• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WARNING semi-third party character spoiler ahead!

NukeA6

Smash Master
Word up.

I was sorta shocked that Megaman didn't get in, considering that his franchise has done more for Nintendo than Snake and Sonic combined.

I'm semi-dissapointed, but I got the characters that I wanted the most (Sonic, DDD,
Wolf
) so I'm not that saddened.
Toon Link is Capcom's rep.
You're both spoiling characters. Not that it matters to me since I know the whole roster but everyone else will make a big fuss out of it.

Wolf
isn't third party

I'm from the SNES Era

Sakurai ****ed up, and he knows it

Give it a rest its not getting any better than what it is right now.

Well.....we can hope
You too

GoldenS1104

Smash Journeyman
I think I found out why megaman(or any capcom characters) was/were not put into brawl, it was because capcom broke there Re4 gamecube exclusivity deal with nintendo. This is supposedly why nintendo denied them the ability to put a camcom character in brawl, thoughts on this?note: I have seen people thinking this as to why he wouldnt get in in past threads, but a couple of days ago X-play also thought this could be why the closest third party(in my humble opinion) to nintendo didnt get a character.
So, basically what you're telling me is that your an attention wh*re? That rumor was going around for a while. You did not come up with that idea. Stop trying to make it seem like it's your own.

http://kotaku.com/351377/why-is-there-no-capcom-in-super-smash-bros-brawl

Good job making yourself look like a complete tool.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Wolf isn't third party

I'm from the SNES Era

Sakurai ****ed up, and he knows it

Give it a rest its not getting any better than what it is right now.

Well.....we can hope
Can you use the spoiler tag on that comment on
Wolf
[it's located on the far right upper corner of the advanced post option thing], because this is the Spoiler-Free Forums, ya know. I don't think people want to know who the final unlockable character is in this sub-forum.

Anyways, Sakurai did f***ed up. Megaman's "father" [creator] was willing to put Megaman in Brawl, and wanted to put Megaman in Brawl. He would have done it, free of charge, and Brawl would have all the big 3rd party icons. Brawl would be the complete smash game. Sakurai could have done it. Sakurai could have sold 100,000 more units BECAUSE of Megaman. It would be a call away, and he could have awsome assist trophies, trophies, and NPCs like Leon Kennedy, Megaman X, Ryu, Ken, etc.

I know there is no hope, but who says I can't complain? Sakurai f***ed up, and I feel like stating the obvious. Like I said this is "Sakurai's game", not "the fan's game" like it should have been. I just don't think Sakurai knows the fans in every area that isn't music.

O ya, and Megaman in Super Smash Bros. 4 or GTFO! It's going to happen....in 4 or 5 years! :laugh:

NukeA6

Smash Master
Seems JohnKnight shares some of the same ideals as I do.

I think the SNES is best console ever made.
I can't stand fanboyism and get games regardless of the console.

Though I'm alright with the roster. Still, it could've been better. If what Johnknight said about the Megaman creator is true, Sakurai really blew it. Megaman as a Luigified clone of Samus would've been better than
having 2 Fox McCloud clones
. Megaman is like one of top five most recognized VG characters ever made (along with Mario, Sonic, Master Chief, and maybe Link).

Oh well, I'm still gonna have fun with this game.

chaindude

Smash Journeyman
after i got my sonic wish i was kinda hoping for megaman for a 4 way battle of mario vs snake vs sonic vs megaman epic if you ask me

squarez

Smash Apprentice
Seems like you guys really like that megaman fellow. I never saw what was so cool about him, besides the fact that he could do a hadouken in one game. And besides if nintendo sucks as much "ballz" as you say johnknight1, you wouldn't be playing smash bros in the first place. Also why do some people use the word "then" to replace then word "than" and vice versa?

R.Y.N.O

Smash Journeyman
Maybe he will be an Assist Trophy. Like that Golden Sun guy. (Sorry Golden Sun fans. I have never played it and do not know his name. I only know he is an AT and has a song.)

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Star Fox is hardly a known franchise, and Metroid is a Nintendo flagship one.
Hehe... I lol'd

You forget that this game is made for Japan FIRST, where, in fact, Starfox has sold more copies than Metroid. Look it up. Samus even speaks english, either because she's viewed as an American (tall, blonde) or because she's mainly loved by the West. I don't understand how, but Metroid has never quite caught on over there. And Metroid Prime 3, as awesome as it was, has sold less than Carnival Games on the Wii, and they were released the same day.

