• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

We are INVADERS, from SPACE! The Space Invaders Support Thread

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
How would y’all feel if they used the monster from the arcade illustration as to represent the Space Invaders? While I know the alien sprites are much more iconic, it‘s possible that, in Sakurai’s eyes, it might be extremely difficult in conceptualizing a believable moveset + animations for the aliens in their sprite form. He tends to work with action figures and such for character concepts, and conveniently enough there’s an actual figma figure for the Space Invader monster that he could use.

I think it would be pretty awesome to play as another truly monstrous character, but I just wonder how they would be able to faithfully adapt it from the original arcade game.
Could be a spirit or a FS.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well if we wanna fitting yet nutty character for the final slot, Space Invaders would be the perfect fit and a perfect chance for Sakurai to flex his character moveset skills. As if we needed it after Piranha Plant.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Guys i decided to create a space invaders thread on smash crusade website https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/t5634-space-invaders-taito-disscussion
i did this because in smash crusade space invaders already have a stage and discovered that no one has made a space invaders thread yet for character threads so i decided to it myself knowing that Space invaders are some of the easiest character to make a sprite sheet of them, smash crusade developers do come to that website sometimes and check the disscussions so i hope they do consider adding Space invaders at some point in the future just like how they added Tetromino but i think its good to give them some ideas from this Smashboards thread regarding the moveset.

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
Sakurai has tweeted that the final stream will be a "celebration of gaming". Now this begs the question: what character can be said to represent gaming on a whole? Certainly some represent whole genres like Doomguy but not the entire industry. I think this best describes SI, the game that basically jump started gaming in Japan as we know it today.

Top Bottom