• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Was the Uthrow change in patch 1.0.6 a nerf to R.O.B.?

Dr. λ

Banned via Warnings
Personally I think it is since the combo potential does not seem to have improved a lot but the kill potential on this move is drastically worse and this was IMO his best KO move (I still kill a lot with it even after the nerf). However, https://www.ssbwiki.com/R.O.B._(SSB4) lists it as a change and not as a nerf suggesting that the gain in combo potential makes up for the loss in KO potential of the move.

So what do you think, was it a nerf, neutral or buff?

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
It is the optimal combo throw at low percents, but we would still benefit more if it were a killthrow. Definite nerf

1FC0

Smash Lord
I still mourn the day we lost the super UThrow. and had it demoted to a mere good UThrow. As if we R.O.B. mains had not suffered enough transitions from SSBB to Smash4. We suffered the nerfs of the Gyro, the FTilt, Robo Burner, FAir, DSmash, Glide Tossing, and the grab. And even in Smash4 the Infinite Burner glitch had proven to be easy-come-easy-go.

Though there is an advantage to this nerf besides the obvious improved combo potential. Thanks to this nerf the opponent will generally live longer, allowing me to enjoy the fight for longer. I always win, but this way I can savor the moment for longer. Each game leading up to a victory for me is a moment of glory for me. And every game my R.O.B. plays, my R.O.B. wins. nerfs cannot change that. R.O.B. is powerful, nerfs can't bring him down. This nerf to R.O.B.'s kill power just prolongs my moments of glory.

Top Bottom