• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

We Can Do It! - The Female DLC Character Discussion and Support Thread

zferolie

Smash Hero
I'm not sure if this is technically the right place for it, but why is Corrin's default skin Male? Typically Corrin is represented as Female in most FE media. Makes no sense to me.
I wish it was the female as the main, but probably this was decided before they learned how popular Female corrin was

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I'm not sure if this is technically the right place for it, but why is Corrin's default skin Male? Typically Corrin is represented as Female in most FE media. Makes no sense to me.
well not everything makes sense in smash, look at bowser

DOTBHDD

Smash Journeyman
We technically never got a 1st party retro representing a new series. While it's very unlikely it would happen, I think Lip would be a really fun addition. She's also a good option for younger female players to enjoy. Not to say Zero Suit Samus, Palutena, or Bayonetta are bad for younger girls. But a flower fairy would be a good alternative option.

Last edited:

Lyncario

Smash Ace
You guys know Sora and Xion from Kingdom Hearts? Say Xion was Sora’s Echo Fighter. Would you rather her main outfit was her black coat with the KH3 design as an alt, or vice versa?
I mean, the black coat is far more iconic, but I like her KH3 design too much to not have it as base.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
You guys know Sora and Xion from Kingdom Hearts? Say Xion was Sora’s Echo Fighter. Would you rather her main outfit was her black coat with the KH3 design as an alt, or vice versa?
how many threads have you asked this in?

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Look at Bowser what? Everything almost seems perfect about him in Smash except his voice which isn't the same one used in the mainline Mario games.
his mannerisms and animations dont fit right either, they all feel more like the feral beast sakurai mistook him for on the nes rather than how he is

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
his mannerisms and animations dont fit right either, they all feel more like the feral beast sakurai mistook him for on the nes rather than how he is
To be fair, not all of a character's moves have to originate from their games. It's most important that their Specials, Smash Attacks, and Final Smash are references to their games but their air attacks and grabs are exceptions I believe they can do whatever they what in that department. Animations isn't a big issue either in my opinion if the appearance of the character is true to their appearance from their games.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
To be fair, not all of a character's moves have to originate from their games. It's most important that their Specials, Smash Attacks, and Final Smash are references to their games but their air attacks and grabs are exceptions I believe they can do whatever they what in that department. Animations isn't a big issue either in my opinion if the appearance of the character is true to their appearance from their games.
maybe it’s just me, but something about him just doesn’t seem right beyond the voice

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Fogbadge is right about Bowser, even beyond his voice, he's off in Smash. Look at his taunts, his roar is fine (if they fix the roar itself) but you have his weird hop on one foot thing that is so bad and doesn't fit his regular personality or his Smash personality. And the other one is him just biting in the air, which is way too feral.

Nothing shows his true personality, there's nothing goofy, except for the one taunt that's too goofy. There's nothing smug, where's his Bwa Ha Ha laughter. They don't even show his temper very well. Let him stop his feet or something. Let him clench his fist, grumble or something.

His smash appearance is just weird

Spongeboob

Smash Ace
A hot dog stand at the end of time and space
Switch FC
SW-5063-7952-1131
Imma put my crusade against feminism aside for a minute and make up a little game. Suppose you're given the chance to play god of the Smash roster and you get to add as many females as you want. However, there's a catch to this: you've got to add a male for each female that you add. In this case, who would you add, and why? (NOTE: Potential duo fighters count as 1 fighter.)
1569618414003m.jpg
  • Arle Nadja (PuyoPuyo) + Dante (Devil May Cry)
  • Kat & Ana (WarioWare) + Rex & Pyra (Xenoblade Chronicles)
  • Caeda (Fire Emblem) + Doomguy (DOOM)
  • Gruntilda Winkibunion (Banjo-Kazooie) + Quote (Cave Story)

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
With one exception I'll have the male character from the same series (if not necessarily the same game)

Claire Redfield - Leon Kennedy
Jill Valentine - Chris Redfield
Chun-Li - Guile
Blaze the Cat - Tails
Impa - Vaati
Terra Branford - Vivi
Dixie Kong - Cranky Kong

And then Amaterasu with the accompanying male character being Rayman.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Imma put my crusade against feminism aside for a minute and make up a little game. Suppose you're given the chance to play god of the Smash roster and you get to add as many females as you want. However, there's a catch to this: you've got to add a male for each female that you add. In this case, who would you add, and why? (NOTE: Potential duo fighters count as 1 fighter.)
View attachment 271915
-Caeda (replaces Chrom) and Claude (replaces Byleth)
-Adeleine (and Ribbon) and Bandana Dee

D

Deleted member

View attachment 271915
I'mma do this AFTER I reset teh roster. Then I'll talk.

Any problem you have with feminism?

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Part of the reason I became an FE fan in the first place was to mitigate the salt from Smash reveals haha
I tried to do this..
playing the FE games just made me less interested.

But I do have 3houses, so I am still giving it a go.

THAT'S how big of a fan (idiot) I am of Smash bros. I'll buy games I actively think I wont enjoy from a franchise I dont usually enjoy.

toonito

Smash Ace
View attachment 271915
Xion + Sora (Kingdom Hearts)
Bea (Pokemon Sword/Shield) + Parappa the Rapper
Tifa (Final Fantasy VII) + Vivi (FFIX)
Chun-Li + Guile (Street Fighter)
Morrigan + Demitri (Darkstalkers)
Jill Valentine + Leon Kennedy (Resident Evil)
Roll + Zero (MegaMan)
Athena Asamiya (Psycho Soldier) + Kyo Kusanagi (King of Fighters)
Elma + Rex/Pyra (Xenoblade Chronicles)
Nakoruru + Haohmaru (Samurai Showdown)
Lara Croft (Tomb Raider) + Sol Badguy (Guilty Gear)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I tried to do this..
playing the FE games just made me less interested.

But I do have 3houses, so I am still giving it a go.

THAT'S how big of a fan (idiot) I am of Smash bros. I'll buy games I actively think I wont enjoy from a franchise I dont usually enjoy.
Interesting.

Hell, I remembered playing Blazing Blade 5 years back before I knew abything about the series itself.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Speaking of female characters-

I do wish we had a Magical Girl archetype.

Top Bottom