• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Warlocks Domain - October 22nd, Oakville, ON

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
Tourney thread (MK was banned)
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=311233

Shoutouts to R e d X, I would not have been able to run this without him. And of course, general shoutout to everyone who came, I'm looking forward to running this thing again if everyone enjoyed it.

Date: October 22nd

Where: 1410 Trafalgar Road, Oakville Ontario
Sheridan Residence Conference Room

Venue fee was $5.00 and was waived for anyone bringing full setups (TV + Wii)

Brawl Singles (16 Players) - $10.00 Entry Fee, Total Pot only $155 as I paid $5

[ Bracket Image ]

1: V115 ($93.00) :zssbrawl:
2: Ambrose ($46.50) :icsbrawl: / :gwbrawl:
3: Toronto Joe ($15.50) :falcobrawl:
4: DanDaMan :snakebrawl: / :foxbrawl:
5: Snow Shard :kirbybrawl:
5: R e d X :nessbrawl:
7: Warchamp7 :falcobrawl:
7: Chris :kirbybrawl:
9: pidgezero
9: zmx
9: Cr0wbar
9: Alex
13: Emp2
13: Kevin
13: Brandon
13: Wayne

We didn't do doubles till after Singles because I was unsure of how fast we'd get through things. Now that we've done it once, I'll be running doubles as the first event next time.

Brawl Doubles (8 Players) - $5.00 Entry Fee (Per Player)

[ Bracket Image ]

1: Amjoes (Ambrose, Toronto Joe) ($40.00)
2: InfiniteDan (InfiniteV115, DanDaMan)
3: Red Shard (R e d X, Snow Shard)
4: Cr0wbarzero (Cr0wbar, pidgezero)

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
This tourney was awesome, thanks for hosting it :) I had a really great time

Crowbar sorry I was such a bad dubs partner today :( had fun in all my matches with and aginst you though!

Red X dude I swear every tourney you go to is made even more legit by your presence, if I was an insecure straight dude this is wherre I would say no homo. Rlly enjoyed our matches, dubs was jokes

DDM thanks for offering me a ride :) gj in dubs!

V115 holy **** dude, holy ****. You kicked some serious ***

Snow shard it was great seein you again :)

Srry this so short I'm about to meet up w dom

:phone:

Cr0wbaR

Smash Apprentice
fun tourney i must say! Surprisingly some stiff competition considering not too much of the PR was there. Some people it was even there first tourney! It's ok Steph, we'll get them next time! XD

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Whose Wii/SD card was in the big tv? (The TV that was closest to the camera, the one that was used for GFs, etc)
I have quite a few games on that which I'd like to look over ;)

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
yes that was mine :)

ill try to have replays up asap but im having company over tomorrow

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
If anyone sends me replays I have a Gamebridge and can record them

Shoutouts in the morning, I've been running on 5 hours of sleep all day and can't wait to crash

Dan-Da-Man

Smash Journeyman
Shouts to V for that ****ing spike at 30% game 3, waha.
& Ambrose + Joe for beating V and I game 5 both sets :(

Also to RedX for nearly making me crap my pants as Ness somehow

GGs to all I played

I was Fox in singles too btw

Mprime

Smash Ace
Wow.

...interesting...results
I'm not supprised. Now that mk is banned joe is gna be crippled ( i feel ur pain joe ) and i've seen how good dat zzs is

Btw is there a gta tourney comming up anytime soon, i've checked tourney listings but found nothing

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
2: Ambrose ($46.50) - Oh man. INTENSE sets in GFs. G&W+ICs, DEADLY combination. Didn't know either of those MUs, but I can definitely say I learned a lot yesterday. GGs man, those were some amazing games. I'll get back to you on that offer ;)
And STOP DROPPING THOSE GRABS XD

3: Toronto Joe ($15.50) - I am SO lucky that MK was banned at this XD
You have some pretty good secondaries, but it seems like you haven't gotten in much practice with them. In any case, GGs, those were some ****ing exhausting games in LFs.

4: DanDaMan - I GOT SO LUCKY WITH THAT GIMP LMAO
GGs man. You definitely would have won if I didn't get that gimp. And thanks for the ride!

5: Snow Shard - You were a much bigger challenge than I had expected, I thought you were a noob LOL. I look forward to playing you again in tourney.

