• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wavebird Help

Cavalry_2010

Smash Rookie
Hello everyone, you see, there is a problem with a wavebird controller that I bought in a garage sell for 10$ (receiver included). The controller is in good physical state, but the main stick doesn't work properly, and is very weird. When I turn on the controller everything is fine, but after 10 minutes the stick doesn't "register" well what I'm doing.. For example in Mario Sunshine, after ~10 minutes of gameplay, the stick doesn't register Right and starts to drift to the Left, it does it enough to make Mario walk to the left. And after another 10 minutes it just doesn't do anything on the X axis, it doesn't go either to the Left or Right, however, the Y axis works fine, even after the ~20min of gameplay, I can still move Forward and Backwards. See it's a very weird problem.. I think that I need to replace the entire stick but I'm not sure.. That's why I'm making this thread, any suggestions?

P.S: The rest of the controller (c-stick, buttons, triggers) works perfectly fine, even the receiver.
P.S2: Sorry if I said something wrong, English isn't my main language :p

Synnett

Alligator Lord
Cavalry_2010 Cavalry_2010 Sorry for answering so late!

your issue might be that the stickbox is dirty. As you move your control stick, it produces static, so all the stuff that enters through the gate gets sucked into the stickbox. You'd have to open it and clean the stickbox with q-tips and rubbing alcohol. If you need help with the process feel free to contact me!

Top Bottom