• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Warmups for tourneys?

McWaffles

Still grinding to be decent.
Slippi.gg
JAKE#988
NNID
TheMcWaffles
3DS FC
2337-7097-9360
Switch FC
SW-6907-3206-1991
What/how do you guys practice or warmup for a tournament? I have one this weekend and need to prep

Sheepomg

Smash Rookie
Do what you normally do. I find that when one hasn't been practicing on a regular basis, going about some intense tournament prep routine that is totally out of character can debase usual skills. This is mostly a mental thing as unusual practice can highlight areas where one isn't prepared and make them nervous. You should have a practice routine set and implemented well before the tournament. To warm up: do some reduced version of your practice routine that covers the essentials of that routine. Its important to get your fingers moving, but not wear them down or strain them. Don't obsess over something if you normally execute it well, but aren't at the moment. Play a few different players and different charaters (dont have one player switch characters. Different person per chracter if possible) Are you going to MLG this weekend?

McWaffles

Still grinding to be decent.
Slippi.gg
JAKE#988
NNID
TheMcWaffles
3DS FC
2337-7097-9360
Switch FC
SW-6907-3206-1991
Do what you normally do. I find that when one hasn't been practicing on a regular basis, going about some intense tournament prep routine that is totally out of character can debase usual skills. This is mostly a mental thing as unusual practice can highlight areas where one isn't prepared and make them nervous. You should have a practice routine set and implemented well before the tournament. To warm up: do some reduced version of your practice routine that covers the essentials of that routine. Its important to get your fingers moving, but not wear them down or strain them. Don't obsess over something if you normally execute it well, but aren't at the moment. Play a few different players and different charaters (dont have one player switch characters. Different person per chracter if possible) Are you going to MLG this weekend?
Yes I am, and I play daily but usually just against a lvl 3 CPU practicing chain grabs and combos. What tech / other stuff do I need to practice?

JipC

Smash Journeyman
Just wondering, why did you post this in the Mario sub-board?

Sheepomg

Smash Rookie
Some tech i practice:

-Invincible waveland from ledge
-bair waveland
-upsmash out of shield
-short hop aerial out of shield with variable DI
-wavedash out of shield
-SHFFLs
-Wave dash - i spend a lot of time getting his wave dash perfect on command. Mario can cover alot of ground in 2 fast wavedashes.
-shield drop
-paltform cancel nair

Top Bottom