5: R e d X - Your Ness is ****ing AMAZING dude. I definitely want to play you again. MM next time we meet?
And LOL dat bait :troll:

7: Warchamp7 - You run one hell of a tourney dude, it's a shame there was such a low tournout. Bracket on the projector like 95% of the time, Unity Ruleset print-outs at every table..THAT'S SOME PROFESSIONAL ****. And it was sooooo chill too. I'll definitely try my hardest come to any other tournies you host.
Oh, would you mind changing my name from 'infiniteV115' to simply 'V115'? Thanks.

9: pidgezero - Lol at the Ness shirt. Oh and it turns out you probably could have gotten a ride from DDM, we left at like 9:15. But that means you would have caught the 10:22, so idk.

9: Cr0wbar - GGs.

13: Emp2 - GGs.

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
actually... if you guys want me to upload vids im gonna need some new recording software

i already have a USB device that feeds my tv video/audio into a usb port, can any of you guys recommend decently-priced software that'll let me record unlimited on a 16:9 tv?

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
VirtualDub. It's free

SHOUTOUTS

1: V115 ($93.00) - Dude, good **** at this tourney. Leaving the scene and coming back to a ZSS as good as yours was mind boggling. I still fear having to face you at any tournies cause I just don't know how to deal with that match up. I appreciate the compliments about the tourny as well, means a lot.

2: Ambrose ($46.50) - Was not expecting to see you here haha. Good to see you're as good as ever, rough that you were dropping grabs though. If you could have got that down I have no doubts you would have won this ****. Beastly G&W too

3: Toronto Joe ($15.50) - Well aside from you getting lost like a scrub, was good seeing you come out to this ;). Definitely made me feel good about my Falco during our friendly dittos. Use more lasers though!

4: DanDaMan - Great stuff man, that match was indeed a heartbreaker, this tourney might have ended much differently if you won that game. Glad I didn't have to fight your Snake during this. Gotta do friendlies next time.

5: Snow Shard - Dude I had your kirby on lockdown, hate you so much for switching to Snake. Next tourny it's not gonna work out so well for you. At least I never lost to Ultra

5: R e d X - Your Ness is crazy as ever man, you were demolishing me in our friendlies. You keep up the practice and you'll be wrecking tournies left and right. I have no doubts. Big shoutouts to you for the power cables and stuff too, this event would not have happened with out you.

9: pidgezero - I hate you forever for taking me to Rainbow Cruise. I was legitimately worried during our third game. In fact, I was so zoned in during our games I scared off my three friends cause they thought I was angry at them when I was talking to them during out match.

9: Cr0wbar - You gotta learn to harness the power of the hat a little more, after that you will be set. Wish we would have had some friendlies but I was so zoned out whenever I wasn't playing a bracket match.

Thanks again to everyone for coming out, hope you had a blast and I look forward to WD2.

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
this was me irl yesterday during every counterpick:

:troll: :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll:

Mprime

Smash Ace
Here's that heartbreaking loser semis set vs V:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=iIfU2Vo1R6k

And Mprime.. ehh, tbh I think MK was holding you back,
http://youtube.com/watch?v=9m77B1oJjAA
I personally found some of your other characters to be better (against me)
mk was not holding me back trust me and it's ok a have a pikachu ready for you.

P.S. that was a very bad day for me I spent the whole tourney worrying about getting fired from work because I called in sick to go to that tourney (i call in sick to much :p)

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
mk was not holding me back trust me and it's ok a have a pikachu ready for you.

P.S. that was a very bad day for me I spent the whole tourney worrying about getting fired from work because I called in sick to go to that tourney (i call in sick to much :p)

Dye Rhyme's hair Blonde.
Have him slouch a lot.
Problem solved.