You made a lot of good points and I respect your opinion, but the fact that you called Starfox a "minor franchise" made me laugh. It's got some of the biggest fanboys of any gaming franchise, and Starfox 64 is still one of my favorite games of all time. It's a flagship series of Nintendo, and while I don't particularly like
Wolf O'Donnell being in the game, apparently he was extremely wanted in Japan. I still like him, but I think someone else could have made it in.

Still, I don't care about Megaman, because this is, in fact, a Nintendo game. I'm not a fanboy, but I was shocked when Snake got in. Then Sonic, eh, up until Sonic the Hedgehog (flop) for the other systems, SEGA had been pretty exclusive with Nintendo; plus, the fact that Nintendo allowed them to make Mario and Sonic at the Olympics pretty much made SOnic being in brawl a given. I love Megaman's NES games, but honestly, Snake's too much; he doesn't even seem to fit in. He looks out of place when he plays. Megaman's already got fighting games, go play them.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
So, basically what you're telling me is that your an attention wh*re? That rumor was going around for a while. You did not come up with that idea. Stop trying to make it seem like it's your own.

http://kotaku.com/351377/why-is-there-no-capcom-in-super-smash-bros-brawl

Good job making yourself look like a complete tool.
congrats on spending the time looking for a reason to make me look bad well done.

if the wording is the problem, then I think this ight be a reason and felt like bringing it up dang...I know I wasnt the first its kinda obvious.:dizzy:

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
That is kinda childish for nintendo to do that don't you think? Also for the record Diddy Kong is a 2nd Party character, Rare had the copyright over him remember, *Diddy Kong Racing*. So even if Microsoft own Rare, Nintendo are still entitled to characters like Diddy and Banjo/Kazooie if im right.

Megaman is similar to Samus if that makes you question over move sets, i roughly know the original megaman has a fire, wind, electric, earth and time suit so that could work out right?

Crab-Meat

Smash Rookie
You're both spoiling characters. Not that it matters to me since I know the whole roster but everyone else will make a big fuss out of it.
Ack, you're right.

I thought that spoiling that one character was ok, seeing that
the person a few posts above me had him in his sig.

Regardless, it's been edited. Sorry guys.

Riakou

Smash Apprentice
man i hate megaman, people who like megaman are like 10 year old n00bs.... no offence

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
man i hate megaman, people who like megaman are like 10 year old n00bs.... no offence
Err...no we're not. >_>

I'll admit that I was devastated at first by his deconfirmation; I felt completely defeated. But looking at it now, I realize that Megaman was a long shot afterall, because despite being heavily demanded, he was just another 3rd party character. He didn't have any kind of advantage to bend the "Nintendo only" motif like Snake and Sonic did. Snake and Sonic got in because Kojima and Naka asked for it in Melee, and this is just Sakurai making good on a promise he made a few years ago. It's not so much that Nintendo overlooked Megaman but rather, Snake and Sonic got something they asked for. With that said, I don't think this rumor is the reason MM isn't in Brawl.

I realize this may hurt my position in the RMB, but I feel like I had to give my two cents. Besides, I like to look at it this way: Megaman still has MvC and MvC 2 which is more than alot of the other defeated hopefuls. We, being fans of a gaming all-star, are the lucky ones.

Truth be told, I'm actually more burned by Isaac's AT treatment, but that's another story.

NukeA6

Smash Master
Err...no we're not. >_>

I'll admit that I was devastated at first by his deconfirmation; I felt completely defeated. But looking at it now, I realize that Megaman was a long shot afterall, because despite being heavily demanded, he was just another 3rd party character. He didn't have any kind of advantage to bend the "Nintendo only" motif like Snake and Sonic did. Snake and Sonic got in because Kojima and Naka asked for it in Melee, and this is just Sakurai making good on a promise he made a few years ago. It's not so much that Nintendo overlooked Megaman but rather, Snake and Sonic got something they asked for. With that said, I don't think this rumor is the reason MM isn't in Brawl.

