• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "We are one with the Battlefield" - Shulk Stage Discussion (Currently discussing: Pilotwings)

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Okay so, I'm not sure what's gonna happen with the new thread n all, but basically my locals around my area have banned Halberd & Castle Siege, so I have little input on those stages. Yay secretly for Halberd but saddening that I lose a sweet CP stage.

With the thought that Miiverse or as we like to call it Memeverse is treated as Battlefield in the banning phase, this comes to mind for discussion. "But it's just another battlefield?" Wrong! This stage format is identical to Battlefield in terms of the blastzone data & such, but the stage itself is slightly different in several ways that opts me not to ban Battlefield or avoid choosing to play on Battlefield for the sole reason that I would rather play on Miiverse for reasons:

• The lower platforms are wider, which means that characters like Villager cannot stand at the edge of the upper platform & drop bowling balls on you standing on the floor. This also means that Bowser Yoshi & Kirby cannot DownB through the gap since there is no gap for them to. Others also include Pikachu I think, but you get where I'm coming from with this right? I hope so! Shutting down dem character strategies.:shades: Also, because the lower platforms are wider & the edges are more close to the center, Utilt & or Nair pressure becomes more real especially with Monado Enchant active.
  • The platform stage itself consists of a small thin base to fight on. Battlefield was a large upside-down city-like structure. While this is quite different, one might not think too much about it -- HOWEVER, this bodes well for us (me especially) much more than Battlefield in that we can not only scrooge on both BF & MV, but MV's stage platform is so thin that us ledge dropping & airdodge to doublejumping Fair up close against the underside of the stage can hit through the stage attacking nearby characters all the while scrooging back to the other side. On some stages, we can Uair 2nd hit to pierce through such as SV or T&C, but we can simply Fair & hit with the move's startup plus Fair has a quicker FAF than Uair on Miiverse, NOW YOU WANNA PICK THIS STAGE DON'T YOU? YOU CAN JUST LEDGEDROP SCROOGE FAIR SHARK & AIR SLASH FOR LEDGE PROTECTION IF YOU DESIRED. HOW IS THAT NOT COOL?!?! SCREW BF!

Last edited:
Top Bottom