R e d X

Smash Journeyman
1: V115 - Good **** on takin 1st, we defs gotta play more friendlies next time the one we had was great. Dat bait lol. And you better learn dat Ness matchup cause I'm comin for you next time!
2: Ambrose - Good set, no johns bout our set you won fair and square. Good **** on 2nd
3: Toronto Joe - Fun friendlies, but damn that grab release lol. So bad. Wanna play some more with you next time. Gratz on 3rd.
4: DanDaMan - Great set in singles, wish we saved that it'd have been great to have. We gotta play some friendlies next time.
5: Snow Shard - We must go to Denny's more often. Excellent suggestion. And I'd make some sort of comment about Ultra or somethin but I'm sure you have enough shame without me bringing it up here too.
5: R e d X - Why do you play such a crappy character? And stop getting grab released.
7: Warchamp7 - Great tourney, fun friendlies after and an evening of making fun of Shard over dinner. All in all a great day.
7: Chris - Great Kirby man, I defs encourage you to come out more often, you did much better than I thought given it was your first tourney, and with Kirby no less!
9: pidgezero - Thanks :) though I think it's just that Ness is so legit that he scares everyone. Also, stop paying attention. Your gameplay improves by about 300%. Fun friendlies and an amazing dubs set lol. Super Mario RPG ftw!
9: zmx - Great to finally meet you in person after so much online play lol. Hope you come out to GTA tournies more often, it'll help you improve vastly though you're already pretty good.
9: Cr0wbar - Keep workin on dat diddy. I still believe you could be a real powerhouse with some hard work. Amazing dubs set.
9: Alex - Glad to see you finally came out to one of these even if you did have to face me and DDM pretty much right away. Keep puttin in the work and you'll see the results.
13: Emp2 - Don't think we met, hopefully we can play next time.
13: Kevin - Shame about your first round match. But don't kid yourself, you've improved a scary amount in the past month of so. Keep up the depressed Yoshi!
13: Brandon - The Zelda main if I recall? Quite good for a Zelda, shame she sucks so much. Hope to see you out here again reppin that H tier!
13: Wayne - Don't think we met, hopefully we can play next time.

Another step in my journey to prove that, bad as he is, Ness is not free!

Seriously though, ggs to everyone I played, especially the new faces, I love seeing new people on the scene and I hope you guys come out again sometime! Had a great time and can't wait for WD2!

xDFAx

Smash Rookie
Great games to everyone I've played, I definitely need to come more often.
My only experience up till now was just playing against cpus and having to deal with latency issues online.

It was fun finally being able to face good players and I really thought I'd do a lot worse for my first tournament.

Red X: Nice job baiting out my back aerial kicks with your grab. I'll have to work around that for next time. And it was very fun teaming with you for those double friendly matches we played. :) Very nice ness overall.

Toronto Joe: Great games, man. It's a shame I had to face you for my first match lol, I wish I hadn't gone snake on our last fight. Your Falco was pretty awesome and you came close to winning the tournament. I hope I run into you in a future tournament sometime.

I played some other good players but I don't know their names unfortunately. :(

I didn't use the name DFA there so I thought I should mention that this is chris posting btw.

Snow Shard

Smash Journeyman
Shoutouts: (As usual... they are long)

V115: I've never played a pro ZSS EVER, I knew u were coming AND I DIDNT STUDY THE MATCHUP (I is stupid)... u DESTROYED ME FIRST GAME... i know ur good, but i was legitimately embaressed lmao. Second game I knew what to expect a slight more, but WTF ur ZSS is SOOOOOO GOOOOOD!!! Thanks for saying im not a complete noob tho, great match in dubs, your a nice guy and fun to play :)

Ambrose: From what i saw... if your ICs had the chaingrab down, you probably would have won this. Also sweet GaW... i took notes lol. Wish i could have had some friendies with u.

TO Joe: Didn't get to face you, but I'm glad you came out, Ur MK is BEAST, but your secondaries are no joke either, they looked really good when i was watching. Next time lets have some friendlies :)

DDM: You are ALOT better than i remember... i hate the Kirby-snake matchup... good games man, and fun friendlies early on.

Red X: Remember how we played Kirby vs Ness for like 5 years straight thinking both characters were just as good... only once you started bringing your Ness to these tournies have a realized... you USE Ness... and i've never been so scarred of little boys. :O Fun stuff at Dennies btw, WTF is with all these stabs at me lol.

Warchamp7: Played your Falco last month in friendlies i won 95% of our games... but YESTERDAY, you bested my Kirby on FD, so i played smart. I counterpicked you to PS1 for a win, then switched to snake game three cuz i knew Kirby's my best, you beat it fair and square it, ROBs my second... hahaha ROB vs Falco = **** NO, and snake's my third best. Your shots at Dennies is vengeance ne ways :p ALSO, NICE tourny man, lets make people understand Oakville is not full of noobs :D

Chris: As a Kirby main i can safely say, your Kirby is GOOD! once you get your spacing down, and come out to more tournies you will become a good player. Use smashboards man.

Pidgezero: You improve all the time, nice to see you and meet you when your voice isnt dead lol... also... I heard you say your going Ness all the time over Kirby... :| come on your Kirby is not bad, just keep practicing :)

ZMX: Your snake is good man, keep coming to tournies and you'll get better, if you keep playing R E D X online youll prolly become good soon lmao... Look forward to facing you again, fun friendlies btw.