I realize this may hurt my position in the RMB, but I feel like I had to give my two cents. Besides, I like to look at it this way: Megaman still has MvC and MvC 2 which is more than alot of the other defeated hopefuls. We, being fans of a gaming all-star, are the lucky ones.

Truth be told, I'm actually more burned by Isaac's AT treatment, but that's another story.

At least you have Isaac as an AT plus music. There's no Lip. Just a stick and a theme.

D

Deleted member

Aqua Rock X said:
NukeA6 said:
At least you have Isaac as an AT plus music. There's no Lip. Just a stick and a theme..
How do you guys think I feel? My hopeful gets nothing.
**** you Square Enix!

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
I don't know why people think we were getting another third party character.

Sakurai himself said that there was a chance that Snake was going to be the only one.

And JohnKnight, wishing death to Nintendo because Megaman isn't in Brawl is kind of dumb. >_>

supersonicdjs

Smash Journeyman
In an interview with the creator of Megaman:

"I know Smash Bros. is a wonderful series, but I just think Megeman should sit this one out."

It went something like that.

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
IGN interviewed Sakurai, and Sakurai said that no other companies asked him to have their characters in. The way he said it (or at least the way the english translation looked) was that he actually just waited for others to ask him, instead of him asking others. May be if they asked Sakurai like Kojima did, he would put their characters in the game.

supersonicdjs

Smash Journeyman

"I know Smash Bros. is a wonderful series, but I just think Megeman should sit this one out."

YellowJT

Smash Cadet
yea guys, honestly....i know im just gonna be rehashing what other people said, but smash is a game where NINTENDO's all-stars come together and duke it out, not some other companies characters. we should already be grateful for sonic and snakey.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Seems like you guys really like that megaman fellow. I never saw what was so cool about him, besides the fact that he could do a hadouken in one game. And besides if nintendo sucks as much "ballz" as you say johnknight1, you wouldn't be playing smash bros in the first place. Also why do some people use the word "then" to replace then word "than" and vice versa?
You sure are judgemental. XD I said I'm not a fanboy, I'm just a gamer. IDC who wins this gen or whatnot, as long as I get the best games possible. That is all I said. I never said Nintendo sucks, I'm saying if it wasn't for Miyamoto and Sakurai they'd be DEAD! The Gamecube was an embarrasement, and the Wii doesn't look too good for us who have been gaming for a long time post-2008.

I just like Megaman. I grew up with him. The fourth "real" video game character I got into after Mario, Luigi, and Bowser was Megaman. I've grown up on Megaman games since I got Megaman 7 a couple weeks before Christmas back in 1995. I went back, and got Megaman 1 and 2. AMAZING GAMES! Megaman, in my eyes, has always been a Nintendo character. He's appeared on a Nintendo console AT LEAST 37 times. Only 5 characters have appeared on Nintendo consoles more. If that's not Nintendo-ish enough, I don't know WHAT is!

All in all, if Sony or Microsoft made smash bros. instead of Nintendo, I WOULD NOT CARE! If Brawl came out on the 360 or PS3, I WOULD NOT CARE! I'm not a fanboy, just a gamer. A real gamer.

Hehe... I lol'd

You forget that this game is made for Japan FIRST, where, in fact, Starfox has sold more copies than Metroid. Look it up. Samus even speaks english, either because she's viewed as an American (tall, blonde) or because she's mainly loved by the West. I don't understand how, but Metroid has never quite caught on over there. And Metroid Prime 3, as awesome as it was, has sold less than Carnival Games on the Wii, and they were released the same day.

You made a lot of good points and I respect your opinion, but the fact that you called Starfox a "minor franchise" made me laugh. It's got some of the biggest fanboys of any gaming franchise, and Starfox 64 is still one of my favorite games of all time. It's a flagship series of Nintendo, and while I don't particularly like
Wolf O'Donnell being in the game, apparently he was extremely wanted in Japan. I still like him, but I think someone else could have made it in.

