• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wave bouncing useful as Ness?

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
So I didn’t play Smash 4 and never really learned this technique. It doesn’t seem too hard though. Is it worth learning for Ness? Seems like it could be useful with PK Fire and maybe even PSI Magnet

Specs64z

Smash Journeyman
Wavebouncing PSI magnet and PK fire is really good to learn, especially for PSI magnet. It gives you new and interesting movement options.

MrFrigid

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
3259-2884-2790
I haven't found much use for pk fire wavebounces, as the distance moved is really short, and the range on the pk fire is barely existent, unlessss you do it on full hop or jdc pk fires. Wavebouncing the magnet is AMAZING for movement, or so I've seen from BN, FOW, and the japanese players. I'm trash at using magnet at the right times though, so don't take my words too seriously.

EarthBoundEnigma

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EarthBoundEnigma
Wavebounce PK Fire is matchup-specific and works best against characters that it is unsafe to use grounded PK Fires on, and has the benefit of being non-reflectable. Reflected wave-bounced PK Fire only reflects the X-axis, not the Y-axis, so the fire is instantly grounded if they manage to reflect it at you. This is especially good versus characters like Zelda. For an easy demonstration, use it on Dedede inhale.

Smash Cadet
I at first thought only Lucas benefitted from wavebouncing, now I can put that one shoulder button to use!

Top Bottom