• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

We bringing the boards back. I got some Falco stuff that'll change the game

nedskii-

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nedskii
Switch FC
6236-0030-3158
Thank you. Care to share nnid's to practice sometime? All in friendly fun of course. Nnid: nedskii if you are interested

Conn1496

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0344-9757-7217
This is kinda old news - should be noted that even though U-air > D-air doesn't kill, you can actually kill off U-air at similar %s with U-air > [optional U-air >] B/F-air. -and it's still true.

The whole string is just kinda janky though and unless you're super accurate (Not considering DI.), it's quite hard to get off...

Still something to keep an eye on though, I admit. A kill this early only comes around once in a long while.

KidSchadow

Smash Rookie
While we're here, is there a thread anywhere which systematically goes through falcos edgeguards on the different characters with all his great off stage tools? The most important thing I feel about this combo is the awful position it puts the opponent in considering it rarely kills. Picking apart the specifics of each characters limited recovery options to lead into actual kills seems like the next step in this development.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
First thing, I would prefer it if this was posted here: http://smashboards.com/threads/falco-approaches-and-combos-strings.372417/, but whatever I suppose. It's not like the Falco boards in any Smash game was really that active.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7EmHSUNb6I

Up air to Down air true combo. %'s list and explanation in the video above
Question: was this tested with DI at all?

While we're here, is there a thread anywhere which systematically goes through falcos edgeguards on the different characters with all his great off stage tools? The most important thing I feel about this combo is the awful position it puts the opponent in considering it rarely kills. Picking apart the specifics of each characters limited recovery options to lead into actual kills seems like the next step in this development.
Nope. People rely on (run off) Fair for edgeguards which does the job for most fast fallers outside of Sheik who's vertical recovery is amazing to say the least despite mentions from people like @A2ZOMG that Nair is also a good off-stage tool and Up Smash is good for ledge coverage, especially more so with its invincibility on startup and ability to hit below the ledge, @BltzZ mentioning Utilt's usage for ledge coverage, demonstration by @Cyro with wall jump to setup Fair and Dair a heights closer to the ledge, jab ledge cancel to Nair, and actually gimping with Reflector in a recent video: https://youtu.be/VoU6db7BQNo?t=78, Keitaro demonstrating A2ZOMG's note of Up Smash's ledge coverage, and Ally demonstrating the usage of Blaster for off-stage followups from D-throw abusing the inability to grab the ledge during hit stun and going after Ness's PK Thunder with Reflector. @McDareth also has a video showing that trading with Fair and presumably Nair leads to soft spikes because auto-link shenanigans. Others also make use of the old spaced Side Smash that Falco and Fox players used since Melee? or since Brawl. Oh, and the usual ledge-trumping that I don't really see often...

NotAnAdmin

Smash Journeyman
Sorry, man. This is kind of old...
With DI most of these aren't very reliable. It puts you in a good position to make a strong edgeguard and all that but upair to upair/fair not only works at lower percents but makes it easier to make a strong follow-up to keep the pressure. It simply more optimal.

Top Bottom