so unique as we only have 2 other 4 legged fighters. Shantae is a no brainer. 2b is the talk of the town. I think Arle as a puzzle games rep works good, and she wouldnt clash with Reimu design wise. Reimu is the top japanese indie and a bullet hell pick for sure. As for a nintendo leading lady... who is cross? Im blanking on her.

D

Deleted member

View attachment 261045

This looks cool, as I can say.

D

Deleted member

I just never evennheard of glitch theory or what it was about lol
TLDR: There's a 4chan post that states that the character will have similar properties to Bayonetta; he cited that there would be a glitch with Bayo regarding her Smash Attacks. Meanwhile this was proven true when CaptainZack tested Bayo out and turns out the glitch was real. He did call out some other stuff but...it's pretty vague because he might just piggyback off some stuff that was already datamined prior to the DLC release.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
TLDR: There's a 4chan post that states that the character will have similar properties to Bayonetta; he cited that there would be a glitch with Bayo regarding her Smash Attacks. Meanwhile this was proven true when CaptainZack tested Bayo out and turns out the glitch was real. He did call out some other stuff but...it's pretty vague because he might just piggyback off some stuff that was already datamined prior to the DLC release.
it has some precedent - Hero was supposedly built off Link and/or Mii Swordfighter and would make a "metallic sound" of a shield; Banjo's supposed base, Duck Hunt, had a save corrupting bug before Banjo was revealed; and supposedly Byleth used Simon/Richter for their long range attacks

D

Deleted member

it has some precedent - Hero was supposedly built off Link and/or Mii Swordfighter and would make a "metallic sound" of a shield; Banjo's supposed base, Duck Hunt, had a save corrupting bug before Banjo was revealed; and supposedly Byleth used Simon/Richter for their long range attacks
Thanks for the follow-up.

Either way, this could all be just contrived coincidences. Let's just wait until we get a Direct, then connect from here.

zferolie

Smash Hero
All interesting stuff. I wont put much base on it, but man i hope its true. Dont think shantae could fit woth Bayonettas body but both are very dancy...

D

Deleted member

All interesting stuff. I wont put much base on it, but man i hope its true. Dont think shantae could fit woth Bayonettas body but both are very dancy...
We're stil under the assumption that Spirits deconfirm so...that's already off the bat.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
We're stil under the assumption that Spirits deconfirm so...that's already off the bat.
imagine if the pass DID open with a Spirit promotion though, it would set the stage for more since Spirits would no longer deconfirm

we know Final Smash cameos don't anymore because Chrom, which gives some hope for Mecha-Fiora

D

Deleted member

imagine if the pass DID open with a Spirit promotion though, it would set the stage for more since Spirits would no longer deconfirm

we know Final Smash cameos don't anymore because Chrom, which gives some hope for Mecha-Fiora
I still think thats a silly assumption to make till sakurai confirms it. But thats just my feelings
Then again, even with the aforementioned theory, the identity of our first fighter is still anonymous at best. Or it could pass as a surprise since if we get a spirit promotion then it is going to be big for a TON of fanbases.

Top Bottom