• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wavedashing with Ken

malicecrossrevolver

Smash Apprentice
I made a video showing how I wavedash with Ken. It seems like a useful option if practiced regularly. I have a Shield set to the X button and Jump on the Y button. So i just roll my finger from Y to X with a direction and there you go.

GrownManJones

Smash Cadet
It's good to air dodge and re-position yourself.

Wavedash is good in Melee because you can act instantly afterwards doing any attack. Here you have landing lag that's able to be punished.

I'm not saying you made bad air dodges or didn't wavedash with the momentum well, but this wont be a staple in game play because is a very slow option and continuance rolls actually degrade and get worse.

malicecrossrevolver

Smash Apprentice
It's good to air dodge and re-position yourself.

Wavedash is good in Melee because you can act instantly afterwards doing any attack. Here you have landing lag that's able to be punished.

I'm not saying you made bad air dodges or didn't wavedash with the momentum well, but this wont be a staple in game play because is a very slow option and continuance rolls actually degrade and get worse.
I'm not saying it should be a staple, im saything that if it's in the game we should use it. Mixing things up keeps the opponents guessing, especially if it's some wonkey unpredictable movement. I firmly believe people don't want to wavedash out of spite. As If people think that since it's not like melee's wavedash then we shouldn't use it at all. “There is no knowledge that is not power.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson

Fenomonal

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW 0308 7709 8101
Looks like only viable option out of it would be down tilt if its buffered. Correct me if im wrong. But it is a good mix up especially on ken when you have to find openings.

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
The wavedash at 0:17 is by far the cleanest. If that's easy enough to do consistently, it will be a great tool in competitive play for a character whose ground spacing means everything!

Dash -> reverse fsmash is already staple as Ken. This optimized could be a faster alternative that's safer at closer ranges, and can even help crossup against hopping opponents. Never rolling as the consequence due to stale rolls seems fine as Ken doesn't have a great roll anyway. Spotdodging is practically unaffected by stale rolls which is also a very nice tool for Ken.

Last edited:
Top Bottom