• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

We Ain't Ann Arbor Brawl Series

RoboticSithDrone

Smash Apprentice
Previous results:
WAAA 1 (Singles): http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=4995200&postcount=86
WAAA 2 (Singles): http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=5051395&postcount=137
WAAA 3 (Singles): http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=5105301&postcount=219
WAAA 4 (Singles, hosted by Omniswell): http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=5210426&postcount=372
WAAA 5 (Singles): http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=5303615&postcount=487
WAAA 6 (Singles, 2-stock best of 5): http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=5441541&postcount=657

Date: Sunday, September 28th (They open at noon, feel free to stop by for friendlies!)
Registration starts at 12:15 PM
Tournament starts at 2:00 PM.

3073 E Walton Blvd
Auburn Hills, MI 48326-2369

Double elimination - 2 stock - 5:00 time - Best of 5 (Losers, Winners, and Grand Finals are best of 7) - Items off - Singles - Bring Your Own Controller

$10 entry fee + $2.50 venue fee per entrant

1st place - 60% of entry fees
2nd place - 25% of entry fees
3rd place - 15% of entry fees

For the opening game of each set, blind character picking is in place.

Starter stages:
* Battlefield
* Castle Siege
* Final Destination
* Halberd
* Smashville
* Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
* Pokémon Stadium 1

From those starters, a coin is flipped. The winner of the toss gets to strike a stage, followed by the loser. This continues until there is one stage left, where the first game is played.

Advance slobs counterpicking (Loser picks stage - winner picks char - loser picks char)

Any stage on the CP list and any neutral stage not previously used in that set can be used for a counterpick.

A stage cannot be used twice in a set.

Before a given counterpick, each player has the option of banning a single stage each for the remainder of the set.

Counterpicks:
* Distant Planet
* Delfino Plaza
* Frigate Orpheon
* Hanenbow
* Luigi's Mansion
* Lylat Cruise
* Mario Circuit
* Norfair
* PictoChat
* Pirate Ship
* Pokémon Stadium 2
* Port Town Aero Dive

* Green Greens
* Jungle Japes
* Onett
* Brinstar
* Rainbow Cruise
* Yoshi's Island (Melee)

First offense of the following rules is loss of stock, second offense is loss of that game, third is loss of match.

Excessive stalling is (obviously) banned. This counts Metaknight infinite dimensional cape stalling. Using infinite cape for non-stalling purposes is perfectly fine.

If one must pause, a player on the other team will pause the game. Pausing during certain crucial cirumstances (PK thunder recovery, a chaingrab, etc.) will not be tolerated.

In the event of sudden death, the winner is the player with the most stocks remaining. If both players have the same amount of stocks, the lowest percentage wins. If both players are tied for stock and percent, a 1-stock runoff will be played on the same stage. If Sudden Death is caused by a suicide move (Ganondorf's Side-B, for instance), then the initiator of the suicide wins that game.

ATTENTION! Venue fee WILL BE WAIVED if either a CRT television OR Wii + Brawl is brought! Four TVs and four Wii+Brawl setups are preferable.

Pledged:

Televisions

Wii+Brawl
1. The Venue has one Wii+Brawl with everything unlocked.

IMPORTANT VENUE INFORMATION
-Most of E. Walton Boulevard is closed for construction. Best way around this is taking University Dr. and going through a sidestreet called Snellbrook Rd. Taking that straight will get you to the plaza.

-The venue itself is, once in the plaza, around the right-hand corner. I too got lost on the way there :p

-Normally, ChillZone charges $3 an hour to use their other equipment. The venue fee only covers playing in the tournament. Other than that, tourney-goers will get a $1/hour discount on normal rates for their equipment. Again: if you want to use stations NOT being used for the tournament, the venue WILL charge you $2/hour.

NO WEED NO ALCHOL NO PIPES NO BAD STUFF (CIGARETTES ARE OK THOUGH) THIS RULE WILL BE ENFORCED IF YOU HAVE BAD **** ON YOU YOU WILL BE DQ'D
History of rules changes:

3 August 2008: Replaced Brinstar with Pokémon Stadium 1 as a starter. Brinstar is still a legal CP stage.
22 August 2008: Moved Delfino Plaza and Lylat Cruise to Counterpick instead of starter.
10 September 2008: Trying out 2 stock - 5 minute - best of 5 for next tournament.
28 September 2008: Added Mario Circuit to the counterpick list.

nojoes

Smash Ace
Is there a way you can move the date backward to the 19th or forward where there isnt a circuit event, i don't think many people would attend. the 26th is already packed with possible tournies.

