• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Watch the Dawn Tournament, 28.12.-31.12.2006, Germany

Helios

BRoomer
BRoomer
So, seems like no swedes other than me would go, meaning it's gonna be REALLY hard now =(

Tell me what airport to fly into, and I'll make a last check to see if I can go or not.

Helios

BRoomer
BRoomer
So, where's Tim? I'm kinda needing some help here :p

I can fly to Düsseldorf arriving at 21.55 on Wednesday 27th or Thursday 28th, then return back home on Saturday 30th, leaving at 07.10 in the morning *shrug*

Helios

BRoomer
BRoomer
I would most likely need someone to pick me up. It's gonna be laaaate, and I won't have much time to get to the tourney =/

Anyone with a car? :p

ProsmasherTim

Smash Journeyman
well the only ones who will come by car are BF, Coen and Amsah... I hope they'll come... otherwise I have to buy train tickets to Düsseldorf and back... well I could ask KingKirby90 if he could pick you up... He comes from Neuss, and he have to drive to Düsseldorf at first to get a train to Lünen... that are the only three options... The idea with the train tickets from lünen and back are most likely very expensive, because the tickets would be last minute tickets... So tell me what is the best option in your mind...

Helios

BRoomer
BRoomer
How far is it between Düsseldorf and Lünen? I'll help split gas costs if necessary.

Either way, I'm running kinda low on cash, meaning I can hardly go to Germany at all :p But I'm really trying to make this work, so any way of making it easier on me would greatly help :p

ProsmasherTim

Smash Journeyman
well it will be no problem to collect some money for you... Lünen is about 50km far from Düsseldorf, it wont be the problem you can get tickets for 20€ for that way... can you tell me how much you need and how much you can pay on your own?

well maybe you can be picked up by BF, Coen and amsah...

Helios

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well, basically my main concern is getting home on saturday. I would have to be at the airport by 06.00, and I have a hard time seeing how I could make that in time if I have to go by train from Lünen first =(

bornfidelity.com

Smash Master
small update.

coen is not coming anyway.

i phoned up exalador, he will know wednesday if he can come by car, if so, me, ryuker and amsah are coming as well. if not, we're screwed. :/

bornfidelity.com

Smash Master
PST I NEED CONTACT

NOW

please get msn or sth or reply here or any random german give me PSTs phonenumber or go on ICQ and tell him to reply here O_O

Ryuker

Smash Lord
Tourney was fun ^^ same as biking^^. But rain isnt >.>

I only know result up to 7:

1. Helios
2. Ryuker
3. Dancingqueen
4. Dr Death
5. PST
5. Kjab
7. BF.
7. ?

I've slept in a sleeping bag on the floor for 2 days while chris had pillows to ly on btw ....

ProsmasherTim

Smash Journeyman
FLavaSava became last... and Till got 9th I think... Flava had the worst bracked ever... he had to fight kJaB at first (Falco) and after that he had to fight BF (Falco) and he cant play against Falco... too bad... I lost against Dancing Queen 2:0 but I did about 5 Suicides or something I sucked at this time btw... and than I won everything till I had to fight Dr.Dead... he won the first 2 matches (2-stocked, 1-stocked) than I won 2 matches (2-Stocked, semi-3sticked) Dr.Dead won the last match very close one stocked, **** I did a suicide in this match >_>...

bornfidelity.com

Smash Master
So this was nice :)

Altho I dont agree with seeding (first match in brackets was vs Ryuker lol and after that my two brackets matches was literally re-playing my pool) there's no john for playing suckass and having a wonderful BF lvl4 at the last stock of the last bracketmatch. Ok so I did have a fever, had lost my sleepingback on the way there so had like NO sleep, and had travelled 80km the day before by bike (as did Joeri) but hey no johns. Learned alot and thats the important thing. ^^ And I won 5 euros in teams :p So shoutouts: (I'm sure I won't miss anyone because there's only 11 people to mention :p)

-PST: Good **** beating me really. :p I'm picking up another character just because I suck in Falco dittos vs you O_O ;) And thanks for picking us up at the trainstation with the awesome cheap ticket ^^
-Dr.Dead: The only time I played you well was when I reaaally wanted to go to sleep and it surprised you. :p Too bad I didn't meet you in brackets, would've been fun.
-KJab: More Falcos! Same thing for you, apart from the fourstock I did when I wanted to go to sleep, you did pretty good. Esp since you haven't been playing for that long. Keep on going!
-FlavaSava, t007, whatever :p: You did pretty well, I guess bad luck for you that you had to fight me in both pools and brackets. Which was kindof ****ed up :/
-7!11/Till: You're still the lame player you were half a year ago :) good ****. Stalling at the edge ftl tho. Esp. when you're not on the winning hand ^^. Well you've improved anyway, gg.
-Coop: I loved your shirt. :p
-Dancingwhatever: Your Peach is funny. Friendlies were cool, I wish I could have played you in a tournament match, would certainly have been interesting. ^^ And good **** almost beating Ryuker right.
-Jon_***: You actually had *** on the back of your shirt, you DO realise, right? :p
-Ryuker/Joeri: Good **** putting up with all the biking right :p. It was good travelling with you. DS mindskills O_O. And congrats on getting 2nd ofcourse. Bicycle-signs to Arnhem for the lose tho. :p
-Helios/Chris: Meh you're still sick, it's not fair. I hope you enjoyed the Dortmund-station-beers. :p I'll see you again in March ^^