Still, I don't care about Megaman, because this is, in fact, a Nintendo game. I'm not a fanboy, but I was shocked when Snake got in. Then Sonic, eh, up until Sonic the Hedgehog (flop) for the other systems, SEGA had been pretty exclusive with Nintendo; plus, the fact that Nintendo allowed them to make Mario and Sonic at the Olympics pretty much made SOnic being in brawl a given. I love Megaman's NES games, but honestly, Snake's too much; he doesn't even seem to fit in. He looks out of place when he plays. Megaman's already got fighting games, go play them.
You're joking me, right? Metroid has sold OVER 13 million units, Star Fox hasn't even sold 4 million. Nintendo considers Metroid a flagship franchise, along with Zelda, Mario, Pokémon, and Donkey Kong [and soon Smash, since the 3 smash game's total sales as of now is well over 12 million units]. Star Fox 64 sold 2.6 million units 12 years ago. Star Fox sold about 400,000. The rest have sold under 200,000. The Metroid Primes have all sold well over 750,000 units, the original Metroid sold about as much as the origianl Legend of Zelda, and Super Metroid sold just under 1 million units. Star Fox is minor, will always be minor, and will never be big. Metroid IS the bigger franchise. Go look up some stats, because even in Japan Metroid sold better. Hell, the original Metroid's sales in Japan probably outsells the entire Star Fox series' sales in Japan.

In the end, Star Fox 64 is all that sold. It's made well over 80% of the entire series' sales. Metroid [the original] has sold double that (and beyond), plus Super Metroid and Metroid Prime 1 and Hunters have sold just under a million units. If it wasn't for Star Fox 64, there'd be nothing special about Star Fox. Star Fox is barely above average outside of Star Fox 64, and maybe Assault. Star Fox is considered a minor series. Fire Emblem has sold more units in Japan, and sells just a tad bit less then Star Fox. Star Fox has sold less then Animal Crossing [outted worse then 2 to 1], and isn't even one of the 200 best selling franchises. It's that minor. *points at wikipedia's stats*

And Megaman's other fighting games aren't as good as smash. That's the problem. If you're telling us to settle for less with the biggest icon not in smash, you gotta be crazy. Megaman will be just as wanted in Super Smash Bros. 4 Sonic was in Brawl, thanks to Brawl increasing the smash community's size, and hype. He better be in Super Smash Bros. 4!

I don't know why people think we were getting another third party character.

Sakurai himself said that there was a chance that Snake was going to be the only one.

And JohnKnight, wishing death to Nintendo because Megaman isn't in Brawl is kind of dumb. >_>
Correction: It's "Johnknight1", or "Johnknight", and that's only IF the reason for Megaman not being in Brawl was because of the whole "Resident Evil 4" incident. If it's not, o wellz. They should give the gamers what they want, and not go hide behind this stupid politicial business crap. If that's what they did, Nintendo is worse then Sony. Ya, I said it. But IDC, I'm just a gamer. Not a fanboy. Just a true gamer, who plays and wants the best games possible.

Seems Johnknight shares some of the same ideals as I do.

I think the SNES is best console ever made.
I can't stand fanboyism and get games regardless of the console.

Though I'm alright with the roster. Still, it could've been better. If what Johnknight said about the Megaman creator is true, Sakurai really blew it. Megaman as a Luigified clone of Samus would've been better than
having 2 Fox McCloud clones
. Megaman is like one of top five most recognized VG characters ever made (along with Mario, Sonic, Master Chief, and maybe Link).

Oh well, I'm still gonna have fun with this game.
I actually think that the SNES and N64 are equals. Smash 64 does that to you, ya' know? :laugh:

I'm fine with the roster. And Megaman as a Samus clone? For shame! That's like saying Mario is a Marth clone because they both have feet, and are both human. Having over 250 powers to chose from is down right good. And WHEN Megaman is in Super Smash Bros. 4 [or I'm not wasting my time; no more filler characters], he better be original, or GTFO! And the copy ability would be nice, since Megaman originally did that, and Kirby stole it from him. Megaman is the last selling point smash would have, ever. No other character that's not in smash already would help sell the game, really.

And at least with Geno we could get SMRPG DS or SMRPG 2! ;D

As for Issac, I wasn't expecting him, but I wanted him. I'm glad he's at leats a assist trophy.

yea guys, honestly....i know im just gonna be rehashing what other people said, but smash is a game where NINTENDO's all-stars come together and duke it out, not some other companies characters. we should already be grateful for sonic and snakey.
Please. Stop with this fanboyism. Megaman has appeared on Nintendo consoles more then any character that isn't Mario, Toad, Luigi, Peach, or Bowser. That's four playable characters in smash. The others haven't appeared as much on Nintendo consoles as Megaman is, PERIOD! He's as close to a Nintendo character as you can get, with AT LEAST 37 Nintendo Console Appearances, excluding the Virtual Console. BTW, are any Megaman games on the Virtual Console=???

