• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

We Can Do It! - The Female DLC Character Discussion and Support Thread

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
An interesting question for the thread.

Chun-Li, Dixie Kong, Velvet Crowe, and Lucina for me.
An interesting question for the thread.

Chun-Li, Dixie Kong, Velvet Crowe, and Lucina for me.
Aloy
Dixie Kong
Jade
Samus

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Thought this should be posted here. Hopefully we can get some female Capcom characters in Smash one day.

Unrelated to Smash but I wanted to post this magnificent art. Female characters from Capcom.

Last edited:

Lenidem

Smash Lord
It's a bit wierd to see the male Mii gunner and brawler after all these women.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
It's a bit wierd to see the male Mii gunner and brawler after all these women.
I think you mean male swordfighter and brawler, but yeah, I guess its cause we technically don't have any high quality artwork renders of female Mii Swordfighters or Brawlers (or Male Gunners), at least not that I know of, on the level of the other alt genders for some reason.

missing the Octoling, but other than that perfect 👌
I think the artist was trying to keep all the series counts the same (aside from franchises that were only represented by males, which I guess had to be replaced with brand new franchises), but yeah, I would definitely see the Octoling on here without that rule. That's also probably why we don't have Lara Croft or Jill Valentine on here.

Last edited:

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
Last edited:

Lenidem

Smash Lord
I think you mean male swordfighter and brawler, but yeah, I guess its cause we technically don't have any high quality artwork renders of female Mii Swordfighters or Brawlers (or Male Gunners), at least not that I know of, on the level of the other alt genders for some reason.

I think the artist was trying to keep all the series counts the same (aside from franchises that were only represented by males, which I guess had to be replaced with brand new franchises), but yeah, I would definitely see the Octoling on here without that rule. That's also probably why we don't have Lara Croft or Jill Valentine on here.
Oops! Of course, I meant swordfighter and brawler.

I must admit there are a bunch of characters here that I don't know, but I like those I recognize.

No one has ever done a "Super Smash Sis" roster with just a gender swap? Meaning, just switching the number of males and females?

Dorayaki

Smash Journeyman
Uhm.... I don't know?

You may say it's cool to have three girls in a row for DLCs, but I still feel it's too late to have a girl skin considering too many good chances were wasted (best chance would had been six in a row).

Still I get Minecraft avatars have the simplest skin set out of all fightes, it's hard to compare to most cases.

Last edited:

zipzapsparkle

Smash Journeyman
Do you think Lara Croft will make it it as one of the 4 newcomers left? There’s a lot of gaming icons in Smash, and she’s one of the few left.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Do you think Lara Croft will make it it as one of the 4 newcomers left? There’s a lot of gaming icons in Smash, and she’s one of the few left.
She's to Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest for Square Enix in line as Mario, Pokemon and The Legend of Zelda are to Nintendo, if Square Enix does get another rep, it'll be her.

CHAMPIONX9

Smash Journeyman
Prediction.jpg

This was my prediction for the fighters pass based on research. I think 2b is less likely now, but you never know what's in the works.

*It's steve and alex, but I was using a template when making this

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
This was my prediction for the fighters pass based on research. I think 2b is less likely now, but you never know what's in the works.

It has 2B, and Master Chief so I'd be down for this pass.

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
View attachment 288469

So assuming we count alts like Alex and the BOTW character is Zelda, Impa, Mipha, or Urbosa, Master Chief would technically be the only fully male character in the pass.

Unless.....

Last edited:

volbound1700

Smash Master
I don't really understand the push for female reps. Half the reps are not even human (or more than half).

However, there are two major female characters that I am surprised don't come up more often in discussions:

1. Lora Croft
2. Jill Valentine

Both are epic female video game representatives.

Personally, I think we also need two major platforming characters that I cannot understand why they are not in Smash: Crash and Rayman.

Last edited:

Lyncario

Smash Ace
I don't really understand the push for female reps. Half the reps are not even human (or more than half).

However, there are two major female characters that I am surprised don't come up more often in discussions:

1. Lora Croft
2. Jill Valentine

Personally, I think we also need two major platforming characters that I cannot understand why they are not in Smash: Crash and Rayman.
Jill doesn't really come up anymore due to how Resident Evil got a spirit post launch, which basicaly kills it's chances to get a character. Before that, her and Leon Kennedy were frontrunners in speculation for an RE rep tho.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Jill doesn't really come up anymore due to how Resident Evil got a spirit post launch, which basicaly kills it's chances to get a character. Before that, her and Leon Kennedy were frontrunners in speculation for an RE rep tho.
Between the two, Jill would be the better rep for Resident Evil. As weird as this sounds, Alice from the movies is probably more well-known than any RE character and she isn't even in the games. Jill would be a great bridge for fans of the games and movies.

ZevBenjamin

Smash Apprentice
I bet we get one more female DLC at the end of Fighter's pass 2.
Whom willit be D:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
So curious question to all female supporters including myself.

Who are your most wants? Mine are 2B, Amaterasu, Elma, and Lara Croft. And though not supporting her Dixie more then earns her spot being among the missing Nintendo all-stars.
Yae
Krystal
Dixie Kong
Tron Bonne
Shantae
Risky Boots
Chun-Li
Elma
KOS-MOS
Medusa
Viridi
Mach Rider
Ayumi Tachibana
Impa
Captain Syrup
Mona

Last edited:

Darkerik

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-0563-4902-5513
Between the two, Jill would be the better rep for Resident Evil. As weird as this sounds, Alice from the movies is probably more well-known than any RE character and she isn't even in the games. Jill would be a great bridge for fans of the games and movies.
Personally I rather Leon S. Kennedy as rep than Jill, because resident evil 4 was a huge boom in the GameCube era and exclusive for some period, this helped both companies to have high sales. Jill was more in Playstation era... But honestly I'm fine with any of these. And yes, before the spirit event there were some rumors about Jill or Leon in smash as character

Last edited:

volbound1700

Smash Master
Personally I rather Leon S. Kennedy as rep than Jill, because resident evil 4 was a huge boom in the GameCube era and exclusive for some period, this helped both companies to have high sales. Jill was more in Playstation era... But honestly I'm fine with any of these. And yes, before the spirit event there were some rumors about Jill or Leon in smash as character
You just summed it up right that. No one bought the Gamecube (Granted, I am exaggerating with that comment as I even owned one but it was definitely in the shadow of the PS2 and Xbox).

CHAMPIONX9

Smash Journeyman
I don't really understand the push for female reps.
Idk what other people think, but my cousin, who plays playstation and not nintendo, didn't really know the characters, so she gravitated towards picking girls. This was in brawl so Zero suit, and Zelda specifically. She also chose mostly girls during games like mortal combat and virtua fighter.
It's a subjective preference.

zipzapsparkle

Smash Journeyman

1. Lora Croft
2. Jill Valentine

Look at the 3rd party roster they’re all gaming icons, and most are male except for Bayonetta. Lara Croft would fit right in because she’s also a gaming icon and she’s even more successful than a lot of them too.

Smash is supposed to be a celebration of gaming, and she’s an important part of gaming history. So it’s weird that the most successful female isn’t in the lineup yet.

Top Bottom