• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario's Chopper: The Guide to All Things Bike (Coming soon!)

Lord Chair

Smash Master
I don't think its frame advantage really comes from excessive amounts of hitstun, but rather the fact that the **** thing forces your opponent in just those dead frames right about the ground.

Makes no difference though, result is the same: free damage.

Blue Rogue

Smash Ace
NNID
ValiantVyse
3DS FC
4527-9345-8740
Yeah, I wanted to know the max i can get out of it though
fart/grab/fsmash/nair?

AdmiralStarshade

Smash Rookie
On Yoshi's Island, if you get your bike on the very edge and throw it downwards with a c-stick throw, it will bounce off at a sharp angle towards the bottom left/right hand corner.

At that trajectory, you can potentially hit low recovering opponents.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Will this include frame data for bike/tires?

If you need help testing for any sort of frame testing, I'm willing to lend my services to this project. Just let me know.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Krys has been busy with school, and now the BBR. I'm sure he'll get around to this eventually.

If you're absolutely dying to ask a particular question about the bike, I'm sure Krys wouldn't mind you asking him sometime.

He seems cool enough. :p

B.Mack

Smash Ace
this thread really does need a bump...
can we get damage%'s for bike/tires, a link to Dyno's up and coming tiire combos video etc.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
this thread really does need a bump...
can we get damage%'s for bike/tires, a link to Dyno's up and coming tiire combos video etc.
What?

Tire combo video?

I was gonna try to make a trick video showing what i think are helpful tricks.

LOL tire combo video sounds pretty awesome tbh. :awesome:

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Gaaah i shouldnt have said anything...

Anyways I guess I can attempt to work over an update with some more content soon (like this week soon, maybe recent stuff as well?)...

As for percents, that shouldn't be too hard, but I'll have to do it with pen and paper when I'm alone tonight, or do it when my laptop arrives to make it easier.

Edit: also, bike questions are fun, ask away, I'll be honest if I know the answer or not and do my best :) Might even put a FAQ section for lolz.

Thanks Zig.

DeLux

I'd really like to see the frame data for throwing the bike (are any of the throws faster than the others? less cooldown on any? is it character dependent?)
I can look into the frame stuff after I finish my other projects I'm working on. Which might be awhile since I'm working on a fairly lengthy one.

Ask me about my Secret Technique
data should be the same as throwing crates/barrells/whatever

Also, no mention of the Forbidden Technique? ):
If noone else will, I'll bite. I am asking about your secret technique. And mentioning your forbidden technique, but don't know what it is. Are they synonymous?

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Question on frames:

Can you essentially check frames through brawlbox and the FitMotion packs or whatever per each character's moves? I ask this from you Lux; how do you about doing it?

DeLux

Probably? I'm personally more comfortable doing it the old fashioned way and frame testing. There have been a few examples of conflicting data from OSA and what actually happens. So I typically find actually frame testing safer.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Okay, so what I will mean to ask is this then; how DO you frame test?

I ask because I want to know if I can even do this.

DeLux

Oh, if you've hacked your wii to load RSBE codes it's easy. You need to add the debug pause/frame advance codes. If you need them let me know.

Then I set up 3 controllers. One controls the frames, the other for controlling inputs for the two characters I'm testing on.

They are a whole bunch of little things you can do to find IASA's but that's after you get setup.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
To test frames, can't you just record footage with a capture card, import the footage into a nonlinear editing system, and manually count the frames?

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
I have a tidbit of info that might be helpful to y'all. It's a simple thing really, and it involves a tire. If you jump and throw the tire forward (it hits the opponent), you can then combo that into a Fair and regrab the tire with your fair. This is a great little poke, and you can do it from really long range! Great for edgeguarding, can be used effectively onstage as well as a long range punish.

I call this... Tire Poking.

B.Mack

Smash Ace
it doesnt deserve a name.

I call it... Pointless Pwneroni Named Tech #53
or PPNT53

<3

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Lol xD yeah but this one actually makes sense! Using a tire to land a poke? Tire poking? I thought about calling it "Rubber Footing", but I figured I should start giving things more sensical names haha.

DeLux

It's too bad the Wario boards don't have huge egos like all the Ice Climbers. If we discover it, we name it after ourselves.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
It's too bad the Wario boards don't have huge egos like all the Ice Climbers. If we discover it, we name it after ourselves.
What are you talking about?!?!

The PPNT53 Technique man.. Isnt that enough?

Oh and I hear the doppelganger technique is pretty useful

B.Mack

Smash Ace
"Last edited by Krystedez; 10-10-2010 at 08:36 PM."

^over 3 months ago... unacceptable Kryst... Pwneroni is leaving you in the dust.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
*yawns*...

School... Laziness from school... School again...

When will it end :troll:

I cant make any promises. I been really busy with the BR and other junk anytime Im on here d:

Top Bottom