• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario's Matchups - Free discussion!

Zmorris94

Smash Cadet
Haven't come across a jiggly here in SoCal, but I feel like both sides probably have to be pretty careful in neutral

Kerfuffle

Smash Apprentice
I think Wario loses the MU, but not too bad. Biggest piece of advice is space it like street fighter. Don't stay so far away from him that he can throw projectiles for free, but don't stay so close that he can grab you at max range tether. Either he approaches you and you punish him, or he throws a projectile and you can nair through it or hit him before it comes out. If you get a grab, use it to force him off stage if he's above like, 40%. Tinks recovery is bad unless he bomb jumps, which deals damage to him anyway so who cares. Just grab that ledge and try and invincible nair his up b or punish the tether. You pretty much just have to straight up out play him. Abuse his bad recovery and don't give him stage control and he's very manageable

Kneato

Totoro Joe
Matchup from :wario:'s Perspective (+3 has Wario winning)

+3::bowser2:
+2::ness2::kirby2::squirtle::jigglypuff::pit:
+1::pikachu2::charizard::olimar:
:ganondorf::dedede::dk2::zelda:
0::lucas::gw::link2::rob::luigi2:
-1::wolf::roypm::sheik::peach::mario2::sonic::ike::zerosuitsamus::ivysaur::popo::yoshi2:
-2::falco::metaknight::marth::mewtwopm::samus2::falcon::lucario:
-3::toonlink::fox:

?: :snake:

What do you guys think? Anything wildly inaccurate? What about the unknown matchups?

Not my opinion. This is for updating the (outdated) community matchup chart.

Zmorris94

Smash Cadet
Marth mu is even, Wario absolutely DESTROYS Falco, Mario is also even

Last edited:

Zmorris94

Smash Cadet
Marth mu is tricky but just requires baiting out. But if not even just slightly in Marth's favor. As for Falco, it's literally one of the easiest mu, force Falco to approach you. Once you have the opening, grab him and throw him offstage and from there pretty much anything will gimp. Bair, nair, dair (if you read hard enough) and fair at a high percent. Hell even side b can do it if you're lazy, but that move can back fire if not lined up correctly I'm on mobile so it'd be a pain to link it, but look on YouTube for Sosa vs. Rcizzle on socalpm. It's a perfect example of how to handle Falco.

Last edited:

Anime

Smash Journeyman
Marth mu is tricky but just requires baiting out. But if not even just slightly in Marth's favor. As for Falco, it's literally one of the easiest mu, force Falco to approach you. Once you have the opening, grab him and throw him offstage and from there pretty much anything will gimp. Bair, nair, dair (if you read hard enough) and fair at a high percent. Hell even side b can do it if you're lazy, but that move can back fire if not lined up correctly I'm on mobile so it'd be a pain to link it, but look on YouTube for Sosa vs. Rcizzle on socalpm. It's a perfect example of how to handle Falco.
Bruh, I've seen their games. Sosa is good. There is no good way to make Falco approach you. Lasers makes it so. Couple that with Falco's great combo game on Wario and how good falco/fox nair shine is on Wario and that match-up is far from easy. Edgeguarding them is free, but so is it for everyone else. And with Marth, the main problem with that mu is he's so hard to get him to commit because of how noncommittal his neutral should be vs Wario. It sounds like you just play against bad mains for these characters.

Zmorris94

Smash Cadet
Falco's lasers can be annoying but with Wario's air movement makes it easier and if you make good use of shielding they're beatable because you know that's what they want to do, as for shine, once you learn how to deal with shine pressure it's hard for Falco to get a combo started. Also Wario has chain grabs on Falco which you can get started and lead to waft. I've talked to Sosa a lot about this mu and he thinks the same about Falco. With Marth, yeah trying to get Marth to go can be difficult but getting past neutral against Marth is doable. I wouldn't say Wario is -2 against him though, I could settle for -1 since if you do **** up it can brutal.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I would say that wario marginally beats falco. He also loses marginally to snake and notably to marth.
Lol @ wario beating squirtle. Unless the squirtle gets down smashed randomly for no reason there's basically no axis in which wario can interact with squirtle.

Last edited:

Anime

Smash Journeyman
Make sure your punish game is on point. If they are overusing cc, yolo bite can work. Sour spot up-air to footstool them if you feel saucy. That's all I got.

Zmorris94

Smash Cadet
Make sure your punish game is on point. If they are overusing cc, yolo bite can work. Sour spot up-air to footstool them if you feel saucy. That's all I got.
Thank you, what's the best way to edgeguard? Just snatch ledge?

Matasd

Smash Cadet
Uh i have the most success edge guarding sword characters like ike or roy by hax dashing or jump up fastfall down to regrab ledge. Also since roy is gonna die from basically any move off stage you can do things like tourney winner drift back fast fall nair and if it connects hes dead.

Zmorris94

Smash Cadet
Uh i have the most success edge guarding sword characters like ike or roy by hax dashing or jump up fastfall down to regrab ledge. Also since roy is gonna die from basically any move off stage you can do things like tourney winner drift back fast fall nair and if it connects hes dead.
Thanks for the insight! Really appreciate it

Froggerka

Smash Cadet
I'm having a lot of trouble with Snake lately, and I have a tournament coming up in a few weeks so I need to smooth out his MU, any strategy to beat him easier?

Also can you eat his mine? :3

Anime

Smash Journeyman
You can't eat the mine, but you can roll over it, or if it's near the ledge, tournament winner to blow it up.

Matasd

Smash Cadet
Perfect ledge dash also beats mine, and if its just randomly on stage you can run up ad shield to blow it up. Uh spaced bair helps a good amount in neutral. Also be sure to keep watch of how the snake likes to recover, you can rack up a large amount of percent as they try and recover using bair and nair and such. Also if they use the sticky to recover if you cover the walljump edge guarding him gets a lot easier as well.

Froggerka

Smash Cadet
You can't eat the mine, but you can roll over it, or if it's near the ledge, tournament winner to blow it up.
Aww. Rolling sounds good to me though, if I get caught in his dthrow > down B thing, it's really annoying.

Perfect ledge dash also beats mine, and if its just randomly on stage you can run up ad shield to blow it up. Uh spaced bair helps a good amount in neutral. Also be sure to keep watch of how the snake likes to recover, you can rack up a large amount of percent as they try and recover using bair and nair and such. Also if they use the sticky to recover if you cover the walljump edge guarding him gets a lot easier as well.
I think you can down air his recovery if you're careful, I just do it too early and get caught by the electricity, so edgehogging might be a better option for me.

Sorry for the late reply!

Last edited:

Matasd

Smash Cadet
Down airing his recovery is pretty hard with cypher youd have to use invincibility to duck under it, id rather use nair or fair or something to get below cypher

Top Bottom