• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WARNING semi-third party character spoiler ahead!

NukeA6

Smash Master
Solid Snake originated on NES. Metal Gear was released on the NES before MSX. There was also an unofficial sequel: Snake's Revenge.

D

Deleted member

mm if you dont want other people calling you a fanboy, then id suggest not calling other people fanboys as well. despite megaman having appeared on nintendo consoles more than most, that doesnt stop the fact that he hasnt been on non-nintendo consoles more than most. megaman is one of those characters that has appeared on just about every console. (i saw this :lick: face as i was typing it and thought it was really dumb). calling megaman a nintendo character is just like calling, say, sonic a nintendo character. in other words, hes not (if you didnt make the connection).
Capcom never had ther own consoles before unlike SEGA. Nintendo does and Megaman originated on a Nintendo console. Sonic originated on a SEGA console. Yes, Megaman has appeared on non-Nintendo consoles... but so did Sonic. And they still do. Therefore, Megaman can be related as a Nintendo character, Sonic can't.

I stand by JohnKnight1's posts. Old school gamers deserved more.

R.Y.N.O

Smash Journeyman
The reason is because Nintendo never got a request for Megaman to be in the game. Snake and Sonic were in because they were asked to be in. Capcom never asked Nintendo to put Megaman in.

Top Bottom