• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Waveshining Marth Across FD

Uzzi

Smash Cadet
idk about how difficult or frame perfect it is, but with an opponent sdi-ing away it will definitely make it harder to follow up with another shine, as well as the fact that its harder to perform in a tournament setting. an extra shine or 2 doesnt add much percent, so the risk/reward isnt good. youll get more out of upthrow at lower percents and up smash to kill.

if you really want to know frame data of what youre doing use 20xx and replay your actions frame by frame

ramz zeus

Smash Rookie
Is it considered difficult to do what I'm doing in this video? Is it optimal? In the video, I waveshine Marth Across FD, with no dashing in between waveshines. I'm sure with SDI, this wouldn't be possible, but does this mean my waveshines are close to frame perfect? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rsajbwwDNY&feature=youtu.be
if marth sdi's away your going to have to run jc shine otherwise they will be able to shield before you can hit them its best to end the combo (likely when they get close to the ledge) with a jc upsmash jc grab or running nair

Burnaby

Smash Rookie
Most of the time here marth can get away with just auto sdi away since most foxs don't wavedash ~maxlength

ZombyDyno

Smash Rookie
If you running shine, you can usually connect with another shine if you do a slight walk first. Otherwise you have to waveshine > dash > jc shine, which is possible (see kjh and druggedfox waveshine infinite peach on fd), but very difficult.

Usually if you get the running shine it's better to go after a lage Nair > shine, drill shine ,drill grab or just grab seeing as Marth goes really far and when you shine him from center stage on fd most of the time you when you shine him again he'll just snap to ledge. I think it's usually better to go for a jc grab up throw up air at low%s, up throw Bair off stage at mid%s, and jc up smash at high%. You can go for a jc upsmash at lower % if you think you can get an upair or bair, but I haven't tested that yet.

I've seen some go for running shine > upair to start combos, that's definitely worth exploring, but usually I see mango go for a Nair after the waveshine so he can get another shine

Top Bottom