• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

We Can Do It! - The Female DLC Character Discussion and Support Thread

mjlgyuhdcfht

Smash Rookie
Been wanting any of these for a while. Representation be damned - I just want cool characters not be ruined like Zero Suit Samus in this game

Hinata (Naruto series), Chun Li (Street Fighter series), Midna (cursed form, TLOZ: Twilight Princess), Twintelle (ARMS), Linkle (Hyrule Warriors), Gaige & Deathtrap (Borderlands 2).

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Been wanting any of these for a while. Representation be damned - I just want cool characters not be ruined like Zero Suit Samus in this game

Hinata (Naruto series), Chun Li (Street Fighter series), Midna (cursed form, TLOZ: Twilight Princess), Twintelle (ARMS), Linkle (Hyrule Warriors), Gaige & Deathtrap (Borderlands 2).
might i ask what aspect is it that you think has ruined her? just general curiosity

D

Deleted member

ZSS is actually still cool if you ask me. That thing with the boobs and the butt? Made it a bit more kid-friendly.

crazybenjamin

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 2794 0568 0108
Though i can understand thw argument of disliking her boots
I think that's the actual reason.

Fun fact: in the original design for the Zero Suit, they left a note saying "ATTENTION: Don't give heel too much height!"

D

Deleted member

I think that's the actual reason.

Fun fact: in the original design for the Zero Suit, they left a note saying "ATTENTION: Don't give heel too much height!"
LOL I mean they did not think it through when they made her for Smash.

D

Deleted member

Some people were legit angry about that. calling Sakurai a hack for doing it
I don't mind as long as the character is at the very least faithful to the original incarnation.

Say, if they were going to add Morrigan and censor her (she's kinda easy to censor), at least the vibe is still there.

Dannio

Smash Cadet
NNID
Dannio0426
3DS FC
3239-8498-1348
Switch FC
SW 5897 9391 2885
I'm all in for more females on the roster. Sign me up!

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
hello lesley, i like to ask you a question, fire emblem might already have enough fighters but i feel some female represents such as Tiki(as a playable character), Anna, Micaiah, Elincia or Caeda, and Morgan have some potential in one way or another to be added into smash.

What do you think?

D

Deleted member

whos that in your avatar btw?
Altina from Fire Emblem.

hello lesley, i like to ask you a question, fire emblem might already have enough fighters but i feel some female represents such as Tiki(as a playable character), Anna, Micaiah, Elincia or Caeda, and Morgan have some potential in one way or another to be added into smash.

What do you think?
I have no problem with more Fire Emblem reps. Hell, it's one of my favorite franchises after all.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Altina from Fire Emblem.

I have no problem with more Fire Emblem reps. Hell, it's one of my favorite franchises after all.
That's Surprising, iv'e only played Awakening,Fates,Three Houses, and a little bit of Shadow Dragon. So Far Awakening's one of the better games in the series for me.

MattX20

Smash Hero
The only female character I can really say that I want to be playable at this point is Shantae, but given how indies are repped in Smash, it's probably a pipe dream for Ultimate

zferolie

Smash Hero
The only female character I can really say that I want to be playable at this point is Shantae, but given how indies are repped in Smash, it's probably a pipe dream for Ultimate
Honestly, i think it helps her chances slightly, as if they got added as playable then shantae had no chance of being added, and if we got no skins then it looks like Nintendo doesnt care about indies at all

MattX20

Smash Hero
Honestly, i think it helps her chances slightly, as if they got added as playable then shantae had no chance of being added, and if we got no skins then it looks like Nintendo doesnt care about indies at all
I suppose there is some truth to that

Troykv

Smash Master

What do you think?
I'm the guy that wants Micaiah in Smash above all else... So sure :D

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
I'm the guy that wants Micaiah in Smash above all else... So sure :D
That's Great to hear since you do support Micaiah.

to me out of all the list, i like to play as Tiki, Anna would've worked as a joke character just using all class weapons and having a final smash with her sisters, Caeda and Elincia would be on their pegasus the whole time, and i just want morgan as an echo fighter for robin just to have her smash with her parents.

D

Deleted member

Shantae is a Spirit, so technically we're still in the state that Spirits deconfirm...unless a miracle happens.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Shantae is a Spirit, so technically we're still in the state that Spirits deconfirm...unless a miracle happens.
She's a base game spirit, so she has the advantage of that as opposed to any spirit board events that happened during the Fighter Pass

D

Deleted member

She's a base game spirit, so she has the advantage of that as opposed to any spirit board events that happened during the Fighter Pass
Even so, we still have to get a hard promotion to access her though.

God,how Indies are perceived in Smash kind of like how male wyvern riders are perceived in Heroes.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero

What do you think?
Yup, out of the 8 characters here, only one is female by default and she's an echo.
It'd be nice to have a female FE rep with a unique moveset and 8 costumes. And more than one than can appear on the menu by default.

1585176985630.png

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
i feel they should get rid of some the FE characters before adding any more, but i wouldnt mind seeing tiki and sakura

Top Bottom