• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario's Chopper: The Guide to All Things Bike (Coming soon!)

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Time to...

GOOOOOOO~!

You read the title correct. This is no troll on a tricycle. IT'S !@#$er-!@#$ing Wario on his !@#$er-!@#$ing Chopper. And this thread is dedicated to all things that have to deal with his bike, his tires, the combination of both, the traps, the mind games, the theorycraft, and sometimes our lovely little sharp-eared garden gnome with his opinion on what to do.

DISCLAIMER
I'm not an expert. I can't just drag in some frame data to prove something. I test things. I work with the cast. I look at the tests and have my room mates or other friendly brawlers help me test them by DIing and trying to combat it. I also test it in real life serious gameplay. So please don't ask me for frame data. Ask someone else who has the time to bring these in to the thread.

Organization

1st Post
Introduction+Video Footage Examples+The Honorable Bike Mains (currently postponed)

2nd Post
Chopper Combos/Tricks/Evilness(working on first)

3rd Post
Tire Traps/Fantasies/Cruelty(working on next)

4th Post
Awesomeness Combined! I am Wario Man!(currently postponed)

Combos/Traps are the bread and butter, guaranteed shenanigans you can get no matter what.

Tricks/Fantasies are specialty usable stuff that is not guaranteed but can be useful if it weren't for it's situationalness and crappy timing and such.

Evilness/Cruelness is gimps, greedy mix ups, and combinations for the ultimate damage/stock taking! (warning; may result in stock loss if not mastered)

THIS TOPIC WILL GROW AND IS A WORK IN PROGRESS! And I would love to hear your opinion on its progress and content distribution.

"Rock'n'roll!"

Krystedez

Awaken the Path

Time to get crackin'.​

There's way too many things that you (the great wario) can do with this thing! Let's start out with some of the basics of using this item: chucking/lobbing/dropping.

WARNING: I'm not done with this yet obviously. I want to put pictures, MORE videos, and finally the actual material. Post 2 will probably take the most time mainly because I'm not at home with a wii now. When I am I can make more videos/pictures. As usual, just bare with me.

Bike-chuck forward/down (C-stick)

One of the most useful things you can do with the bike is to throw it in your opponent's general direction. However, will you take bounce, or no bounce? If you want it to bounce a couple times before it reaches your opponent (in order to intimidate them and protect you longer while approaching/retreating), throw it down. If you want to chuck that piece of work at your opponent's face (with no bounces, except on their body or if thrown from a platform),chuck it forward. Might be useful for placing the bike somewhere you want it to be like in the following video below.
*Read- Tricks for up-close and personal mind-games
*Read- Evilness for greedy edgeguarding that may cost them a stock and you nothing!

Videos:
Chuck Down off Smashville Platform
Chuck Forward off Norfair Platform (bounces due to height)
Chuck Forward at Metaknight

Bike-chuck up (C-stick)
Useful for traps. Just like the tires, this bad boy can be an active hit box for the number of bounces that occurs from the time you c-stick-throw it up to the time it lands; the difference?: Does not disappear upon contact, and stays active. Sweet. Also, this thing goes farther up than you'd think; you can definitely hit a gliding metaknight about 10 warios high in the sky from you. (just a silly measurement).

*Read- Tricks for situational combat
*Read- Evilness for epic edgeguarding and potential KO setups

Bike-lob forward (A-tilted throw forward)

Good for an overhead (lob) attack for opponent's slightly above you or just nearby in front of you. Think of lobbing a ball in an arc with either a racket, your baseball glove, or in this case, your bare hands. You're basically throwing it in the arc to where you believe your opponent will be or is at the moment you throw it.
*Read- Combos for quick and easy follow ups from arc finishers to quickie platform punishes

Bike-toss up (A-tilted throw up)
Excellent mix up for when you want to keep the bike closer to you and even closer to your aerial enemy above your head (will bounce more passively when thrown softly)

Bike-drop (drop off ledge while carrying bike)

Gets rid of your bike quickly if you're nearby a ledge, and don't want to deal with laggy frames of throwing it. The bike doesn't become an active hitbox from falling from your hands, unfortunately. (Wah!)

