• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wavelanding Questions

Karmatrix

Smash Cadet
Hey Fellow Game & Watchers,

I've been working on my movement with G&W, and I had a couple of questions.

1: Is it possible to waveland off of the top platform on Battlefield, from the ground? I can barely double jump there, but I haven't been able to get a waveland off of it (usually I air dodge below, or roll on the platform).

2. Occasionally, when wavelanding off of a platform, facing backwards, I fall into a tumble state. Is there something I'm doing incorrectly, or is there any way to prevent this?

Thanks in advance,

~ Karmatrix ~

Crezyte

Smash Apprentice
1. Yes you can waveland off of the top battlefield platform. Its harder to do than any other platform, but you can do it. When you DJ up there though, interestingly, you get the lagless landing (no-impact landing) so thats something to keep in mind for your movement.

2. If you are falling into tumble, you are likely still holding L/R while falling off the platform. Just make sure you aren't holding any buttons after a waveland and you really should be fine.

Karmatrix

Smash Cadet
1. Yes you can waveland off of the top battlefield platform. Its harder to do than any other platform, but you can do it. When you DJ up there though, interestingly, you get the lagless landing (no-impact landing) so thats something to keep in mind for your movement.

2. If you are falling into tumble, you are likely still holding L/R while falling off the platform. Just make sure you aren't holding any buttons after a waveland and you really should be fine.
Good to know! I finally managed to get several wavelands off the top platform, but it's going to take some practice.
Thanks for the info.

~ Karmatrix ~

Last edited:
Top Bottom