• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario's Bite is dumb

Iota

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2852-7054-7732
Pretty sure there would be more warios doing it to snake (the explosion eating a grenade causes has a **** ton of knockback) if it wasn't so freakin situational.

zApollo

Smash Ace
Pulled this off again a few times today in the exact same scenario. The timing seems just right for this method to consistently punish a predictable TL player throwing a bomb from underneath the ledge. Around 70% is enough to KO without a stage tech.

Good for lolzy matches since it's difficult to recover if both whiffed or connected.

(S!C)

Smash Journeyman
hmm the idea against TL is really good.
against those planking **** things i always threw a tire down and then uair/waft, but this one looks way better. seems pretty save cuz of super armor

Tesh

Smash Hero
Is the knockback directly related to the power of the explosive swallowed?

I know swallowing things like smartbombs can kill at like 90 from the middle of the stage, but I've never tried using one of toon link's bombs.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I'm going to place my bets on "no".

I think it'd just recognise it has explosive properties and do the damage/knockback from there.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Well in that case, I wouldn't bother using it offstage with the lengthy "heheh i ate a bomb" animation when it kills a little earlier than Fsmash from the middle of the stage anyway.

Just catch a bomb and z drop -> reverse bite and BOOM. Wario is definitely heavy enough to blow himself up for 6 damage now and then.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Here's what I found regarding what I assume to be this move:

Frame 1-16 - Intangibility
Frame 16 - Hitbox
Sakurai Angle/Base Knockback - 50/Knockback Growth - 110/Damage - 13
Frame 70 - IASA

Dantarion's database says the hitbox has a size of 12... I don't think I'm looking at the wrong one, but that seems dubiously big. (For a comparison, Wario's Up Air has a size of about 8.5.)

Actually, that's a gigantic hitbox. Wario's Up Air alone is probably the size of Wario, if not bigger. lol

Edit:

Tesh, it doesn't even damage Wario. lol

Wario's pretty cool like that, eh, eats bombs and doesn't afraid of anything.

Tesh

Smash Hero
It...does damage Wario. Even in the vid you posted he took 6 damage.

Also the hitbox is probably just that big because it hits on both sides. Probably like Fsmashing in both directions at once.

edit: definitely less range than fsmash in each direction

Tesh

Smash Hero
I want to learn more about this little trick. How can I get the hitbox picture for this move? Its not in the video in the guides.

waldorf2007

Smash Ace
NNID
Waldorf2007
I do this to TLs all the time, because they do that stupid little thing where they fall of edge, grab a bomb, double jump throw it up and u B. repeat. as soon as they fall I jump or fall off and immediately b reverse bite
they think they're gonna get bit so they throw the bomb immediately, and I eat that (or them) and they get stage spiked or knocked under the stage.
Can't see too much use for snake other than gimmicks though.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I don't imagine this would be very useful in edgeguarding a smart Toon Link, but this looks like it has a lot of potential in regular combat via Z-Drop -> Bite. The intangibility means that characters that would normally try to stuff our approaches with a safe tilt, aerial, or grab would get punished for it.

It could also be used to legitimately punish some spotdodges (Toon Link and Snake love that stuff, after all). Having to open our mouth first puts the initial hitbox at Frame 24 (since Bite takes eight frames before it starts hitting), which is good timing against spotdodges.

If this is at least a reasonably powerful KO move (~F-Smash KO percents), I could see Wario/Toon Link being a rather strong team, capable of camping hard or going in. We should experiment, and MJG should've come to visit like he said he would. :(

Top Bottom