"Ha! I'm amazing!"

Be@st

Smash Cadet
Im pumped.....Now I will know how to ride the bike with Luigi. I might be able to trip off the bike with my 2x trip.

Shift

Smash Journeyman
This will be a good addition to helping out us Wario mains. It'll just add onto the arsenal of things Wario can do to the opponent with a 102938102931 ton bike.

Shift

Smash Journeyman
I actually managed to only pull this off once on Delfino while playing a Pit CPU because I was bored.

I was recovering underneath the stage and I don't remember what motion I did to do it, but I started to spin around for like 4 seconds and hit the Pit and instant kill. I went VOOOOOOOOSH! right into the sky and I wasn't able to come down until Pit hit me with an arrow.

I was like: "Holy crap... I need to know how I did that." but I never managed to do it again. :urg:

4Biddin

Smash Journeyman
This will be a good addition to helping out us Wario mains. It'll just add onto the arsenal of things Wario can do to the opponent with a 102938102931 ton bike.
O M G that sig is so freaky funny im laughing right now hahahahahha

!@#$%'s don't know about DO A BARREL ROLL.

Btw, it's called 4Biddin for a reason. Nyehhh! *points at sig*
Bike is broken :mad: it should be 4biddin!

lol

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
So the guide should be out tommorow right? I'm really looking forward to it :laugh:
Give me some time.

The guide shall have it's official release here in a bit, with just a modest amount of information that I can provide. I unfortunately have some strenuous homework to do, but between breaks I'll update.

This is going to be updated a la Smash Dojo Style, where I update periodically, that way people can give me opinions and help contribute if they wish. (like for instance guys, where you think that "Que" combo can go, or how about the 4biddin technique? It's right to think that 4biddin technique should go to Evilness/Cruelness, but then again it's not really capable of being mastered, since it's so situational. Maybe tricks/fantasies? These are questions I need answered.

Blue Rogue

Smash Ace
NNID
ValiantVyse
3DS FC
4527-9345-8740
Really wanna know how to make it heaven-jump, I only can do spins consistently..

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
I updated first and second posts. Not very much content right now, but I need to work on my programming course work. I'll probably get back to this when I catch a break this week (possibly thursday)

And yes I know this is very modest, doesn't even touch the iceberg, etc... I just need more resources than what I have now.

bassem6

Smash Lord
Ive never tried throwing the bike with an a-tilt in any direction before. Is a-tilt down any different from c-stick down?

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
Krys, I have an HD PVR so I can get good quality screen shots a videos. If you need my help just send a pm or let me know somehow.

*needs to get composite cables back*

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
I'll try to this weekend or the weekend after MLG. Got lots of classes messing with my schedule so I'm sorry for the lack of updates guys. . .

SAX

Smash Ace
I heard that they can just shield the tires, is this true???? ):
yes unfortunately. But, it still sets up for great mind games. Like jumping over them with a tire in hand, and then coming down with a bite. Works every time haha.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Using a tire for shield pressure is great too.

Throw a tire down behind opponent, come down on opponent with Dair in their front, pushes their shield and their body towards tire, tire either diminishes shield more for a set up to break it, or simply leaves them in shield stun long enough for you to grab them. If they spot dodge or roll, they'll get hit by the tire anyways, leaving you with a great setup.

I'll add this into the original post later. Right now it feels like my whole weekend is going to be catch up time, should I have a chance at making it to MLG . . .

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Hey Krys, not sure if you knew but there's a really good way to break the bike and still stay grounded. Just do a dash attack, and cancel it into an Usmash :p 2008 Snake style haha. Dunno how many move refreshes you get, but those are pretty rare moves lol.

Blue Rogue

Smash Ace
NNID
ValiantVyse
3DS FC
4527-9345-8740
That only gets you 2 refreshes.
I use utilt to break it cuz w/e. I REALLY want to know frame advantage for utilt's weak hit, I'm loving this move.

Top Bottom