• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

We Can Do It! - The Female DLC Character Discussion and Support Thread

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'd say we could get our first double-character Amiibo since they're thin and whatnot, but their feet are too far apart even in the render that has their arms linked. And they also have different fighter numbers
Officially it's two renders that are designed to be on top of each other to look like one.

You can see 'em separate, yeah.

They're two separate fighters, not alts, and knowing that their renders are not hard linked, it'll be a single large amiibo or two. I'm guessing two.

Also, first time on this thread. Though I need a new username, which I plan to use a female one. Anyway, these are really cool choices, and I'm glad to see Transformation characters are plausible again~

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Officially it's two renders that are designed to be on top of each other to look like one.

You can see 'em separate, yeah.

They're two separate fighters, not alts, and knowing that their renders are not hard linked, it'll be a single large amiibo or two. I'm guessing two.

Also, first time on this thread. Though I need a new username, which I plan to use a female one. Anyway, these are really cool choices, and I'm glad to see Transformation characters are plausible again~
Aegis bagel?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Aegis bagel?
Hah, no. It's not a Xenoblade Chronicles idea. They all are unique.

I've got;
White-Haired Pretty Girl(Shannon from Quest 64)
Elizabeth(an OC dragon girl)
Verde(another OC dragon girl, but more humanized)
Wyvy Phoenix Mode(a dragon boy who has phoenix abilities now, though this one is on my mind now)

I actually didn't think of any swordmistresses yet that could work. Though I guess Bumba Shoot Knight if I didn't use her yet. She's the daughter of a knight and a gremlin, having traits of both. She has a literal sun for a face, even. XD In this case, more Quest 64 OC's.

super88cloud

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
Sw-1747-1648-3976
Congrats! You´ve gotten two female chars in this dlc pass, or four if you want to count alex of minecraft and mythra as separate.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
id go with that one if i were you
Once I get the recolor done, sure~

Might not be the final name, though. But it's more accurate, since he's a Red Wyvern. A cute one, but still one.

Basically from a dragon to a more phoenix-like form.

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
The bigger question is how the Sephiroth Amiibo is going to work with that long *** sword of his. That could poke someone's eye out lol!
I mean, they allowed that wretched Bowser amiibo to get made, and stepping on that thing barefoot hurts to a degree that not even Legos could match. So Sephiroth shouldn't be a problem.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
what is this from?
It's an OC.

Red Wyvern is a Quest 64 Monster. I made an OC called Wyvy. Wyvy has a human form. Both OC's and recolors of others. A dragon boy and a phoenix boy(which Red Wyvern evolves into Red Wyvern - Phoenix Mode).

Basically tons of fanfiction stuff, as I won't go into details since it's way off-topic. Though I will note that the specific fanfction(it's based upon Power Rangers) has the first 6 rangers split between male and female, and there's a lot of female rangers and characters too~)

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
It's an OC.

Red Wyvern is a Quest 64 Monster. I made an OC called Wyvy. Wyvy has a human form. Both OC's and recolors of others. A dragon boy and a phoenix boy(which Red Wyvern evolves into Red Wyvern - Phoenix Mode).

Basically tons of fanfiction stuff, as I won't go into details since it's way off-topic. Though I will note that the specific fanfction(it's based upon Power Rangers) has the first 6 rangers split between male and female, and there's a lot of female rangers and characters too~)
ah right

toonito

Smash Ace
interesting to note that in FP2 sephiroth is the only pure male fighter so far. We've had :ultminmin , Alex (alt), and now Pyra/Mythra as a transformation character

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Last edited by a moderator:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Something tells me I don’t want to know what child challenge is
the whole thing is the 'challenge'. It's just a sarcastic way to say she'd like if people didn't get horny on them n stuff. (bad example for kids)

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
I think most of the ones being weird are the kids, but obviously not only. HBox just took down his 'analysis' video because he was told it was very objectifying to women.

I'm on both camps because it was funny but I also felt a bit sad that the focus was there when they're just awesome characters/designs in general.

Wait... what? How is a moveset analysis objectifying women?

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
It seems Lesley's boycott of Pass 1 worked. Pass 2 is 3 for 4.
Edit: Lol. I just noticed that my post had 1, 2, 3, and 4 in order.
Unintentional, but very aesthetic.

Last edited:

Aeon_Shadow

Smash Journeyman
SO happy for more female fighters (not one, but two this time around) especially when my worry was that Elma (who I still want) would be snubbed for Rex simply cause the latter's more popular and is the main protag of his game. I feel if it was Rex, that would have been a major salt on the wound right there. While I do still want Elma, I'm happy for Pyra/Mythra's inclusion as they look so damn flashy/interesting in terms of their presentation. It also subverts what everyone expected in that they'd be support for Rex but instead they just cut the middle-man and made them the fighters instead.

Damn it is it wrong for me to admit I kind off want/hope for more franchises to pull a Min Min/Pyra & Mythra when it comes to their cast? I can think of SO many franchises where the lead protag is just another generic-looking/acting shounen male protag yet many of the supporting cast members (especially the female ones) are SO much cooler than them and have more personality/impact in their series but get passed off simply cause they're not the protags.

