• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wavedashing with mayflash in dolphin

Penwick

Smash Rookie
I'm playing ssbm through dolphin using a gc controller and the mayflash gc to pc usb adapter, but for some reason wavedashing is a lot more difficult than it should be. I've tried setting up the L&R triggers as analog, but in the controller configuration it seems like the are always slightly pressed. Has anyone had or is having this issue?

Achilles1515

Smash Master
I think I had that issue at one point. In order to get the actual L and R buttons (all the way pressed) to be registered as the button and not the analog slider, I had to hold them down so that it almost registered the press and then hit the button on Dolphin to record an input and quickly press it down the last little bit. Also make sure you set your radii for the joystick and c-stick to 100. (Dolphin defaults it at 70 or something)

Penwick

Smash Rookie
I think I had that issue at one point. In order to get the actual L and R buttons (all the way pressed) to be registered as the button and not the analog slider, I had to hold them down so that it almost registered the press and then hit the button on Dolphin to record an input and quickly press it down the last little bit. Also make sure you set your radii for the joystick and c-stick to 100. (Dolphin defaults it at 70 or something)
Yup, that worked. Thanks so much :)

Killress

Smash Ace
I'm having the same problem, but holding it down part way before pressing the button isn't working for me :\

skstylez

Smash Journeyman
Another question, does the Mayflash have inherent lag? It always feels different playing on dolphin than a gamecube, it takes me a good 30 minutes to adjust.

Penwick

Smash Rookie
I'm having the same problem, but holding it down part way before pressing the button isn't working for me :\
Hold it down like 80-90% of the way then fully press it while recording the input. If it shows the input as "Axis 5+" or "Axis 4+" you've done it right, but if it's "Axis 5-+" or "Axis 5-+" you've done it wrong.

Syrox

Smash Rookie
Have you guys tried holding down the start button for at least 3 seconds to switch to airplane mode?

Top Bottom