Ryuker

Smash Lord
Was a fun tournament and a nice venue. Loved the tosti machine ( I used it alot). I had some nice friendlies when I was there ^^. I'm really happy with my 2nd place. Next time we should start a bit earlier though cause we could have done some more fun tournaments or crews and such. Really nice that there was a pc capturing matches all day, I hope they get uploaded soon ^^. See you guys next tournament and make sure you come to a dutch tourney once ^^.

Shoutouts:

PST: Thnx alot for picking us up at Wesel, Cycling to Lünen would have been horrible :p. Work on your brain age though, 67 ****!!. Thnx for the tournament and all the help you gave us during our stay which made it a lot more pleasant. Nice friendlies we had. You got some good techskill but thats not all there is too this game ;)

Dr dead: Sorry to kick you out of the tournament, good games though^^. Thnx for picking us up at the station and showing us the way to the venue.

Kjab: I survive to long :p. Nice matches and you were nice to hang out with ^^. I hope our match can be uploaded.

DancingQueen: Unique peach and way too fast(goes for more than just your peach). I faced you too much in this tournament and all matches were intense. Especially nice matches vs Helios. You deserved that 3rd place and I'm sorry for knocking you out the tournament. Definetly come over to holland and gain mor experience :).

BF: srry for banning pokemon stadium. Fun biking trip we had too bad we had rain on the way back though. Its time for you to prioritize. To BF or advance in the brackets... hard choice.

Helios: Thnx alot for the advice at this tournament it really helped me and I think I understand this game even more now :). It's been fun as always ( I still couldn't beat dedeedee :(). Prioritizing goes to you too. Its either beer or catch a plane... hard choice XD.

To all the others nice seeing you guys and see you guys next time ^^

Ciau

7!11

Smash Cadet
That tourney was nice. Unfortunately my samus wasn´t warmed up at the first two days so I had to play my sheik in singles. Otherwise I would have done better I think. I lost 2:0 to Helios and won 2:0 against cOOp in the seeding pools. I won against Jon_*** in the first round of the winner bracket 2:0. Then I had to face Dr. Dead. I think it would have been pretty close if my samus were warmed up. But I lost 2:0. Then I lost to kJab 2:1 in the looser bracket. My sheik was pretty good in these matches, but kJab took too much pressure in his gameplay and he knows pretty good how to play against sheik. I got 7th in the end.

bornfidelity: Funny friendlies, your falco is pretty good and you play a sexy pika. I forgot our moneymatch one more time. Maybe I will upload some friendlies.
Ryuker: I didn´t play your Marth, dunno why. Good **** advancing to the finals.
ProsmasherTim: Sexy falcon and fox. Trashtalking at the third day was funny, especially the horror stories.
Flava Sava: You are so funny man and a ****ing good halo player as well. Lol @ your darth maul mask.
Danicng: <3 dancing. Your peach is very good. **** you beat Ryuker in seeding pools, the winner bracket and then lost to him in the looser finals - unlucky. Good matches at the last day of the torunament. I will upload the one we recorded as soon as possible.
cOOp: You are better than I thought. <3 your shirts. Hammerfall ftw.
kJab: You play since 4 months and you are as good as hell. Nice job in teams with Helios.
Dr.Dead: You have the best sheik in Germany for sure. Congratz at getting 4th. Thanks for the really nice music.^^
IP3: Your doubeshines are so fast. Why did you just stay for a few hours?
Jon_***: OMG techskill. We sucked in teams. XD
Helios: Playing you is the best way for me to warm up my samus. Yea I beat your fox in one match but your falcon is too good for me.

The pics will be uploaded in ~30 minutes.

ProsmasherTim

Smash Journeyman
lol I thought I was 7th in singles I said that in the interview but I got 5th^^ and Dr.Dead thaought he was 5th and he was 4th... stupid...

I'm waiting for the interviews they were so funny^^

A big lol @ the pics^^ Dr.Dead for top model xD

bornfidelity.com

Smash Master
pics are awesome ^^

drdead, there's like a long stream of friendlies of me vs ryuker, both no nametags, starts with about 20x falco vs marth :p and ends with weird stuff mewtwos and ness etc :p

could we have all those matches sent to us/available as download? yaaay ^^

7!11

Smash Cadet
Videos I would like to see:
me (Sheik) vs bornfidelity (Falco) 2 Matches
me (Samus) vs kJab (CF) 1 Match (I know I have this match on this dvd, but it doesn´t work O_o)
me (Samus) vs Dancing (Peach) 1 Match
Helios (Falco) vs Dancing (Peach) Winner Finals

Top Bottom