• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ways to exploit Diddy's banana

The-Technique

Smash Ace
NNID
luckysharm
As we all know, Diddy is easily one of Robin's worst matchups, if not the worst, so it might help a bit to lab some of Robin's options when she manages to catch his banana.

Robin can in fact copy Mega Man's schtick of footstool > Z drop banana > ???, but unlike Mega Man she can only land a standing grab and jab off of it (that I've tested). At least she has a confirm into Checkmate off of this tactic.

Glide toss > F-smash is also guaranteed. There's also glide toss > grab if the opponent shields the banana, although I haven't been able to test that yet.

Nah

Smash Champion
Oh yeah, something I was thinking, are there other things that could possibly be replicated by Robin with a banana? The OP mentions stuff like footstool->z-drop->grab/smash, and tossed banana->smash/grab, but that's also all I've ever been aware of for banana follow-ups, regardless of character.

What other things does Diddy do with a banana (or MegaMan with a Metal Blade)?

Top Bottom