Cr0wbar: Why do i have so much troubles with your Diddy... I've heard you had rough tourny pathes, but keep practicing and dont give up, your not THAT bad.

Alex: Glad to see you finally made it out to a tourny man, you got R E D X and I down the street... just saying, i know its stressful and frustrating fighting us, and any other good player, but doing it will make you better, keep at it.

Emp2 - Don't think we met, next time, its a friendly community who would enjoy helping you improve, so keep coming out.

Kevin: Dude, you have improved AND FAST, if you keep going to R E D X's house, youll get SOOO much better. NEXT time, im not gonna take you so lightly when i face you with my snake so watch out! :D

Brandon: I heard there was a decent Zelda here, come to the next tournament so I can see this... consider picking up a secondary thats not considered the second worst character in the game tho.

Wayne: Its a nice community, so if you really care enough about the game, research some stuff on this sight, come out to more tournies and youll get better. Pikachu is a good character to use so keep at it.

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Pidgezero: You improve all the time, nice to see you and meet you when your voice isnt dead lol... also... I heard you say your going Ness all the time over Kirby... :| come on your Kirby is not bad, just keep practicing :)
Lol when did I say that? I use them about equally now to be quite honest!

Thanks for the kind words everybody. :) I'm trying!

zmx

Smash Lord
Extremely late shoutouts!

Anyways first off shoutout to everybody that organized and ran the tournament. I don't know everyone involved so I'd rather not name names in fear of missing people out.

Specific Shoutouts:

Snow Shard: Great Kirby and your Game and watch was fun to play as well. I had a great time. I'll try to get a lot better by the time of the next tourny.

Kevin: I find it impressive you can use what I personally find a very limited character that well. On top of not even having a wii!! I still can't believe you got good that fast though Red X no doubt is a great mentor. If and when you get a wii be sure to post here. I'd love to play with you online.

Red X: I woudn't have even known about the tournament if it weren't for you. It was great to finally meet you in RL. You are a pretty friendly guy. I think the smash scene would be a lot bigger if more guys like you were around, promoting the game and encouraging new players.

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Sorry for the lateness guys, ill post gfs tomorrow night. Not been home much lately.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Im new to Brawl, and I completely missed this :(

I go to Sheridan too! Why didn't I see the posters?? :(
Warchamp says he might end up hosting another tourney (and he goes to Sheridan as well), and I'm assuming it'll be at Sheridan again, but I'm not sure. Keep an eye out, and perhaps pm Warchamp personally so you can make any upcoming tournies ;)

Riku_u

Smash Rookie
I am actually doing a mini tourney with friends(Who are all noobs) on sunday at my oakville home. If anyone is interested in watching and possibly teaching you can PM me, specially if you live nearby :)

You'll be called Master Jedi.

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
^ i suck hardcore can i participate?!?!?!?!?!

jk i dont know how to get around oakville

ps probably posting GFs tonight if i can figure out how to do anything with my computer herp derp

Riku_u

Smash Rookie
^ i suck hardcore can i participate?!?!?!?!?!

jk i dont know how to get around oakville

ps probably posting GFs tonight if i can figure out how to do anything with my computer herp derp
I wouldnt mind picking you up at the go station, if thats the case.

R e d X

Smash Journeyman
I am actually doing a mini tourney with friends(Who are all noobs) on sunday at my oakville home. If anyone is interested in watching and possibly teaching you can PM me, specially if you live nearby :)

You'll be called Master Jedi.
Master Jedi lol. I'd be happy to help you guys out/teach you a bit seeing as how I'm in Oakville and I might have some time Sunday. Where you live and when's this at?

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
I wouldnt mind picking you up at the go station, if thats the case.
awwww thanks, thats really nice of you :) wouldnt wanna inconvenience you tho, i can prob figure the transit out.

what time are you thinking of running it? i'll prob go if red x goes (no pressure lol ;p)

ps im recording vids from saturday but they look really bad... y i am suck at videos? (using virtualdub and dscaler)

R e d X

Smash Journeyman
what time are you thinking of running it? i'll prob go if red x goes (no pressure lol ;p)

ps im recording vids from saturday but they look really bad... y i am suck at videos? (using virtualdub and dscaler)
Would be great to see you there if I can make it, if there's dubs we can go dual Ness!

And don't worry I suck at computers in general. It's pretty much agreed upon by my friends that I'm computer retarted (except with Excel and Word!)

Top Bottom