• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

We Can Do It! - The Female DLC Character Discussion and Support Thread

Lyncario

Smash Ace
i would axe Roy, Corrin, and Byleth just for some other characters.
Personaly, I wouldn't cut Byleth. Though I would cut Chrom or Lucina, and make them alts of each others (because it's a plot point in Awakening that they have the same fighting style). I would absolutely add Lyn.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
hello lesley, i like to ask you a question, fire emblem might already have enough fighters but i feel some female represents such as Tiki(as a playable character), Anna, Micaiah, Elincia or Caeda, and Morgan have some potential in one way or another to be added into smash.

What do you think?
It's crazy. In terms of Fire Emblem, every F.E. girl you've mentioned here? I want them in Smash, just replace Morgan with Lyn. I'm not opposed to Morgan, I just want Lyn more.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
It's crazy. In terms of Fire Emblem, every F.E. girl you've mentioned here? I want them in Smash, just replace Morgan with Lyn. I'm not opposed to Morgan, I just want Lyn more.
that's okay,at the end of the day everybody's got their own opinions.

zferolie

Smash Hero
First fighter of the pass is from ARMS! We don't know who it is, but that will be shown in June.

... I am Hoping Ribbon Girl or Twintale myself

LoZ00

Smash Journeyman
Let's go! With a brand new ARMS character, chances for a new girl in Smash are increasing steadily! I mean, either it's Helix, Spring Man (who I'd find weird, but still likely) or a girl! I know that many of you are hoping for Min Min, Twintelle, or Ribbon Girl, but I'm gonna throw an oddball and say that I'd love to see Dr. Coyle.
She'd also be the first full-fledged female villain Smash has ever received (Wendy as an alt. doesn't really count), but on top of that, I've always found Dr. Coyle to be the coolest character of ARMS since her reveal! I wouldn't be disappointed with Min Min either, my favorite ARMS character after Dr. Coyle and, probably, Lola Pop.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Let's go! With a brand new ARMS character, chances for a new girl in Smash are increasing steadily! I mean, either it's Helix, Spring Man (who I'd find weird, but still likely) or a girl! I know that many of you are hoping for Min Min, Twintelle, or Ribbon Girl, but I'm gonna throw an oddball and say that I'd love to see Dr. Coyle.
She'd also be the first full-fledged female villain Smash has ever received (Wendy as an alt. doesn't really count), but on top of that, I've always found Dr. Coyle to be the coolest character of ARMS since her reveal! I wouldn't be disappointed with Min Min either, my favorite ARMS character after Dr. Coyle and, probably, Lola Pop.
Indeed, If they aren't upgrading Spring man, its gotta be a girl for sure or Helix. If they are, I still see it as a Hero Situation, where multiple characters for alts, but each are named like Bowser Jr. Either way we get more ladies in smash.

Ribbon Girl, TwinTelle, Min Min, and Dr Coyle, the latter being a female Villain, our second to Dark Samus

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
i see this as a good chance for a new female fighter, id be happy with nearly any of them

does dark samus not count due to being an echo?

LoZ00

Smash Journeyman
I completely forgot about Dark Samus, my bad. Although Dark Samus's gender is debatable.

LoZ00

Smash Journeyman
:ultwendy:: Am I just a joke to you?
I acknowledged her, but as I previously stated, she barely counts because she's an alt. Dark Samus, on the other hand, was more of a mistake by my part, mainly because I personally don't refer to DS as a female, but rather as a thing. Anyway, let's not drive our conversation off-topic! ARMS representation in Smash, yay!

Chaosmaster8753

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ChaoticZelos3578
3DS FC
2750-1187-7177
So, is Dr. Coyle one of the most likely picks if the dev team isn't using Spring Man or one of the ARMS characters already in as a Spirit?

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
So, is Dr. Coyle one of the most likely picks if the dev team isn't using Spring Man or one of the ARMS characters already in as a Spirit?
thats a matter of opinion, people think spring man or ribbon girl cause they're the faces of the game or min min as she was named most popular

D

Deleted member

Hi Lesley, what arms female are you rooting for? i'm on the fence with Min Min and Mechanica.
If anything, Ribbon Girl and Min Min are the most probable. Ribbon Girl can be bundled with Spring Man as either alt or Echo.

zferolie

Smash Hero
i dont think itd be fair to have ribbon girl as an alt, an echo maybe as she plays differently
her main difference is double jump and fast fall, and everyone in smash can double jump, so any ARMS rep will be able to do that.