Not to mention some of my wants come from fighting games and I would be ecstatic if they were chosen instead.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
At this point, I'm rather satisfied with the female representation we've gotten. If we do get at least one more it's icing on cake.

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
At this point, I'm rather satisfied with the female representation we've gotten. If we do get at least one more it's icing on cake.
The roster only has 13 characters who are 100% female, and I was generous and included Puff in my count. And only an additional 10 when counting those who can be played via alts. Still disproportionately few if you ask me.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
The roster only has 13 characters who are 100% female, and I was generous and included Puff in my count. And only an additional 10 when counting those who can be played via alts. Still disproportionately few if you ask me.
:ultbayonetta::ultinkling::ultisabelle::ultjigglypuff::ultlucina::ultminmin:ultpalutena::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultrosalina::ultsamus::ultdarksamus::ultsheik::ultwiifittrainer::ultzelda::ultzss:Prya, Mythra

18 actually. 16 if you don't count separate.

Last edited:

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
:ultbayonetta::ultinkling::ultisabelle::ultjigglypuff::ultlucina::ultminmin:ultpalutena::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultrosalina::ultsamus::ultdarksamus::ultsheik::ultwiifittrainer::ultzelda::ultzss:Prya, Mythra

I've heard :ultdarksamus: is more of an it. An alien entity possessing a suit iirc. I said 100% female, though I forgot to count Pyra and Mythra as they weren't on the image I used (cuz it was up to Sephiroth). :ultinkling: and :ultwiifittrainer: I included in my additional 10, because they have male alts.

So, for 100% female, it's :ultbayonetta::ultisabelle::ultjigglypuff::ultlucina::ultminmin:ultpalutena::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultrosalina::ultsamus::ultsheik::ultzelda::ultzss:, which is 13.

Pyra & Mythra will make 15.

:ultwendy::ultbylethf::ultcorrinf::ulticeclimbers: (Nana) :ultgunner::ultpokemontrainerf::ultrobinf::ultwiifittrainer::ultinkling::ultsteve: (Alex) makes 10, for characters who can be female through alts. I realized if I'm counting :ultgunner: as can be female, I should count :ultswordfighter: and :ultbrawler: too. And had forgotten :ultvillagerf:.

That's 28 characters. Not terrible, but since women are roughly 50% of the world's population, should be closer to 40, ya dig?

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I don't count echos for much. They're not unique characters, though it's nice to have them. I have trouble counting Isabelle as unique too.

So yeah, in the end there aren't all that many unique female characters.

Which is why Pyra and Mythra are so welcomed :)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

Jigglypuff seems to be feminine, but isn't ever called female. Dark Samus is actually called female(so it has no sex, but has a clear gender she adheres to).

Koopalings/alts don't count nearly as much, mind you. But they can if you want. Pyra and Mythra are treated as separate characters sharing the same slot. So not alts. Alex is a little more debatable, but she actually is listed as a seperate character on the site. Byleth's female alt is treated as special too, having a different name. But, well, it feels it's not that notable. Kazooie is like a half character and kind of counts. Just not a solo female playable character(a bit different from alts).

Inkling and Wii Fit Trainer are just luckily the first alt, but they're not actually really different from other alt characters. I'd count them as both, so as to not play favorites.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
The Prime games themselves refer to Dark Samus with female pronouns.

This sort of debate never really started to surface until she joined Smash. Which shows there's a lot of folks unfamiliar with the character in her home series.

Ornl

Smash Ace
Looking at recent 1st-party Fighters, it appears Nintendo was very concerned about female representation since Sm4sh.
:ultvillagerf::ultwiifittrainer::ultrosalina::ultlittlemac::ultgreninja::ultpalutena::ultrobinf::ultshulk::ultwendy::ultduckhunt::ultdarkpit::ultcorrinf::ultinkling::ultridley::ultkrool::ultisabelle::ultincineroar::ultdarksamus::ultdaisy::ultchrom::ultpiranha::ultbylethf::ultminmin[Pyra][Mythra]
• 16/25 include male rep.
• 15/25 include female rep.
• 11/25 include toon rep (without manga-style and with Mario rep).
Thanks Nintendo.

This is all very different about 3rd-party Fighters, we already know.
:ultsnake::ultsonic::ultmegaman::ultpacman::ultryu::ultken::ultcloud::ultbayonetta::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultjoker::ulthero::ultbanjokazooie::ult_terry::ultsteve::ultsephiroth:
• 15/16 include male rep.
• 03/16 include female rep. I still hope for a 4th rep.
• 05/16 include toon rep. I still hope for a 6th rep.

KingofUSA85

Smash Journeyman
In My opinion the Top 6 most likely Female characters to date are.

1. Chun-Li (Street Fighter)
2. Toadette (In the form of an Alt for Captain Toad)
3. Reimu Hakurei (Touhou)
4. Ayumi Tachibana (Famicom Detective Club)
5. Shantae (Shantae)
6. Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo)

Top Bottom