• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(WARNING: salty rant) Why do Dedede players insist on being desperate campers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mini_Mac

Smash Apprentice
NNID
G_Czech
Now let me clarify, I am NOT saying all Dedede players are like this. In fact, I know MANY great Dedede players where they actually play the game normally and I have fun with people like them. However, that doesnt excuse my hate for the crappy tactic of desperate inhaling on the ledge. Honestly, this is kind of going to be a nerd rant by a salty Mac player but please hear me out.

This is why I whisper to myself "oh no..." everytime I stumble upon a Dedede on FG as Little Mac (who I main) and here is why. 60% of the time when I have the advantage like I'm at 20% and Dedede is at 100%, my opponent insists on camping at the ledge doing his inhale when the game is only 2 minutes in because they know that if they manage to bait a character that has a crappy airgame and can't do anything about countering the giant inhale, they think they can clutch out the game.

Now let me clarify something else. Do not reply (if you are) and say "pick a different character if it's such a problem" because I NEVER and I will say it again... NEVER challenge the inhale. I just stay on the other side of the stage moving from left to right so the game doesnt disconnect me for idling. NOW, if you're a Dedede player, here is the issue I have with people like you if you do this. Again, I am not speaking for all Dedede players. Only the ones who are so desperate that they have to do this crap.

Quit doing this crap! seriously! What grinds my gears is that even though it is safe for Mac to not challenge the inhale and I never EVER do, I am sick of just walking/sprinting from left to right waiting out a situation for my opponent to do something else and I dont actually get better! It is honestly a waste of my time and the time of others that we could use to actually understand a certain matchup. Instead, people like me who have to deal with this crap feel like we are just stuck in training mode for 2 minutes to 3 minutes and then when we actually want to leave during a game and find someone else who is less of a scrub to play against, WE CANT without being banned for 10 minutes and it is completly and utterly unfair for people like me who just want to play the game without having to wait! Like I seriously want to walk up to a Dedede player who does this and ask them, "How the hell do you think you are getting better when you do this crap?! Smart players know to not challenge the inhale."

Seriously, this is a request to all Dedede players who rely on ledge camping to clutch out a game. QUIT WASTING PEOPLE'S TIME! It's not fair and it's not fun.

Last edited:

ExiaPilotDedede

Smash Apprentice
Now let me clarify, I am NOT saying all Dedede players are like this. In fact, I know MANY great Dedede players where they actually play the game normally and I have fun with people like them. However, that doesnt excuse my hate for the crappy tactic of desperate inhaling on the ledge. Honestly, this is kind of going to be a nerd rant by a salty Mac player but please hear me out.

This is why I whisper to myself "oh no..." everytime I stumble upon a Dedede on FG as Little Mac (who I main) and here is why. 60% of the time when I have the advantage like I'm at 20% and Dedede is at 100%, my opponent insists on camping at the ledge doing his inhale when the game is only 2 minutes in because they know that if they manage to bait a character that has a crappy airgame and can't do anything about countering the giant inhale, they think they can clutch out the game.

Now let me clarify something else. Do not reply (if you are) and say "pick a different character if it's such a problem" because I NEVER and I will say it again... NEVER challenge the inhale. I just stay on the other side of the stage moving from left to right so the game doesnt disconnect me for idling. NOW, if you're a Dedede player, here is the issue I have with people like you if you do this. Again, I am not speaking for all Dedede players. Only the ones who are so desperate that they have to do this crap.

Quit doing this crap! seriously! What grinds my gears is that even though it is safe for Mac to not challenge the inhale and I never EVER do, I am sick of just walking/sprinting from left to right waiting out a situation for my opponent to do something else and I dont actually get better! It is honestly a waste of my time and the time of others that we could use to actually understand a certain matchup. Instead, people like me who have to deal with this crap feel like we are just stuck in training mode for 2 minutes to 3 minutes and then when we actually want to leave during a game and find someone else who is less of a scrub to play against, WE CANT without being banned for 10 minutes and it is completly and utterly unfair for people like me who just want to play the game without having to wait! Like I seriously want to walk up to a Dedede player who does this and ask them, "How the hell do you think you are getting better when you do this crap?! Smart players know to not challenge the inhale."

Seriously, this is a request to all Dedede players who rely on ledge camping to clutch out a game. QUIT WASTING PEOPLE'S TIME! It's not fair and it's not fun.
If they are doing the offstage inhale at 100%, just wait till they regrab the ledge in shield (You aren't affected by wind boxes in shield, just stay a bit further from the ledge), and down smash. If they are standing on the side of the stage doing inhale, just space a side-B over it. Mac's side b can cover the distance and it hits before
the command grab actually activates. It might take a bit of practice to get the spacing right (too short you get inhaled, too long you go off the edge) but once you get it down, it should be easy to walk up and sideB. Once you break their defensive wall once, they more than likely won't do it again, and if they do, just side-B again. Actually, that's a great setup, do it once or twice, then walk up to the same spot like you are going to side-B , hestitate just slightly, then as soon as you see the inhale cancel animation (since they are expecting a side B they will probs try to shield), throw out an F-Smash. Mac is so fast, and that move has so much lag, you can probably land it before the shield comes out.

If you get camped out by gordos, just spam neutral A. You will reflect it every time

Another option on FG when they spam inhale. Just give a quick taunt or two and they will be baited into approaching.The type of people who play this way get really salty when you taunt and try to punish.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom