• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Way to speed up Ganon? Maybe?

Could this change the meta?

• Total voters

.Execute

Smash Cadet
As I was recently playing melee I was just messing with wavedashing when I came across a possible way to speed up Ganons movement speed. Bassically it's a short hop, dash left or right, then wavedash which then repeats itself.
:GCY:(:GCX:) -> :GCLT:(:GCRT:) :GCDR:/:GCDL:-> :GCR:/:GCL:-> repeat from shorthop
Not sure if it is the same speed/slower/or faster than Ganons dash, can someone prove me right or wrong? I would like to know. :/

Last edited:

.Execute

Smash Cadet
Okay, firstly I messed up the buttons so... My b.:GCY:-> :GCLT::GCDR:-> :GCR:-> repeat from short hop and Nah, this is different. Its like, youre in the the middle or on the edge of the stage, standing obviously, and you do a wavedash and then do just a regular dash and then do another wavedash and it just repeats until you stop or get to where you want to be.

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
I think if you just burn off enough calories with Ganon by having a high total distance with him on your save file you can speed him up

Peps

Smash Rookie
I think you're just doing a SH -> waveland -> Dash -> repeat? If that is what you're doing, yeah it's good for making ganon faster. It's called wavelanding and it's one of the main tools most ganon players use to speed him up. Another use of wavelands is to do a DJ to a platform and then the instant ganon is above the platform press left/right on the analog stick which will make you do a perfect waveland on the platform :)

Last edited:

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
I think you're just doing a SH -> waveland -> Dash -> repeat? If that is what you're doing, yeah it's good for making ganon faster. It's called wavelanding and it's one of the main tools most ganon players use to speed him up. Another use of wavelands is to do a DJ to a platform and then the instant ganon is above the platform press right on the analog stick which will make you do a perfect waveland on the platform :)
Welcome to the G boards.

:denzel:

Yogi Backair

Smash Cadet
I believe you're talking about surfdashing, where you dash into a wavedash and dash out of that and repeat. It is a good way to move people faster

Nicco

Smash Journeyman
This is Melee 101, and you won't see a bracket at any tournament where people aren't doing this. It's just dashing out of a wavedash into another wavedash. In fact if you cover more distance faster, you should dash before the wavedash, as your character will continue to move forward in the jump squat animation, unlike a regular wavedash.

Top Bottom