• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Waveland/wave dashing on stage movement

BluJay-

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jednie
So I play fox and noticed something recently when watching leffen play. He either wavedashed or wavelanded off a platform, then instantly waved dashed back to it. Is there a timing for this? Also, I know that with fox and falco, you can jump if right in front of the top platform on yoshi's and double jump (or in Falcons case, single jump) and wave dash off into a fast fall.
So how did leffen stay the same level after wavedashing off and wave dash back on after sliding off? Is it really just a super fast wavedash right after leaving the platform??

Last edited:

BluJay-

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jednie
Do you have the link from the vod?
Um no I don't think.... It may have been the first 2 matches of paragon 2015 loser quarters, where armada takes a second and like goes super OP mode. It was on dreamland (I think)

Last edited:

BluJay-

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jednie
Do you have the link from the vod?
He does it once at around 4:45 after killing armada. I can't find the other one even though I swore I had seen it somewhere else. Basically, he wavelands back on the top platform of dreamland, and wavedashes back on

Dolla Pills

Smash Ace
He does it once at around 4:45 after killing armada. I can't find the other one even though I swore I had seen it somewhere else. Basically, he wavelands back on the top platform of dreamland, and wavedashes back on
I watched that match over, and he doesn't do that. At one point he does a waveland back on the top platform to slide off of it, but he doesn't waveland back onto the platform. You may be confusing something

BluJay-

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jednie
Rivals of Aether. Its an indie game similar to Smash, just google it.

Also that quadruple post, what a legend.
Oh yeah yeah I just didn't think of it by that abbreviation. And i was posting while looking up the match XD

BluJay-

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jednie
I watched that match over, and he doesn't do that. At one point he does a waveland back on the top platform to slide off of it, but he doesn't waveland back onto the platform. You may be confusing something
Sorry ugh I at 2:45. He kills armada, wave lands of the top platform, then jumps and wavedashes back on

fratstar

Smash Rookie
Top Bottom