• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Was 3.02 Falcon the best version of Falcon?

Sodo

Smash Journeyman
And if so, what made him the best? If not, which version is better?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Objectively, 3.0 /.02 Falcon was proably the best. Had old "bugged" throw release points and Uthrow timing which was more favorable to Falcon. Pretty sure air Side B was true spike back then

Subjectively, 3.6 Falcon is the best because other chars got nerfed from 3.0 . Falcon was outshined by stuff like old Mewtwo, old Mario, etc. Similarily, patches even older than 3.0 are probably in a similar boat due to chars like Lucario / Sonic / Ike

Falcon is mostly the same throughout patches, but other character viability has a huge impact on him. He has had many formerly hard MU's or outstanding character threats nerfed over time. This matters more than whether his Side B spikes vs meteors, whether Uthrow has 2-3 more frames of lag, etc

Last edited:

Venom_909

Smash Apprentice
Objectively, 3.0 /.02 Falcon was proably the best. Had old "bugged" throw release points and Uthrow timing which was more favorable to Falcon. Pretty sure air Side B was true spike back then

Subjectively, 3.6 Falcon is the best because other chars got nerfed from 3.0 . Falcon was outshined by stuff like old Mewtwo, old Mario, etc. Similarily, patches even older than 3.0 are probably in a similar boat due to chars like Lucario / Sonic / Ike

Falcon is mostly the same throughout patches, but other character viability has a huge impact on him. He has had many formerly hard MU's or outstanding character threats nerfed over time. This matters more than whether his Side B spikes vs meteors, whether Uthrow has 2-3 more frames of lag, etc

I think in this final version falcon is at his best spot.

I think hes #1 on the tier list due to nerfs to the rest of the cast.

He struggled in melee vs spacies and sheik. I feel changes in PM made these MUs much closer.

Even in melee S2j and other falcons showed that its extremely doable. I think PM pushed the MUS to even at worst 55-45.

The Few MUs that are hard atm:

Meta Knight

Sheik

Diddy

Falco

Fox

All these MUs will get easier and easier the more falcons learn PM tech and the more they learn specifics of each MU.
I think after the next year or so falcons will only grow in rankings on the tier list.

Top Bottom