• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wavedashing like movement with f-air?

CatsmeowYT

Smash Rookie
NNID
CatsmeowYT
While messing around with Mii gunners f air, I found that if you fast fall fair while holding back on the left stick, you can get wavedash like movement... I don't know if others know this weird tech, but I haven't seen any footage online. If someone can recreate this, we could potentially make the way some characters movement options change. (Or make them better)

Last edited:

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Plenty of character's have aerial attacks that push them forwards or backwards.
ROB's back-air pushes him forward, Corrin's back-air as well.

Wavedash like movement doesn't instantly make a character god-tier broken, especially because you can't spam aerial attacks like you can with Melee's directional air-dodges.

I'm butthurt that they don't allow Mii-gunners in tournaments, and unfortunately, I don't think this rule will ever change.

Last edited:

CatsmeowYT

Smash Rookie
NNID
CatsmeowYT
It may not make anything op, but it can help characters move around the stage pretty fast. Though after second thought, it probably won't change the meta of a character, but when It would probably be useful to attack with that type of move when backing away from the opponent, while dealing damage. So it may help some characters with lacking movement options.

Last edited:

SJMistery

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-3611-4128
some moves have this effect. Greninja's Hydro Pump, Pikachu's Quick Attack and Bowser's custom Side-B are the most prominent cases. Sadly, excluding Bowser, those moves get increased landing lag if the wavedash happens. Still, WavePump is my favourite unofficial taunt.

Last edited:

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
While messing around with Mii gunners f air, I found that if you fast fall fair while holding back on the left stick, you can get wavedash like movement... I don't know if others know this weird tech, but I haven't seen any footage online. If someone can recreate this, we could potentially make the way some characters movement options change. (Or make them better)
I use this like 90% of the time in tournament lol. It has been referred to as a "Gundash".
Using tilt stick allows better control of the movement, but is not required. I use fair as a movement tool to approach, retreat, and recovering. It's also a good cross-up tool too, allowing you to grab opponents or attack them after they drop shield (because nobody just punishes the option).

DakotaBonez DakotaBonez
Mii's are rarely just banned from tournaments outright (from what I've seen), just the other special moves.

I've never had issues entering a tournament using a 1111 Mii Fighter.

Top Bottom