• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario's Frame Data [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roots

Smash Cadet
Since when did Wario's Usmash have the same amount of endlag as his Fsmash O_O

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
It's 8 frames faster.

Also I learnt today that eating things that heal you decreases fart timer. I'll check into this today.

Interestingly I would probably say Wario's frame data is mediocre but that air speed alongside with his accel and decel makes it a lot better than it should be.

Edit: Eating something that heals you shaves off 1.5 seconds.

Last edited:

Rakurai

Smash Ace
I never realized just how bad Wario's forward smash is until actually seeing the frame data on it.

The speed is below average, damage and knockback only slightly above average, and the endlag is almost as bad as that of the forward smashes on the true heavies like Bowser and Charizard, despite not packing nearly as much power.

I hope they realize this and reduce the FAF frames to be in the high 40s or so like most smashes of its strength.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I never realized just how bad Wario's forward smash is until actually seeing the frame data on it.

The speed is below average, damage and knockback only slightly above average, and the endlag is almost as bad as that of the forward smashes on the true heavies like Bowser and Charizard, despite not packing nearly as much power.

I hope they realize this and reduce the FAF frames to be in the high 40s or so like most smashes of its strength.
Hate to burst your bubble here but its strength is almost as strong as Ike's late hit fsmash and it is stronger than his early hit fsmash.

Last edited:

Rakurai

Smash Ace
If we're using the strength of Mario's forward smash as the average, it's not that impressive, as it kills at 45% fully charged (On a Mario at the 3DS FD starting position) vs. Mario's 50%. Ike's late hit forward smash kills at 32%.

It tends to have a mild range or speed advantage over smashes of similar strength, but loses horribly in terms of endlag, which is still disproportionately large compared to characters like Ness, Dr. Mario, and Villager, who have noticeably stronger forward smashes.

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
The numbers are going to be closer together when comparing charged smash attacks.

It's also worth noting the stats of the other fsmash attacks you're trying to compare it with:

Character | Hit frame | FAF | Damage | BKB/KBG
Dr. Mario | 15 | 48 | 19 | 25/96
Ness | 21 | 55 | 18/20/22 | 70/67
Villager | 20, 25 | 50 | 15, 17 | 70/100
Wario | 18 | 66 | 19 | 20/99

Last edited:

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
1.5 seconds charged on each item eaten? That's good to know; I thought that eating multiple items with one Neutral-B (which Wario is capable of doing in Smash 4) caused a multiplier of some sort and that a single item was one second, but that makes more sense.

Do big items charge it more, such as Wario's Bike or a Crate?

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
1.5 seconds charged on each item eaten? That's good to know; I thought that eating multiple items with one Neutral-B (which Wario is capable of doing in Smash 4) caused a multiplier of some sort and that a single item was one second, but that makes more sense.

Do big items charge it more, such as Wario's Bike or a Crate?
I think it's just items that heal you, and they all take off 90 frames.

Last edited:

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Are you positive that Corkscrew leaves no gaps in hitboxes between linking hits?

Also, would you happen to know the minimum number of active frames Neutral-B has?

Axel311

Smash Ace
NNID
axel311
I must say I'm fairly happy with Wario's frame data. The only thing that really bugs me is the startup lag on Upsmash. If I'm reading the chart right it comes out frame 11. I wish it came out a few frames earlier so it was equivalent to Fox's Usmash, which according to these charts appears to come out 3 frames earlier. It would help getting the kill with Wario alot when you wiff your waft. That's really my only issue with Wario. You have to get a read to get the kill if you miss the waft.

The Fsmash and Dsmash being so bad I sort of understand for balance reasons. I still think the endlag on Dsmash is excessive though. I don't see any reason it has to be THAT bad. 68 endlag frame according to that chart. I'm assuming FAF on that chart is the endlag frames (can't find a glossary for these abbreviations on that site, so I'm guessing as to what many of the numbers stand for).

Last edited:

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
FAF is "first actionable frame." If D-Smash hits on Frame 8-36, FAF of 68 means it has 31 frames of endlag.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I must say I'm fairly happy with Wario's frame data. The only thing that really bugs me is the startup lag on Upsmash. If I'm reading the chart right it comes out frame 11. I wish it came out a few frames earlier so it was equivalent to Fox's Usmash, which according to these charts appears to come out 3 frames earlier. It would help getting the kill with Wario alot when you wiff your waft. That's really my only issue with Wario. You have to get a read to get the kill if you miss the waft.

The Fsmash and Dsmash being so bad I sort of understand for balance reasons. I still think the endlag on Dsmash is excessive though. I don't see any reason it has to be THAT bad. 68 endlag frame according to that chart. I'm assuming FAF on that chart is the endlag frames (can't find a glossary for these abbreviations on that site, so I'm guessing as to what many of the numbers stand for).
There's literally a link to the glossary in the header. :secretkpop:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom