• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario's Week 10 Matchup: Ice Climbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Padô

Smash Lord
I know this has been a Commander Blitzkrieg job. BUT, we are a little late compared to other boards in terms of "Match-Ups" since they are already rediscussing all of em and we, fat, ripped and lazy Warios are disccusing the first ones.

As Commander said, enjoy your Summer vacation, we Warios did it and now back to work :laugh:

ICE CLIMBERS

(Put this in "magenta" coz I think Infinites are really gay)

This matchup is REALLY stage dependant like the DDD matchup.

Platforms are VERY friendly here Warios should use'em VERY wisely, SH options are dangerous because of their grabs so does laggy aerials and grounded options.

FSmash, Bite and Grabs won't be so useful as they are on other matchups so be aware of using it too much.

Dair is awesome in this matchup if autocanceled correctly and landed on ICs back avoiding sucky Infinites.

Just hunt Nana down, and this will be a peice of cake. Dair shield pokes Nana most of the time, if it does gimp her.

DISCUSS.

Quik17

Smash Ace
FSmash, Bite and Grabs won't be so useful as they are on other matchups so be aware of using it too much.
Actually, Bite can come in handy in this matchup quite a bit. When your used up both your jumps and your falling to the ground with the ICs chasing you for a grab, pretty much your only option is to bite one of them. You'll probably take a smash to the face but it's much better than them getting a grab off on you.

Also, never waste your fart because it's pretty much a free kill on Nana most of the time.

I also find b-air to be pretty useful in this matchup when the ICs are offstage to edge guard them.

Edit: Forgot something. I think this is pretty much common knowledge when facing the ICs, but I'll post it anyways in case someone doesn't know cause it is pretty useful. When the ICs are split up and on opposite sides of the stage, Nana will always run straight to Popo without jumping blocking or anything just run straight to Popo. This can lead into a fully charged F-smash or an extremely easy fart opportunity if you have one.

Padô

Smash Lord
PX I'll just ask on the Q&A

If you want to quote some of your conversation it will be very nice, but I think its better for our board to have the conversation here for further questions.

Actually, Bite can come in handy in this matchup quite a bit. When your used up both your jumps and your falling to the ground with the ICs chasing you for a grab, pretty much your only option is to bite one of them. You'll probably take a smash to the face but it's much better than them getting a grab off on you.

Also, never waste your fart because it's pretty much a free kill on Nana most of the time.

I also find b-air to be pretty useful in this matchup when the ICs are offstage to edge guard them.

Edit: Forgot something. I think this is pretty much common knowledge when facing the ICs, but I'll post it anyways in case someone doesn't know cause it is pretty useful. When the ICs are split up and on opposite sides of the stage, Nana will always run straight to Popo without jumping blocking or anything just run straight to Popo. This can lead into a fully charged F-smash or an extremely easy fart opportunity if you have one.
Wow quik... The bite part was REALLY smart never thought of that before.

Bair is an EXCELLENT option in all matches IMO

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Bair isn't that hot against these guys when they're grounded, they have a really good vertical grab range for their height and can grab you out of it. It's awesome if they're airborne, though, and beats out Side B which is awesome.

To add more to the bite thing, if I'm close range and I grab I try to pummel so that the other one gets pushed back, and then I bthrow/uthrow. Or I'll do a fthrow to get smashed instead of eating a grab.

Padô

Smash Lord
Bair isn't that hot against these guys when they're grounded, they have a really good vertical grab range for their height and can grab you out of it. It's awesome if they're airborne, though, and beats out Side B which is awesome.

To add more to the bite thing, if I'm close range and I grab I try to pummel so that the other one gets pushed back, and then I bthrow/uthrow. Or I'll do a fthrow to get smashed instead of eating a grab.
Both option are good, it'd be awesome if we vary during the game

hunger!

Smash Champion
dthrow separates them. forget about popo after the dthrow. it's a free like...triple nair on nana to simple edge guard.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
They can hit you out of dthrow with like anything that's properly spaced though, and then nana is right next to you and you get grab *****. If you grab them, bthrow and uthrow are really the only SAFE options. Fthrow takes too long, and dthrow does as well, plus if it gets interrupted, it's gg stock.

Padô

Smash Lord
dthrow separates them. forget about popo after the dthrow. it's a free like...triple nair on nana to simple edge guard.
I really think that Uthrow will be much more effective here, because it separate them AND if its nana you can easily juggle itwith Uair because nana on brawl is really STUPID, If you UThrow popo you can fsmash nana or grab her...

By the way Dthrowing is really risky since it leaves your oponnent on the ground which is IC's BFF (BEST FRIEND FOREVER, oh how cute!11!)

So guys any numbers yet?

Gichan

Smash Champion
I'd say it is 50-50 for us, if not in our favour. We **** ICs in many ways. When they desync we can easily smoke them with a full hop fast fall dair. We're annoying, cause we can stay in the air. And although we can't separate them that easily, when we do, they get destroyed. We also have the waft to kil nana pretty **** early.

This is my opinion, 50-50 or 60-40 for us. I'm not one to throw numbers in our favour all the time, but it just seems that in this matchup, it really is in our favour due to our resources to destroy them. I have maannyy ICs in my region (Eastern Canada, we have like 5-6 ICs players including Ambrose) and I have an easier time with all of them compared to most.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
On many occasions has Hylian uttered the words "I hate this matchup." Just the other day he also was like "it's so gay, you just need to hit me and I die :D Nana sucks ^_^

r3d d09

Smash Master
I'd say watch out for desynced stuff. blizz wall, some ledge techniques and stuff.
kill nana asap, but be cautious. one grab=down 1 stock. and with grab release, we have two hands grabbing ;)

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I'd say watch out for desynced stuff. blizz wall, some ledge techniques and stuff.
kill nana asap, but be cautious. one grab=down 1 stock. and with grab release, we have two hands grabbing ;)
You can't regrab us out of grab release unless you catch us during our footstool animation of one of the ICs. Also, Blizz Wall is a free punish for us.

r3d d09

Smash Master
I'm not the best ic on the boards, and i don't know this match up. but playing both players i can see what would be annoying. i'd try to stay in the air. your air maneuverability owns.
Use your bike. I believe the you shouldn't get knocked off from our moves. but be cautious. don't get grabbed.

Padô

Smash Lord
Thanks for the help anyways r3d.

1 Day left of discussion.

Requesting numbers.

This post will be used to determine which veredict we are putting on the Official Matchup Chart. This will be decided by number of votes on each veredict.

Remembering that anyone can post it's own opinion about the numbers then, I'll be editing here.

Padô, PhantomX votes:
55-45 on Neutrals
60-40 on CPs (+Gichan)

Mood4food77 votes:
50-50 (+Gichan)
40-60 FD

Padô

Smash Lord
Well, since we got very few people sharing their knowledge im extending this till monday.

NEXT MATCHUP DISCUSSION:

R.O.B

TheMike

Smash Lord
if u guys will really discuss ROB, i can contact the ROB Boards to help
also, hi Padô =D

stoopdklutz

Smash Journeyman
My sister is a decent Wario main for her age ( 10 xD) and she wants me to say some tips:

-Don't get grabbed
- Play less aggressive and conservatively
- seperate them, kill Nana

well it's common knowledge, but she wanted me to say it.

Padô

Smash Lord
Fixed Gi =)

Time Up!

Veredict by majority of votes:

55-45 Neutrals
60-40 CPs

RESULTS MIGHT BE CHANGED AFTER REDISCUSSION!

LOE1

Smash Lord
im still not the best at approaching ic. if you miss just one aerial and land on the ground, instant death. the only ic i play just camps me and wait for me to approach, then pivot grabs. this is meh worst mu actually. any advice on campy ic thats willing to go into a time out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom