• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

We Can Do It! - The Female DLC Character Discussion and Support Thread

Ornl

Smash Ace
Smash has only Bayonetta as a third-party 100% female Fighter.
FP2 has only one 100% male Fighter (Sephiroth).
These third-party female seem to be sidelined: Chun-Li · Female Hunter · Frisk · Koei Impa · Jill Valentine · Nakoruru · Shantae · Yuri Kozukata.

When Sephiroth appeared, he caused a concencus like: "ok, he's more important than these other JRPG reps and these other Squenix reps". To cause a similar consensus, at this level where there are only 2 places left, it's possible that a new 3rd-party female Fighter should be more important/viable than Chun-Li and Jill Valentine. Do you think there could be a next 3rd-party female rep in this pass ?

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Smash has only Bayonetta as a third-party 100% female Fighter.
FP2 has only one 100% male Fighter (Sephiroth).
These third-party female seem to be sidelined: Chun-Li · Female Hunter · Frisk · Koei Impa · Jill Valentine · Nakoruru · Shantae · Yuri Kozukata.

When Sephiroth appeared, he caused a concencus like: "ok, he's more important than these other JRPG reps and these other Squenix reps". To cause a similar consensus, at this level where there are only 2 places left, it's possible that a new 3rd-party female Fighter should be more important/viable than Chun-Li and Jill Valentine. Do you think there could be a next 3rd-party female rep in this pass ?
no

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Its pretty obvious why there are just much more interesting Male than Female Chars in Fiction (and this has nothing to do with Women being difficult to write theyre not)

The only ones that make sense are ahem
Lara Croft (problems her most iconic form is considerd Sexist even though she shoots the assumed male player in the second game)
Shantae (decent but still a bit obscure)
Mario females (we already have 3 of them so outside of Toadette who would be an alt they shouldnt add another)
Ac female (Isabelle was already a somewhat dumb choice regarding that you could also choose tom nook and he should be the third one)
Pokemon female ( pokemon are most of the time both male and female and there are no femalev trainers more deserving than Giovanni, Green/Blue (ya know the male rival), oak or protagonists who need to have a male and female version)
Zelda (to be fair impa should have been in since Meele but there arent a lot of othe female Zelda picks)
Kirby (has some female picks but first they should add Bandana Dee, Dark Matter and Magolor)
Other (Metroid should add a meztroid next in my opinion, f zero black shadow and Mother Porky)

So yeah Female Chars adding seems a little unecesary i already thought Mythra should have been Rex but i digress!

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Its pretty obvious why there are just much more interesting Male than Female Chars in Fiction (and this has nothing to do with Women being difficult to write theyre not)

Lara Croft (problems her most iconic form is considerd Sexist even though she shoots the assumed male player in the second game)
Mario females (we already have 3 of them so outside of Toadette who would be an alt they shouldnt add another)
Ac female (Isabelle was already a somewhat dumb choice regarding that you could also choose tom nook and he should be the third one)
Pokemon female ( pokemon are most of the time both male and female and there are no femalev trainers more deserving than Giovanni, Green/Blue (ya know the male rival), oak or protagonists who need to have a male and female version)
Zelda (to be fair impa should have been in since Meele but there arent a lot of othe female Zelda picks)
Kirby (has some female picks but first they should add Bandana Dee, Dark Matter and Magolor)
Other (Metroid should add a meztroid next in my opinion, f zero black shadow and Mother Porky)

So yeah Female Chars adding seems a little unecesary i already thought Mythra should have been Rex but i digress!
your arguments against these characters and how you seem only them as sensible are laughable.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Lara Croft's iconic form isnt considered sexist by most people
Mario has Pauline atleast
Cynthia is one of the most discussed specific Pokemon trainers I see for Smash.
Zelda has Mipha, Urbosa, Midna, and Lana and Tinkle from the Hyrule Warriors game.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Flaming/Harassment
Lara Croft's iconic form isnt considered sexist by most people
Mario has Pauline atleast
Cynthia is one of the most discussed specific Pokemon trainers I see for Smash.
Zelda has Mipha, Urbosa, Midna, and Lana and Tinkle from the Hyrule Warriors game.
1st. i guess but you mean the big chested one right because i was talking about this form
2. Yeah but mario has 8-16 Chars depending on how you count it Pauline just shopuldnt be in smash in the near future!
3. Still Oak, Giovanni, the rival and the Protagonists are more important
4. let me explain
Mipha: i guess but we need a Goron first
Urbosa: we really dont need a female gerudo because ganondorf is already in and some people want ganon aswell also i find her the most boring Champion (yeah revali would be more interesting but dont worry Medli should be in instead of him
Midna: Yeah she would be a nice char when Impa a villan and a goron is in she should be next (or an octorock theyre so cute)
Lana: Non canon uncreative spinoff Character shes a pretty genric white mage type even cia would be more interesting
Linkle: Shes literally a Link cosplayer with 2 Crossbows (its weird because in german theyre called cross breasts yeah really)!
considering all the cool versions of link existing that will never be in smash!
i dont think she should be in Ever
also you called her tinkle i mean Tingle would be awesome in smash but hes male

Oracle Link is well known for starting stupid **** up in the social thread so I wouldn't pay him much mind.
Yeah and you never listen when im trying to explain myself and because you insulted me **** Off!

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

Isabelle is dumb? The most popular character in one of Nintendo’s biggest series is dumb?

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Somewhat because tomnook was there since the first game (also he is a antagonist sorta)!
but isabelle is more popular and had been put on the smae level as tom nook. also being there from the start doesnt matter just ask pauline. and toom nook is not sorta an antagonist. if you think he is the real world may shock you.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Do you guys think we could get one more female rep or do you think Pyra & Mythra is it?

I'm honestly thinking that'll be and even if it is I'm pretty suttle with what we got.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Do you guys think we could get one more female rep or do you think Pyra & Mythra is it?

I'm honestly thinking that'll be and even if it is I'm pretty suttle with what we got.
I would love to get one more, though considering the trend from Nintendo, I'm not confident in the chances.
There was a chance to get another avatar character with the concert leak, but now that we got the MH mii costumes, that's most likely not a thing.

Who knows though, if they didn't care about the gender balance for the first pass, then maybe we could get more females too for this one, if it just happens like that.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

i think its possible but i wouldnt count on it. my instinct is that the next character will be less popular 3rd party character who is still widely recognized.

unfortunately i cant think of anyone off the top of my head

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom

I would personally be fine with another, but honestly I am not confident. Part of that is due to my personal predictions being one bigger third party at E3 in June and one that is smaller later. This is assuming we do not get any post pass or FP3 content, which right now I am not optimistic on us getting.

For big third parties to reveal at E3, I do not see us getting a female rep there. This is mainly due to most of the names that stick out to me are male or are from an already repped company. Lara Croft for instance, that is an E3 tier reveal. But she is a Square Character. My current pick right now for E3 is Crash, who could come with a Coco skin. But for E3, I am doubtful.

For 11 though, I see some angles. There are plenty of smaller third parties that could easily fit the bill for a female rep. Arle, Reimu, Amaterasu, you name it, there are some smaller series that fit that bill. I would say a real dark horse is Estelle Bright. Falcom makes a ton of sense and she would make sense. Ryza would also make a little sense but not as much.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I would personally be fine with another, but honestly I am not confident. Part of that is due to my personal predictions being one bigger third party at E3 in June and one that is smaller later. This is assuming we do not get any post pass or FP3 content, which right now I am not optimistic on us getting.

For big third parties to reveal at E3, I do not see us getting a female rep there. This is mainly due to most of the names that stick out to me are male or are from an already repped company. Lara Croft for instance, that is an E3 tier reveal. But she is a Square Character. My current pick right now for E3 is Crash, who could come with a Coco skin. But for E3, I am doubtful.

For 11 though, I see some angles. There are plenty of smaller third parties that could easily fit the bill for a female rep. Arle, Reimu, Amaterasu, you name it, there are some smaller series that fit that bill. I would say a real dark horse is Estelle Bright. Falcom makes a ton of sense and she would make sense. Ryza would also make a little sense but not as much.
Where did you find that avatar and do you have a link to the full thing?

silenthunder

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
0490-6839-9144
what different race representation? Shante and Elma. We still don't have a single black character in smash aside from pallet swaps.

Last edited:

Oracle Link

Smash Master
what different race representation? Shante and Elma. We still don't have a single black character in smash aside from pallet swaps.
yes we have Ganondorf is technicly Black also neither Elma or Shantae are really black theyre more Brown i mean we have a lot of Brown and Black Chars in the game so the color is technicly there just not the representation!
Also wasnt elma from Xenobladfe we already have 3 Xenoblade Characters we don t need more right now dont you think!

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
yes we have Ganondorf is technicly Black also neither Elma or Shantae are really black theyre more Brown i mean we have a lot of Brown and Black Chars in the game so the color is technicly there just not the representation!
Also wasnt elma from Xenobladfe we already have 3 Xenoblade Characters we don t need more right now dont you think!
i think ganondorf is closer to middle eastern rather than black

DynoStretch

Smash Cadet
As far as female characters go, my top most wanted is Shantae. The series has a lot of wacky charm that would fit perfectly into Smash. I also love her character and her transformation mechanic, as well as the Metroidvania style of gameplay with unique abilities. The only thing going against her is she's an indy character these days, and I imagine would more likely end up as a Mii costume at best.

In terms for more realistic choices, I could see Ayumi Tachibana from Famicom Detective Club. I recall Sakurai mentioning that he wanted her in Melee but didn't have the time to include her. With the remakes on the way this spring it feels like a good opportunity to give her a second chance.

And then there's Arle from Puyo Puyo. The franchise is very popular in Japan and it seems both Nintendo and Sega are pushing it in the west quite a bit. Having her combine magic with puyo popping as a mechanic would give her some wacky but fun variety.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Last edited:
Top Bottom