• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wavedash (Vid)

Geist

Smash Master
This is hilarious.
I'm really enjoying reading this right now.

I think the best solution to all this is to laugh in our seats at bofo.
Join me if you will.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
also sorry God is my Rock this is a good find we have played in tournement before at critical hit 1 and 2 i don't know if you remember me but i play dedede anyway this guy is agrrivating don't mean to turn your thread into a flame war

haha yeah I remember you. Nice DDD. Glasses and spiked hair, right?

To BOFO:

I respectfully ask you to stop spamming my thread. This is Smashboards not flameboards. If you want to discuss something with some one in this thread plz PM them. I'D rather my thread not get locked.

PS: You're getting really upset about other people's views on a mechanic in a VIDEO GAME. Don't you have something better to do with your time?

KiteDXX

Smash Apprentice
Interesting physic, but as it's been said, there will be very limited uses of it.

If I ever play Luigi or Sheik, I guess I have some new gimmick to abuse between stocks.

KiteDXX

Smash Apprentice
plz don't flame, but i don't get how it's useful
can someone explain?
It isn't. It's just a momentum gimmick that used to be great in Melee.

However, this time around, it lost many of its properties and practical purposes, so it's just for show.

kamekasu

Smash Ace
The input takes longer than pressing R. Why wouldn't you powershield?
Not to mention that moving backwards like that would only really benefit a character with a long disjointed hitbox, a category in which crawling characters do not fall under.

swim2007

Smash Apprentice
Umm luigi slides all the time when u changes directions. That is actually a property of his character and nothing special. I don't know if this will be legit in real games. Only time will tell if this is true or not for all characters.

Pure-???

Smash Journeyman
It may not be that pratical, but it does give you another option, which is better than not having it at all.

Nice find.
exactly. usable, but barely ever going to be needed. there if you need it, and it's always nice to have the extra option.

bstd77

Smash Rookie
Sliding to the left is doable but sliding to the right is much more difficult which is probably why he never does it in the video. Interesting find but it probably won't amount to much unfortunately.

Met

Smash Ace
haha yeah I remember you. Nice DDD. Glasses and spiked hair, right?

To BOFO:

I respectfully ask you to stop spamming my thread. This is Smashboards not flameboards. If you want to discuss something with some one in this thread plz PM them. I'D rather my thread not get locked.

PS: You're getting really upset about other people's views on a mechanic in a VIDEO GAME. Don't you have something better to do with your time?

hahah good **** you coming to C3?

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
good stuff dude we should sometime try doing some teams. but yeah i guess i will see you there its to good to pass up.:)
That sounds cool. I'll Cya there.

Unusual_Rex

Smash Journeyman
Cool! But a question though, does anyone thing this will be a practical move to use? Not trying to bash it or anything, just curious.

COMMANDLIST

Smash Cadet
I myself have seen the wavedash but instead of crouching you just need to run in one direction then turn in the opposite and release the joystick.

So far I've tried it with falcon. Not to sure if it's been made out already nor do I know how effective it can be as yet.

darkgirku

Smash Journeyman
nice! I was hoping my crawldash would lead into more stuff like this :)

I commend you for the find.

It may not be super uber useful or anything.. but it IS another option for enhanced movement in brawl. All in all, very nice.

Hoff

Smash Cadet
This doesn't augment movement enough to change the game. Stop looking for ways to make Brawl like Melee.
I hardly think he was looking for a way to make Brawl more like Melee; that would be impossible since Melee > Brawl and everyone knows how different they are and futile that kind of search would be. I'm assuming God-is-my-Rock just came accross this in gameplay and decided to share it with us. I don't see it as useful but it is another option. So be it.

Top Bottom