RoboticSithDrone

Smash Apprentice
Backward to the 19th brings it to the same weekend as FAST, as well as GLL in roughly the same area on the same day/timeslot. Looking through tournament listings, I didn't see any for the week of the 26th in the area, so the date sticks. Depending on turnout, this will end up being either weekly or biweekly as it stands.

dingding

Smash Ace
why is there 2 topics on this.. and yeah its so far.. from ann arbor and theres a tournament on the 20th in ann arbor

BrawlBro

Smash Ace
ya but "we aint in ann arbor" lol

Its looking good RSD
---

I'll bring a wii and brawl copy.

werent you at GLL? who where you?

Brutos

Smash Apprentice
Oh, I just found out about this. This is fairly close to my area so I'll come. It also looks like prizes are better than the last tourney I went to.

Edit: I'll bring my friend too.

nojoes

Smash Ace
attendance on this is going to be nothing because of MSOP and Kansas, i knew 26th was a bad date =[

RoboticSithDrone

Smash Apprentice
There's still 17 days until WAAA starts, so I seriously doubt that everyone who's going to go has posted yet :O

Also, depending on the success of the event, this will either be biweekly or weekly on Saturdays (even during the school year, since I'm commuting to LTU). So if you can't make it on the 26th, you might be able to later.

RoboticSithDrone

Smash Apprentice
Twelve days until WAAA kicks off, and we are STILL in need of three CRT's and a Wii+Brawl. The venue DOES have two LCD TV's, but I assume you don't want laggy televisions. Remember, if you can pledge either a Wii+Brawl or a CRT, your venue fee is WAIVED.

BrawlBro

Smash Ace
attendance on this is going to be nothing because of MSOP and Kansas, i knew 26th was a bad date =[
no no.. people who DONT live in michigan need to realize that the majority of the people at this will be, you know /from michigan/.

Ann arbor bros need to make it out! Somebody give dem guys a ride.

Tink

Smash Hero
rofl, Mi is the douche of the MW. want people to come to your tournaments, but wont travel outta state :pP...just kidding =) (kinda <_< )

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
are there doubles for this event? we got some of AA comming

EDIT: Also i can start hosting these durring the fall if you guys want since i will be living at OU.

BrawlBro

Smash Ace
Are we going to ban meta knight infinite dimensional cape? Check the metaknight forums if you dont know what I mean.

Vayseth

Smash Master
More importantly, can you do it? If you do it, you will realize how hard it is to do and how easy it is to punish. I don't think it should be, but I wouldn't mind if it was.

BrawlBro

Smash Ace
More importantly, can you do it? If you do it, you will realize how hard it is to do and how easy it is to punish. I don't think it should be, but I wouldn't mind if it was.
well stalling wise anyway it should be banned, I havent looked into to much else about it..

is it easy to punish? Idk to me being able to go invincible and appear whenever you want with an attack just seems a little too much but I havent played anyone doing it yet..I just figured id ask so its all clear and theres no fiascos like gll..

also can we ban metaknights downsmash?

RoboticSithDrone

Smash Apprentice
Infinite cape will stay unbanned unless/until proven to break gameplay.

No, no doubles to start. If enough people are interested after two or three singles tourneys, I'll implement doubles.

Vayseth, can I mark you down for a TV + Wii + Brawl then?

EDIT: Using MK Dimensional Cape infinite for MORE THAN 5 SECONDS (as recorded by the handy game clock!) is banned. Just checked in Brawl, it isn't hard to do if you customize your controls pre-match.

Vayseth

Smash Master
Yes, count me and omni for each having one.

Also, everyone try to do the cape yourself. Notice that it is REALLY hard to do for more than a couple seconds. Stalling won't be an issue, since it is physically impossible.

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
the cape should be banned, its an easy stall and retreat method, i can do the cape long enough to retreat and even stall out 20 secs.

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
Sorry for the double post but Me and vayseth might be running a little late (as in after 1pm) i have some **** ot take care of, wait for us please?

Vayseth

Smash Master
Man, actually, I can't make it. I won't be in the area that weekend. I screwed up =( So, omni and I won't be there with our set ups =(

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Since I'm not going, I won't be able to provide mine. I suggest some of you with a laptop learn how to do the recording yourself, the equipment costs around $30 for the capture card + $20 for RCA splitters = $50.

Top Bottom