Seriously, Super Smash Bros. Druken Bar Fight FTW! :laugh:

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion

Wow, bad buisness move much?! If that is true then that is the real reason dang...I dont see what made him think it would be a bad idea to put him in but oh well. We still got brawl, and it is still a game that has gotten AMAZING reviews.

Johnknight1-no not that I know of, its because(I guess) we have access to the megaman aniversary collection on a game cube disk still and 8-9 games on a disk for 20 bucks is a better deal then 50$ for all of them via virtual console.

metaXzero

Smash Champion
So it was punishment for RE4? Another bad move.

I'd at least prefer those hack programming characters over those clones clogging up space

Maybe next time Megaman.

Senshuu

Smash Journeyman
I wish Megaman had been in it.
But he's not. And other awesome characters are in it.
So I'm fine.

Go play Megaman XYZ23!

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Wow, bad buisness move much?! If that is true then that is the real reason dang...I dont see what made him think it would be a bad idea to put him in but oh well. We still got brawl, and it is still a game that has gotten AMAZING reviews.

Johnknight1-no not that I know of, its because(I guess) we have access to the megaman aniversary collection on a game cube disk still and 8-9 games on a disk for 20 bucks is a better deal then 50$ for all of them via virtual console.
Ya, Megaman Anniversary Collection is GODLY! I've had it since the same month [probably the same week] it came out [on the Gamecube]! :laugh: And it actually has ten. Megaman 1-8, plus the two Power Fighter arcade games, that reached North America in a limited quanity...of like, 2! :laugh:

Well, if that's the reasoning, then we can't be mad at the big N for this. There will be a smash bros. 4, and it is very possibly. Maybe Capcom wishes to recreate Megaman from the ground up? Seriously, they need to do that. Unlike SEGA, Capcom doesn't mostly suck, and is one of the greatest companies out there. If they can make awsome games like Resident Evil 4, Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles, Lost Planet: Extreme Condition, Devil May Cry 4, and Dead Rising that use/are First person, second person, and third person shooters, why the crpa not a REAL 3D Megaman game=??? Seriously, now is the BEST TIME to bring back the Blue Bomber, in 2009 and 2010, when gaming seems to be at sorta a slump.

Return the bomber back to gaming, and let the re-birth of the LEENDARY child that became a robot blue bomber begin! This is the perfect time for Megaman's ressurection. Return this gaming legend to the glory he once has, and deserves. But above all, LET HIM EARN IT! I'm glad Megaman doesn't seem to be dead, or won't be much longer, since I wanted him in Brawl for the same reason I wanted Sonic. Because their series are basically done. The glory days are gone. But for Megaman, this could mean a bright future. Whether X (with Megaman Zero, maybe?), Classic, or Legends Megaman, Megaman needs to return, PERIOD! Return the legend to glory through games as legendary as the games that made him....Megaman 1, 2, 7, 8, X1-X6, etc. Just return him to glory...that is all I want....until Super Smash Bros. 4. :laugh:

Just bring back the blue and the bomber and I'll be satified, even if it is his final round. As long as Megaman returns, regardless of whether he goes out or not forever after then (with a bang, like he deserves) is all I want. C'mon, Megaman's father, get a crackin' on X9, Megaman 9, or Legends 3 ALREADY! :)

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Hehe... I lol'd

Japan likes 2D the Metroids, we're lucky we got ANY Metroid Prime rep, most of it to appeal to the west anyway.

I was mad that Megaman wasn't in Brawl. I was also mad Ridley was a boss only, Isaac was an AT, and Geno was absent.

Know what I did? I got the **** over it. Be more concerned about what is in the game than what isn't, as there is a lot to bicker over in the final copy for Smash fans over.

Xanskarr

Smash Lord
Japan likes 2D the Metroids, we're lucky we got ANY Metroid Prime rep, most of it to appeal to the west anyway.

I was mad that Megaman wasn't in Brawl. I was also mad Ridley was a boss only, Isaac was an AT, and Geno was absent.