I think having her be the lead, and Spring man, Min Min, and Ninjara as alts is perfect. It could even emulate the cover of ARMS the reveal. Springman looks like he's about to get the letter, when SUCKER PUNCH

crazybenjamin

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 2794 0568 0108
Maybe it'll be Dr. Coyle?

Springman looks like he's about to get the letter, when SUCKER PUNCH
...and then Ribbon Girl allows the other three to tag along anyway, because she doesn't want to leave her friends behind?

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
her main difference is double jump and fast fall, and everyone in smash can double jump, so any ARMS rep will be able to do that.

I think having her be the lead, and Spring man, Min Min, and Ninjara as alts is perfect. It could even emulate the cover of ARMS the reveal. Springman looks like he's about to get the letter, when SUCKER PUNCH
true true, but i just think itd be shame that after the arms team got to the trouble of trying to give character their own trait (bar springtron) itd be a little bit of a disservice to not reflect that in smash. and sure sakurai done things like that in the past but its a habbit we need to break him of

also you defiantly should have min min as an alt, itd cost her her dragon arm her main thing

zferolie

Smash Hero
true true, but i just think itd be shame that after the arms team got to the trouble of trying to give character their own trait (bar springtron) itd be a little bit of a disservice to not reflect that in smash. and sure sakurai done things like that in the past but its a habbit we need to break him of

also you defiantly should have min min as an alt, itd cost her her dragon arm her main thing
As other people have said, Smash has taken lots of liberties in the past. yes sakurai tends to make the character as close to their game as possible, but he also adds some stuff to them too.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
As other people have said, Smash has taken lots of liberties in the past. yes sakurai tends to make the character as close to their game as possible, but he also adds some stuff to them too.
thats true, bowsers voice being one such example and that really bugs me. but i feel having a character be reduced to simply a costume is wasted opportunity

zferolie

Smash Hero
thats true, bowsers voice being one such example and that really bugs me. but i feel having a character be reduced to simply a costume is wasted opportunity
I mean the 2 forms of Byleth do animate a bit differently to show a little different personality. I can see them doing that for the ARMS characters. like slightly different idle stances or run animations, but their hit and hurt data is all the same.

Speaking of Byleth, she never used all of the weapons before either, so they could easily give some little stuff to each of the fighters. I can imagine Ribbon Girl taught the others to double jump, or spring man how to reflect, and even Min Min with kicking.

However, if we are just getting one, its not gonna be spring man I feel. they would have just said so if thats the case, not make us wait 3 months for him. Min Min seems the most likely, but if Sakurai still wants the box lead, then Ribbon Girl is likely, as She is just as much of a lead as spring man.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I mean the 2 forms of Byleth do animate a bit differently to show a little different personality. I can see them doing that for the ARMS characters. like slightly different idle stances or run animations, but their hit and hurt data is all the same.

Speaking of Byleth, she never used all of the weapons before either, so they could easily give some little stuff to each of the fighters. I can imagine Ribbon Girl taught the others to double jump, or spring man how to reflect, and even Min Min with kicking.

However, if we are just getting one, its not gonna be spring man I feel. they would have just said so if thats the case, not make us wait 3 months for him. Min Min seems the most likely, but if Sakurai still wants the box lead, then Ribbon Girl is likely, as She is just as much of a lead as spring man.
dont be absurd byleth doesnt have a personality.

there is a precedent for characters using moves that arent theres (or indeed phrases) in the case of byleth its interesting that they over looked the stuff that was based on things exclusive to the character for other major characters signature weapons, though at least based on how the game worked byleth could still become an expert in using those type of weapons. in the case of arms itd be kind of similar any of them could use any of the weapons, even the signature ones of other characters, seeing as any character can have all the weapons. as for their signature weapons, well if he can make the excuse that kumatara taught lucas how to use her moves i suppose itd be no different here. but again id see that as a waste of potential just bunging a bunch of characters together into one and them giving them each others moves to make the all play them same

D

Deleted member

The way I see it, it's more akin to Ryu and Ken.

D

Deleted member

I think Chun-Li is closer to the Street Fighter equivalent of Ribbon Girl at this point, being the main female lead of the series. (Also as she's the character that appears everywhere with Ryu except Smash Bros.).
In terms of moveset that's how I see it, yhough I could be wrong (never played ARMS)

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well of all the ARMS characters, I'd say it's a 49-51 male to female ratio in the likely characters

One the one hand we have Spring Man and Ninjara (minus one for Spring Man being an Assist already) and Ribbon Girl and Min min on the other.

Even with the bosses it's a toss up between Max Brass and Dr. Coyle.

Top Bottom