• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Warner Bros. Fighting Game has supposedly leaked online

Warner_Bros_Fighter.jpg

This whole thing started a couple of days ago when an alleged insider posted on the r/GamingLeaksAndRumours subreddit about a new Warner Bros. crossover fighter. Although (reasonably) dismissed as a joke at first, more insiders started to chime in and say that the game was indeed real.

Things took a somehow weirder turn when even pro Smash player Hungrybox stepped in. Hbox stated on Twitter that he also had inside info of the game relayed to him. This eventually resulted in Hbox posting a supposed screenshot of the character roster (potential spoilers in the link and in the below spoiler tag).

Hbox also uploaded a video showcasing the character roster picture, however it was taken down by Warner Bros. themselves. Only time will tell if this is actually real, but this just adds fuel to the already gigantic fire.

Credits:
Graphics: @Zerp
Social Media: @Zerp

Author's Note: I'm not getting my hopes up too high since I have a feeling this won't turn out good, but I could be wrong. Assuming this is real, what characters do you hope get added? Let us know in the comments below!

Sari

Comments

God, if only this was good and not F2P

I've always liked the idea of a platform fighter that plays into Namco-era Smash's chess-like strengths beyond the surface level those aforementioned games reside on - the "slow buildup, bombastic payoff" formula of Looney Tunes comedy would be perfect for that.

I and many others don't either. We've come to the conclusion that this furry dragon character is most likely an OC made for the game. Most likely as a mascot of some sorts.
Why would you make an OG character for a fighting game? lol

An RPG like Kingdom hearts or Project X Zone i get but its weird to me that a fighting game that focuses on popular characters beating up each other it feels weird to waste a character slot on an original character

Why would you make an OG character for a fighting game? lol

An RPG like Kingdom hearts or Project X Zone i get but its weird to me that a fighting game that focuses on popular characters beating up each other it feels weird to waste a character slot on an original character
I don't know. That's a good question. My theory is that this dragon is the reason why the game is happening and maybe they opened a gateway between worlds. Who knows? Maybe they want to try and get a story or lore for the game?

I mean, at first, I was more so thinking that it could be cool to see characters like the Iron Giant in here and maybe Tom and Jerry but then I had a bit of research and I think that the level of untapped potential here is insane.

1635386629981.png

Wow. Neo actually seems like a genuinely cool pick for this. Neat!

Then I was like, wait a second. And it dawned on me.

1635386916096.png

SO YOU'RE TELLING ME WE COULD HAVE LITERALLY ALL OF CN.

WHICH INCLUDES [ADULT SWIM].

Put it this way. Space Ghost has to get into here somehow, or at least the Aqua Teen Hunger Force.

Hate to burst everyone’s bubble but a lot of sources are saying this is gonna be a F2P mobile game and if it is it probably won’t be that good.

also come on warner bros you have the rights to mortal kombat… use them!
if it winds up actually being a free to play mobile game, i think i will actually eat a door

Maybe that green furry character with the antlers is an obscure character? I wouldn't rule out a character in a crossover is a new original character just because I never heard of him. Then again, without a name to look up, it's going to be hard to find him on the internet.

[This image has been removed in response to a report from the copyright holder.]
HBox: "That is what we call a hard confirm"

I think this might be the first Warner Bros. Fighting Game that isn’t developed by NetherRealm Studios since…ever? I might be wrong.

Last edited:
So, I don't know if i'm allowed to say this in full text but let me put in a spoiler
There are some new rumors i heard about such as the character's move output, damage percentage, stages such as finn & jake's treehouse and the shwifty planet leaked, and another one displaying some new facts for the roster.
  • Shaggy is based entirely off his Ultra Instinct Meme and is DLC
  • Finn will work similar to Steve(i'm assuming this is something related like his swords)
  • Batcave is a Batman Stage
  • Rick will shoot portals that other players can go in
  • Tom & Jerry works like Rosalina & Luma except Jerry can't get hit.
  • Characters will have costumes and the voices will change depending on what costume you change into
  • Garnet and Arya are fighters in the game
  • Lebron James is listed for DLC with Shaggy and Gandalf.
Though take this with a grain of salt in case some of these don't turn out true, though i think it's likely they'll be true.

D
Maybe that green furry character with the antlers is an obscure character? I wouldn't rule out a character in a crossover is a new original character just because I never heard of him. Then again, without a name to look up, it's going to be hard to find him on the internet.
Several leakers have confirmed it's an OC iirc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone actually watched every movie and show WB owns? That is a lot of stuff to binge watch to prove that this character doesn't exist. Not to mention that the new character could be a minor character that nobody remembers because he appeared in one episode. And leakers often get incorrect information. Then again, if that was an obscure character, I guess someone would have recognized him by now.

Has anyone actually watched every movie and show WB owns? That is a lot of stuff to binge watch to prove that this character doesn't exist. Not to mention that the new character could be a minor character that nobody remembers because he appeared in one episode. And leakers often get incorrect information. Then again, if that was an obscure character, I guess someone would have recognized him by now.
youve never heard of a database have you?

You'd need a name to search the database for. That picture isn't enough. And typing "Green monster with antlers" wouldn't give results. We need his name.
no you dont, you can browse such a thing at your own leisure and discovering things in your own way and time

By checking every link in the index? Depending on how many pages there are, and Warner Bros. would have a lot of stuff, that could be time consuming. And if you're leisurely browsing, if you don't stumble across a page by accident, that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. There would be a lot of pages on a wiki that you don't see. The only thing that proves a page does not exist would be a red link. And of course "Green Antler Monster" would be a red link if it's not his name. Nobody would make a redirect of Bugs Bunny titled "Tall Grey Anthropomorphic Rabbit" or anything. And searching through the whole wiki would probably take years to prove the character doesn't exist. If anyone was able to search through the whole site in the time it took to declare the character as a "new original character" than that site would have to be incomplete and missing a lot of information. Warner Bros. has been around since the 20's and has too many IPs, with a lot of movies, TV shows, cartoons, video games and is about as big as Disney. There's no way to search that quickly without a name.

By checking every link in the index? Depending on how many pages there are, and Warner Bros. would have a lot of stuff, that could be time consuming. And if you're leisurely browsing, if you don't stumble across a page by accident, that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. There would be a lot of pages on a wiki that you don't see. The only thing that proves a page does not exist would be a red link. And of course "Green Antler Monster" would be a red link if it's not his name. Nobody would make a redirect of Bugs Bunny titled "Tall Grey Anthropomorphic Rabbit" or anything. And searching through the whole wiki would probably take years to prove the character doesn't exist. If anyone was able to search through the whole site in the time it took to declare the character as a "new original character" than that site would have to be incomplete and missing a lot of information. Warner Bros. has been around since the 20's and has too many IPs, with a lot of movies, TV shows, cartoons, video games and is about as big as Disney. There's no way to search that quickly without a name.
no you twit you search for a character who would be in the same category as this unknown character and browse that

should the original character be the starter of sorts (which one can infer from its plush design) I think its neat they're a healer/defense type. considering how the game's a tag team fighter, having those archetypes take prominence is really intuitive.
i don't have much confidence in the game but i definitely think there's potential especially when it comes to this kinda design.

Well, we now know this character is Reindog who is the guardian of Zanifeer. Quite crazy amount of backstory for a new original character in an upcoming crossover fighter.

Why can't Smash have an original character on it's roster? And no, the Mii Fighters are not original fighters, they're Miis!

Top Bottom