Know what I did? I got the **** over it. Be more concerned about what is in the game than what isn't, as there is a lot to bicker over in the final copy for Smash fans over.
I like you. A lot.

YellowJT

Smash Cadet
Please. Stop with this fanboyism. Megaman has appeared on Nintendo consoles more then any character that isn't Mario, Toad, Luigi, Peach, or Bowser. That's four playable characters in smash. The others haven't appeared as much on Nintendo consoles as Megaman is, PERIOD! He's as close to a Nintendo character as you can get, with AT LEAST 37 Nintendo Console Appearances, excluding the Virtual Console.
mm if you dont want other people calling you a fanboy, then id suggest not calling other people fanboys as well. despite megaman having appeared on nintendo consoles more than most, that doesnt stop the fact that he hasnt been on non-nintendo consoles more than most. megaman is one of those characters that has appeared on just about every console. (i saw this :lick: face as i was typing it and thought it was really dumb). calling megaman a nintendo character is just like calling, say, sonic a nintendo character. in other words, hes not (if you didnt make the connection).

NukeA6

Smash Master

That's how I was. I was disappointed that we would only get 5 less characters than I imagined. And then I heard that there were clones again. But then, I thought Geno would be playable after seeing a thread 'Geno Sucks!!!!!!!!!' but it wasn't true.

But it's nothing, at least I got Snake, Sonic, and most of the Melee cast as well as those who should've showed up before (Wario). Besides, I don't even own Melee anymore and haven't played a SMash Bros for a long time.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
mm if you dont want other people calling you a fanboy, then id suggest not calling other people fanboys as well. despite megaman having appeared on nintendo consoles more than most, that doesnt stop the fact that he hasnt been on non-nintendo consoles more than most. megaman is one of those characters that has appeared on just about every console. (i saw this :lick: face as i was typing it and thought it was really dumb). calling megaman a nintendo character is just like calling, say, sonic a nintendo character. in other words, hes not (if you didnt make the connection).
Megaman was born on a Nintendo console. Snake was born on the MSX2, reborn on the PSone and PS2, and Sonic was born on SEGA SYSTEMS, and was dead, but Brawl imortalized him. Megaman has appeared on Nintendo consoles more then any character that isn't in the Mario franhicse. Megaman has appeared on Nintendo consoles more then Sonic and Snake COMBINED!

The only non-Nintendo consoles Megaman has only been on th PSone, PS2, Xbox, PSP, and SEGA Saturn. Sonic was on the SEGA Genesis, SEGA Saturn, SEGA Game Gear, SEGA Dreamcast, PS2, Xbox, Xbox 360, and PS3. Snake has been on the MSX 2, PSone, PS2, Xbox, PSP, and PS3. Both Sonic and Snake have appeared on non-Nintendo consoles more number and statwise, as well as boh having appeared on non-Nintendo consoles games more then Megaman. Besides, when most Megaman fans think of Megaman, they think of Nintendo IMMEDIATELY AFTER!

If you want the proof that Sonic and Snake have appeared on more non-Nintendo games, I got it:

Megaman has appeared outside a Nintendo console less then Sonic. Megaman 8's 2 ports on the SEGA Saturn and the PSone (2). Megaman X4-X8 on the Playstation 1 and 2 (7). Megaman X: Command Mission on the PS2 (8). Megaman Anniversary Collection's PS2 and Xbox (10). Megaman Chibi on the PSP (11). Some Megaman X Collectin game on the PSP (12). Megaman Legends 1 and 2 on the PSone (14). That's almost every game Megaman has appeared on that's not on a Nintendo console, at 14.

Snake has appeared on non-Nintendo consoles in Metal Gear on the MSX 2, PC MS-DOS, and the Commodore 64 (3), Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake on the MSX 2 (4), Metal Gear Solid on the PSone (5), Metal Gear Solid Integral on the PSone (6), Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Libery on the PS2 (7), Metal Gear Solid 2: Substinance on the PS2 and Xbox (9), Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater on the PS2 (10), Metal Gear Solid 3: Substinence on the PS2 (11), Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops for the PSP (12), Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops + for the PSP (13), Metal Gear AC!D on the PSP (14), Metal Gear AC!D on the PSP (15), Dream Mix: TV FIGHTERS! [on the PS2...I think) (16) and soon Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patrios on the PS3 (17), and Metal Gear: Online on the PS3 (18). And that's not including PC and mobile phone (seriously, who calls it that! :laugh:) Metal Gear Games/Ports! >_<

Sonic the Hedgehog has appeared on non-Nintendo consoles in Sonic the Hedgehog on the SEGA Genesis and Xbox Live Arcade (2), Sonic 2 on the SEGA Genesis and SEGA Game Gear (4), Sonic 3 on the SEGA Genesis (5), Sonic & Knuckles (6), Sonic 3D on the SEGA Genesis and SEGA Saturn (8), Sonic Jam on the SEGA Saturn (9), Sonic Adventure on the SEGA Dreamcast (10), Sonic Adventure 2 on the SEGA Dreamcast (11), Sonic Mega Collection Plus on the PS2 and Xbox (13), Sonic Heroes on the Xbox and PS2 (15), Shadow the Hedgehog on the PS2 and Xbox (17), and Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) on the Xbox 360 and PS3 (19). That's more then Megaman, again WITHOUT non-console or portable gaming systems (ie: no PC, cell phone, or i-Pod ports counted).

So ya, Megaman has appeared MORE on Nintendo systems then Sonic and Snake COMBINED, and has appeared LESS on other consoles then either of them. Just trying to prove a point that Megaman is "Nintendo-ey" or "Nintendo-ish" enough to be in Smash Bros. Unlike Sonic, Megaman has a company that can actually STILL MAKE GOOD GAMES! Actually, Capcom is the best it's ever been right now, and Capcom keeps getting BETTER! Megaman, after all, has appeared on every Nintendo console to date that didn't flop (Virtual Boy), or came before his time (Game & Watch). So ya, hopefully. I have a odd feeling we'll see Megaman in one of his older forms quite soon, actually. Let us hope....and wait! :)

I was mad that Megaman wasn't in Brawl. I was also mad
Ridley was a boss only, Isaac was an AT, and Geno was absent.
First off, use the spoiler tags. This is the Spoiler-Free Forums, after all. ;)

Secondly, THIS IS NOT A JAPAN-ONLY GAME, THIS GAME IS BEING RELEASED IN ALL 6 OF THE LIVED ON CONTINENTS!

Metroid Prime has outsold the ENTIRE STAR FOX AND FIRE EMBLEM FRANCHISE! Super Metroid is overrepped, and is like 14 years old. It's not the only Metroid game. It' just 1 of 10. 4 Metroid Prime series songs. There are over A DOZEN combined Metroid and Super Metroid songs. 1 Metroid Fusion song. Metroid Prime contains 5/10 of the series' games! Metroid Prime has made about 40% of the series' sales. The original Metroid made about 50% of the series sales. Super Metroid, Metroid Fusion, and Metroid II make up only about 10% of the series sales.

Stop telling me to be happy to get 1 Metroid Prime stage, and the Metroid Prime series gets 4 songs, when Super Metroid and Metroid get 2 stages in Brawl, and over a DOZEN combined songs. Metroid and Super Metroid shouldn't be getting ALMOST ALL THE REPRESENTATION, when they are like 17 years and 20 years old. We All the 5 Metroid Prime is treated as third string games, behind Metroid and Super Metroid, that are 17 and 20 years old. THIS IS NOT A JAPAN-ONLY GAME! Nintendo and Sakurai should be appealing to ALL THE FANS, ON A INTERNATIONAL BASIS, NOT ONE COUNTRY! We shouldn't accept this, we should scould it, and demand better with the next smash game.

I've accepted everything in Brawl this as truth
(unless we get donwloadable content)
, but it doesn't mean I'll accept it as something right. Sakurai is aiming at non-gamers and the Japanese almost exclusively. This game is geared towards the typical Nintendo audience at this point (non-gamers). Which is why I probably won't get more then 1 or 2 games on the Wii after Brawl's release, because Nintendo is almost aiming SOLEY at non-gamers, and gives us long-time gamers a few games, but with little, if any replay value. Sakurai blantenly hates Metroid Prime, and that is a FACT! This isn't the fan's game sadly, this is Sakurai's game. That, is where Brawl falls short. If the most dedicated smash fans made Brawl, it would be a much better game.

Top Bottom